Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Are there any issues you disagree with Paul on?

Are there any issues you disagree with Paul on?

I support paul i even voted for him in my state but im wondering what areas people here disagree with him on. For me personally:

1. Doesn't believe in Global warming.
    2. Doesn't accept evolution despite it being as factual.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You might want to research your assumptions.

Ron Paul's views are nuanced. He isn't a bumper sticker.

He is religious but says his views don't preclude evolution, however, he resents questions about religious beliefs being raised as if they were a religious test for office. He also believes the earth does what it does in temperature. His belief in the limits on the federal government govern his views of law, so it doesn't matter whether he thinks humans are involved or not.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-30-2012 at 10:54 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Global warming differs from global climate change.

You knew that right?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by vidiots View Post
    I support paul i even voted for him in my state but im wondering what areas people here disagree with him on. For me personally:

Interesting how both of your issues are religion based. At least you acknowledge to yourself that global warming isn't factual.

I take a stronger stance than Ron on the issue of border security and illegal immigration. I support the death penalty as well. Those are probably the main issues I disagree with him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I take a stronger stance than Ron on the issue of border security and illegal immigration. I support the death penalty as well. Those are probably the main issues I disagree with him on.
    Dr. Paul used to be pro-death penalty. But he changed his position after seeing all the cases overturned later on and decided it wasn't worth the risk of executing one innocent person. It is tough to argue against that logic, no?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Interesting how both of your issues are religion based. At least you acknowledge to yourself that global warming isn't factual.
    How is Global warming religious based. Is there not actual data to show it or prove the theory.

I don't support what he says on the campaign trail about who committed the 9/11 attacks. Other than that, I'm pretty much lock step with him on everything.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I disagreed with him during his 2011 CPAC speech when he mentioned a 10% flat tax with the option to 'opt out' of government programs. I don't want to pay any income tax to government. If I'm opting out of government programs, I don't want to pay for someone else's benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Global warming differs from global climate change.

You knew that right?
    No honestly lol whats the difference

How is Global warming religious based. Is there not actual data to show it or prove the theory.
    You know it is a religion, subconsciously if anything. Other wise you wouldn't have said "believe in". Which requires acceptance without absolute proof, belief. Just like every other religion.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    You know it is a religion, subconsciously if anything. Other wise you wouldn't have said "believe in". Which requires acceptance without absolute proof, belief. Just like every other religion.
    Yes i said it that way because you dont have to believe it. You technically dont have to believe any thing in life do you? Like gravity does that make it wrong? or that the earth is moving or that it has an orbit.

despite what they teach you in school, it is highly debatable. Not that the earth changes temperature, or how did we have ice ages and vinyards in England, tropics in Antartica, as scientists say we did, but that is is causual or without glaring inconsistencies like the middle age warming period with no manmade emissions.

But man changes the world so much, it seems to me we must do some things. But this world wide cap and trade scheme for marketable securities is the OPPOSITE of what you would do if emissions were the driver. It would push all manufacturing to third world areas where there are few pollution controls so that worldwide emissions would go up. It would also shift jobs and money there. Which seems to be the actual purpose of the law, since it would make emissions worse, not better.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

99.99% of RP supporters favor Dr. Paul's primary objectives which are to restore America by bring us sound money and slashing the national debt. Bringing our troops home. Ending the degradation of our civil liberties by eliminating the Patriot Act, NDAA, etc.

Who cares about the secondary issues that some of us may differ over. They seem extremely petty in comparison.
    “The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Yes i said it that way because you dont have to believe it. You technically dont have to believe any thing in life do you? Like gravity does that make it wrong? or that the earth is moving or that it has an orbit.
    That is all well in good. If you don't thnk that global warming has become a religion, you should step back and evaluate it a bit more. As far as evolution, you don't understand the nuances of Dr. Paul's position, it isn't that he doesn't accept evolution. But I'm not gonna speak for him, he devotes an entire chapter to the subject in his book "Liberty Defined". Its a good read, I recommend it.

