Dear Ron Paul supporter,
Early Voting is ongoing in DC! If you live in DC, get to the polls!(and bring some friends!) – if you’re not registered to vote – registering is Easy! (More info below)
We are also fundraising to conduct robopolls to identify additional Ron Paul supporters in DC, inform them of early voting, and get them to the polls! These robocalls will also naturally identify Santorum supporters(who does not appear on the ballot in DC), so we will be calling to persuade them to vote for Ron Paul to deny Romney the delegates. These robocall efforts have been run and were successful in several other states, most notably, they were responsible for moving us from 3rd to a 2nd place finish in the State of Washington and securing what sounds to be landslide victories for obtaining delegates in some areas of WA. If you would like to contribute towards this, pleasemake your most generous contribution here https://rp2012.nationbuilder.com/donate_dc
· In other states, the robocall effort has identified Ron Paul supporters at a cost of less than $1 per ID.
· 6,200 Republicans voted in the 2008 Presidential Primary.
· 3 main candidates will split the vote in 2012: Paul, Romney, Gingrich. (Santorum missed the ballot)
· DC is a Winner-Take-All primary. Paul could win DC with a mere 2,500 votes!
AND take all of DC's 16 delegates!!! (Similar to the delegate count in New Hampshire, Vermont!)
· In addition: Santorum supporters know they need a brokered/open convention. This effort will also ID people who support Santorum
· SO: We follow up and call Santorum supporters in DC to persuade them to vote for Paul and deny Romney any delegates.
Calling is a very effective method, after door-to-door campaigning, to get out the vote.
We expect a robocall campaign of $700 to Identify Ron Paul and Santorum Voters In DC will be effective. This should give us at least 700 additional identified Ron Paul supporters to GOTV, and an equal or greater number of Santorum to persuade.
So far we have raised $295.
Money is precious. It takes great effort to earn. But Paul did the hardest work of all to get on the ballot, spending decades of his life, including three runs at the Presidency. And because of him the principles of a free society have spread to far more people than ever before. A small sacrifice at the right time may make a big difference.
So would you please consider a contribution of $20? Most people never open emails, so we need more than $1 each but you can see the totals as they accrue Please make your most generous contribution on this secure website: https://rp2012.nationbuilder.com/donate_dc
NEWS OF INTEREST:
Only Paul and Romney will be on the ballot in all 50 states. http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-first...150500158.html
Romney and Paul are the GOP fundraising front runners. http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...GOP/53106898/1
"Early" Voting in DC:
Getting on a ballot: Very Tough. Voting: Easy.
Paul spent decades as a political outcast.
Now some of his positions are discussed seriously in the mainstream and co-opted by competitors. Please maintain momentum behind the mes sage by voting today!!! Remember, its a marathon, not a sprint.
· Strengthens Paul's hand at the National GOP convention
· Demonstrates the presence of a strong liberty-minded community in DC and increases the prominence of the message, galvanizing future interest in building our strength in DC
· Demonstrates to Republicans (and Democrats) that their party's future is in moving away from war, social and economic regulation, and heavy spending to one of individual liberty, peace, and limited state authority.
· One Easy Step: 1. Register and “Early Vote”
· If not already registered to vote in DC as a Republican (it is too late to change party registration): Take one of the following current documents with your name and DC address: Lease, utility bill, bank statement, paycheck/stub, government-issued check or other government issued document.
· Student?: Housing assignment forms or tuition/housing bill serve as proof of DC residency(instead of the previous bullet)
· Are you currently registered in another state? You may register/vote in DC, as long as you have not or do not intend to vote in your home state’s primary)
EARLY VOTING: Now through Saturday March 31st, 8:30 AM—7:00 PMNo lines!
(Metros indicated below are within 6 blocks of polling stations except for those with * which are further)
One Judiciary Square - 441 4th Street NW (Judiciary Square Metro (R), Archives Metro (G, Y))
Or satellite locations:
Columbia Heights Community Center: 1480 Girard Street, NW (Columbia Heights (G, Y))
Takoma Community Center: 300 Van Buren Street, NW (Takoma Metro (R))
King Greenleaf Recreation Center: 201 N Street, SW (Waterfront Metro (G))
Chevy Chase Community Center: 5601 Connecticut Avenue NW (Friendship Heights (R)*)
Chevy Chase Community Center Turkey Thicket Recreation Center: 1100 Michigan Avenue, NE (Brookland CUA (R)*)
Dorothy Height/Benning Library: 3935 Benning Rd. NE (Minnesota Ave (O)*, Benning (B)*)
Southeast Tennis and Learning Center: 701 Mississippi Avenue, SE (Congress Heights (G)*)
ELECTION DAY: April 3 - at your local Ward Polling Station (registered Republicans only)
Find it here: http://www.dcboee.org/voter_info/find_pollingplace
- Next steps: Building the Republican Party in DC with true limited government types. We have begun the process and it will be more focused after the primary. We need your help in getting involved!