Thread: Breaking: The Spirit of Ron Paul is in EVERY single Oklahoma District 5 National delegate.

Breaking: The Spirit of Ron Paul is in EVERY single Oklahoma District 5 National delegate.

We had a GREAT convention today! There was lots of disappointment from the Santorum, Romney and Gingrich people as every, single Oklahoma District 5 delegate fell to Ron Paul's Sooner 6+. Our field of delegate candidates were unstoppable today!

I was proud of my fellow Oklahomans at the convention, because it was very lively, but completely fair and orderly. The supporters of the other sides were very good sports and they can rest assured that the delegates chosen today will follow the rules.

The District 5 Sooners have some great delegates going to Florida!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good glad to see the strategy working out finally hopefully its enough

Lets hope this is consistent and not just one county.

Thank you for the word +rep
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

+ rep!!

Do they go directly to Florida or do they go to an interim convention to pick who goes to Florida?
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

+

I,m hearing a lot of good news today! Go Sooners!

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    + rep!!

Do they go directly to Florida or do they go to an interim convention to pick who goes to Florida?
    Good question. We have two more conventions in Georgia before anything is decided as far as national delegates go. Either the rules are different in Oklahoma or the OP mis-spoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Directly to Florida, all 3 delegates and all 3 alternates. Done! More to come from state.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    + rep!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How are the delegates bound? From greenpapers, I'm guessing one for each of the three terribles, which is unfortunate.

I'll try to find a District 5 map, but for now, it's party time!

If the rest of Oklahoma does what we just did in Oklahoma City, Norman and beyond, it's all over for anyone but Paul. Study us in District 5. This is how it's done. No muss, no fuss!

Next, the Sooner State will demonstrate how you get even more awesome Ron Paul delegates going to Tampa.
    Last edited by flybeech; 03-31-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    +

I,m hearing a lot of good news today! Go Sooners!
    Is that your cat? I need one that looks like that. He looks sophisticated.

Proportional allocation with 15% threshold; if candidate receives 50% plus, winner take all per district vote

Delegates bound until released.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/...%20Summary.pdf
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem."
    Ronald Reagan, 1981

Quote Originally Posted by VAMole View Post
    How are the delegates bound? From greenpapers, I'm guessing one for each of the three terribles, which is unfortunate.
    Yeah, but if Santorum is using the greenpapers article as a game plan as I understand he mentioned to people on a conference call, he's counting on there being enough votes between the anti Romney delegates to vote a change in rules at national convention. That is what the article he quoted says, in any event. He won't be able to do that ONLY certain states.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I understand that Oklahoma has about 42 total delegates that'll mosey on down to Florida. The 42'ish delegates are mixed between District and State delegates. District 5 elected our 3 delegates complete with 3 alternates today. They just need to load up the truck and head to Tampa. Next, we'll get the at-large and own the whole state.

You guys rock! +rep
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

Thanks for letting us know - good job!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    According to the Doc on Leno, if the very first election doesn't reveal a clear winner, the delegate can then vote his conscience on all subsequent elections.

Here's a link to an article in the Examiner written by one of our awesome newly elected Ron Pal delegates. Victory for Liberty in OK-5

Strangely, this is the only article I can find. Steve eloquently explains how we swept the District 5 convention.

This is great news. Thanks you Sooners.
    Life is not a movie & liberty will not be delivered on a bed of feathers.

Tax is theft. War is murder. Conscription is slavery. Government is organized crime.

Quote Originally Posted by flybeech View Post
    Here's a link to an article in the Examiner written by one of our awesome newly elected Ron Pal delegates. Victory for Liberty in OK-5

Strangely, this is the only article I can find. Steve eloquently explains how we swept the District 5 convention.
    That link doesn't work. This appears to be what you meant:
    xxxx://www.examiner.com/conservative-in-oklahoma-city/victory-for-liberty-ok-5

Oklahoma is a primary so I glad to hear things like this.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.