Edit: FWIW, here is one of the current high priestesses of the global warming cult.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 03-30-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    despite what they teach you in school, it is highly debatable. Not that the earth changes temperature, or how did we have ice ages and vinyards in England, tropics in Antartica, as scientists say we did, but that is is causual or without glaring inconsistencies like the middle age warming period with no manmade emissions.

But man changes the world so much, it seems to me we must do some things. But this world wide cap and trade scheme for marketable securities is the OPPOSITE of what you would do if emissions were the driver. It would push all manufacturing to third world areas where there are few pollution controls so that worldwide emissions would go up. It would also shift jobs and money there. Which seems to be the actual purpose of the law, since it would make emissions worse, not better.
    Good points actually. Not sure what to believe now I think i went along with that because i was teached in way for it to be fact pretty sure it was science or just in general.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I disagree on certain envrionmental issues.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

I love this part of his book "Liberty Defined" on creationism -vs-evolution at the end he mentions he would like to see some proof of evolution in wars and how much mankind kills one another.

http://youtu.be/2eiR_U8vhIo
    Last edited by Working Poor; 03-30-2012 at 11:19 PM.

There aren't any issues I outright disagree on. I'm still neutral on ending the fed because I'm not yet convinced another solution works better (I do want it fully audited though) and I'm also sort of neutral on the death penalty, but definitely see his point.

I think I agree on everything else.
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I love this part of his book "Liberty Defined" on creationism -vs-evolution at the end he mentions he would like to see some proof of evolution in wars and how much mankind kills one another.

http://<iframe width="420" height="3...reen></iframe>
    Link is not working.

Death penalty and little foreign policy. Certainly not much.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
    I disagreed with him during his 2011 CPAC speech when he mentioned a 10% flat tax with the option to 'opt out' of government programs. I don't want to pay any income tax to government. If I'm opting out of government programs, I don't want to pay for someone else's benefit.
    He was trying to come up with a way to balance the budget and pay off obligations already incurred, defense, courts, etc. but he ended up with a better plan, the Plan to Restore America. He was looking for feedback and clearly got some.

Just the usual an-cap objections. But... Ron Paul's greatest influences were an-cap, including the man who coined the phrase. So, I'm happy to get most of the way there.

Also (and this is coming from an ignostic) anyone who purports to know for certain to what degree man has influenced global climate change, or exactly how an amoeba becomes a pterodactyl, is frankly blowing smoke up your... ahem, jumping to conclusions.

Immigration and free trade.

My views have evolved into a form of economic nationalism, so I'm not thrilled about free trade. I do appreciate the fact that his is anti-WTO and has voted against most free trade agreements.

Even though I think his stance on birthright citizenship should be lauded, I'm definitely much tougher on immigration, both legal and illegal.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What an odd way to start your RPF career...
    I am the spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    I don't support what he says on the campaign trail about who committed the 9/11 attacks. Other than that, I'm pretty much lock step with him on everything.
    Same here.
    I am the spoon.

1. Evolution
    2. The border (free markets mean open borders to me, using state violence to solve any problem goes against Paul's libertarian/free market principles)
    "Building Freedom in an Unfree World" - http://freedomlovin.com

"All initiation of force is a violation of someone else's rights, whether initiated by an individual or the state, for the benefit of an individual or group of individuals, even if it's supposed to be for the benefit of another individual or group of individuals."
    -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    What an odd way to start your RPF career...
    How so?

I don't agree with his position on 9/11. The first time he ran I almost stopped supporting him over his views on 9/11 truthers. I continued supporting him because he wants to end the Fed which would end the power behind the 9/11 attacks and their power over America.
    Last edited by RickyJ; 03-30-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Evolution isn't a policy...

..And to answer the OP's question, no.. I agree with the doc on absolutely everything.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

https://twitter.com/#!/JustinFrom1776

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast