Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2016 starts NOW: Is Rand running for prez? (he's off to Iowa)

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    We might have to deal with demint as well. I think he's been trying to reach out to us bc he is going to run in '16
    Interesting, I never considered that.
    Join the Free State Project - www.freestateproject.org

Now that Rand is out - Gary Johnson 2016!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    DeMint has always stated he doesn't want the Presidency. I believe him. If Romney wins, Rand might have to wait until 2020 and his chances would be diminished because Romney will have destroyed the Republican brand, and America might be too far off to save by then.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

FYI, Governor Gary Johnson has said he's running again in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by HardyMacia View Post

Really? Wouldn't he be catching some serious flak if he attempts to run as in the GOP? Don't get me wrong, i really like Gary, and will probably end up supporting him if he wins the LP nod but i dont see the rationale behind him running again in the GOP.
    Please consider donating to the Mises Caucus today. We are TAKING OVER the LP.

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

Your recurring donation is what helps us to set these ideas into motion.

Donate today at www.TakeHumanAction.com

The title was Rand is running for President... I didn't realize it was a requirement to run in the GOP to run for President.

Governor Johnson will be running as a Libertarian again in 2016.

PS: He'll be on Colbert Report on Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by HardyMacia View Post
    A quick google search did not confirm this.

We might have to deal with demint as well. I think he's been trying to reach out to us bc he is going to run in '16
    Nothing at all wrong with that. Nikki Haley's name was also mentioned in this thread. So if we have Rand, DeMint and Haley all in the race there are 3 people representing various strains of libertarian-conservatism, all of them prominent names. Heck, throw a few more in there like Judge Nap, Paul LePage, etc and we could conceivably be looking at having the majority voice in the early stages of the race leading up to Iowa.

Really? Wouldn't he be catching some serious flak if he attempts to run as in the GOP? Don't get me wrong, i really like Gary, and will probably end up supporting him if he wins the LP nod but i dont see the rationale behind him running again in the GOP.
    Agreed. I think he burned his bridges by jumping to the LP. It will be very hard for Johnson to get some GOP grassroots support given that he could jump ship at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    Nothing at all wrong with that. Nikki Haley's name was also mentioned in this thread. So if we have Rand, DeMint and Haley all in the race there are 3 people representing various strains of libertarian-conservatism, all of them prominent names. Heck, throw a few more in there like Judge Nap, Paul LePage, etc and we could conceivably be looking at having the majority voice in the early stages of the race leading up to Iowa.

meh, haley doesn't represent liberty views imo

We have big plans including creating a program to bring libertarians like Maj Toure and Tom Woods to college campuses.

We have several LP Mises Caucus Members who won elected office in 2020 including multiple City Council seats.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    meh, haley doesn't represent liberty views imo
    agreed. she endorsed romney. and shes the governor for South Carolina. I mean come on.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    A quick google search did not confirm this.
    He has mentioned it once or twice in his online town halls. (http://www.yowie.com/garyjohnsonlive)

in light of today's new april one topic in hot topics,
    this reads differently than before! makes my day!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    agreed. she endorsed romney. and shes the governor for South Carolina. I mean come on.
    Nikki Haley is no good.

Check out my Politicians We Can Trust list in my sig for the only 5 current governors I haven't found anything on to remove them.
    I am the spoon.

Rand isn't going to run against an incumbent Republican if Romney is President in 2016. If that's the case, Rand won't be able to run until 2020. I don't understand why people here talk like it's a given that Rand will be able to run for President in 2016.

he'd take Mr Romney on if the guy wins.
    Rand will run. i agree with Matt Collins
    on how likely Rand's name just might
    be on everyone's lips at Tampa if the
    good doctor decides to bow out at
    the GOP convention with an ease
    and grace. Dr Ron could ask us all to
    humour a vote for Rand then, if there
    are multiple ballots and no closing in
    on the magic 1144+ number by anyone.
    i was not very upset at MC's April One
    brainfreeze missive. i wuz prank'd~2!
    Last edited by Aratus; 04-04-2012 at 05:27 PM. Reason: matt!collins*has!his*mo!ments!

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Haterz gonna hate, but Rand is gonna kick ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Rand isn't going to run against an incumbent Republican if Romney is President in 2016. If that's the case, Rand won't be able to run until 2020. I don't understand why people here talk like it's a given that Rand will be able to run for President in 2016.
    Romney can't win, especially with the cold shoulder from Ron Paul, and that's exactly what he will get unless things get real interesting at the convention.

F@#K the MSM, all Ron Paul has to do is keep drawing these massive crowds and build his momentum going into Tampa. He's not going to stop campaigning even if Romney gets the official number of delegates from the popular vote to win on the first ballot. And if we keep supporting him and growing the movement Ron Paul will control the nomination in Tampa.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

Rand cannot be President until he fixes his hair. I'd like to see him run for Governor first; as he stands now he is sort-of an important nobody. It's much more difficult to ignore the Presidential aspirations of a former Senator and Governor, who also has a strong base.

Senator is just as good of a jumping off point as governor. Rand is known very well already. I think he will be ready to go in '16

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    There have been quite a few members of the Republican Liberty Caucus that have endorsed Romney. Haley, Lee, Flake, Duncan and a few others. The organization itself endorsed Paul, but many of the members have endorsed Romney. As a side note, none of the RLC members have endorsed Santorum or Newt.

Bump
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by ProvincialPeasant View Post
    Rand cannot be President until he fixes his hair. I'd like to see him run for Governor first; as he stands now he is sort-of an important nobody. It's much more difficult to ignore the Presidential aspirations of a former Senator and Governor, who also has a strong base.
    Rand will be president on the strength of his record and his positions. I don't think his prior offices are going to matter much. If Obama gets re-elected, this is Rand's race to lose in 2016 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Rand will be president on the strength of his record and his positions. I don't think his prior offices are going to matter much. If Obama gets re-elected, this is Rand's race to lose in 2016 imo.
    I know my low post-count will naturally open my opinions to being ignored. However, considering Rand is meant to be the more (seemingly) establishment Liberty candidate, at least when compared with Ron, he also needs to adopt other features of being a typical candidate. He needs to improve his appearance and delivery and beef-up his resume. Of course, I don't think he shouldn't run in 2016 if Obama wins, but if the GOP does, a Governorship would be a good way to prepare for the next opening.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    he needs to keep that mop on his head trimmed if he wants to be president.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvincialPeasant View Post
    Depends on what you mean by "fixes." I say he should keep the weirdness--but, yes, he (or his staff/wife) should keep it styled and trimmed.
    You need to have some sort of memorable feature to maintain recognition...I think this election day hair is awesome:
    Last edited by radiofriendly; 04-08-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneButPaul View Post
    Run for office as a member of the GOP! For anything, anywhere, but not anytime, IT MUST BE NOW!

Run for office anywhere and everywhere! We must infilitrate the party to the best of our abilities so in 2016 or 2020 we have more influence and POWER within the GOP to help Rand, or whoever takes Ron's place!

This is a decades long struggle for liberty, WE MUST take back the GOP first and foremost!
    I'm running for precinct committeewoman here for the third time. The fossil who had the seat has finally gotten too tired but now her daughter is running against me. Third time's the charm? Or will the daughter's name recognition win out. I think I have a good chance - both previous runs I got more than a third of the vote, without lifting a finger to campaign for it - but only if I take action to get more votes. That's a tall order in the mid-summer in Missouri. It means walking door-to-door and hitting about a thousand households spread over at least a dozen square miles and handing everyone at least a business card. I have neither the strength nor the money to do what's necessary to win.

County-wide, our people are running for 20 out of 24 precinct committees. Most of them are unopposed, but not me, oh no, I'll be the one who has to work hard for it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast