Thread: Is there an "official" MS state Ron Paul organization?

Is there an "official" MS state Ron Paul organization?

I might be able to become a delegate listed on the "official" slate going to FL. I would love to contact someone connected to the official campaign if possible to discuss this.

Thanks.
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anything going on in Mississippi now that Santorum has dropped out?

Verochick, are you still out there?

Anyone, anyone?
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

We're working quietly and hard.... Santorum still has the delegates as he hasn't dropped out of the race.

If you will message me what district you vote in I will send you a contact email. The official campaign is headed up by RP coordinators in each district. Plans are being made to attend the precinct meetings at 10:00 am on April 28 and then the County Conventions in the afternoon of the same day to hopefully elect delegates to the state convention, short of that, to have a liberty influence at the local and state party levels by becoming involved in the Republican Party county executive committees. We cannot have the singular short term goal of electing delegates, we must at the same time become a controlling element in the party to effect needed changes through executive committee membership.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

I finally got a list of names like YESTERDAY and have been able to call/email them today.

So far looks like I'm getting maybe a dozen folks committing to go to precinct meetings in my County tomorrow.

My understanding is that my County is going to have virtually no turnout of Republicans in general tomorrow especially since Santorum has dropped out (he won Mississippi). So I'm hoping we can get a number of Ron Paul supporters into the State Convention this May.

Unless something goes terribly wrong I plan on being there, and yes I'll even buy myself a new suit and dress up for the occasion.

That's how much Ron Paul means to me.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

Today is the Mississippi Precinct and County caucus meetings. Hopefully the folks I contacted will be able to show up and we can get Ron Paul supporters going to the State Convention in May.

I'll let you know this afternoon what goes down.

Wish us luck, we don't know what we're doing but we're going to try anyway!

Thanks for not backing down in the face of overwhelming odds. +rep to you. We are doing the same down here in south Ms. We are a small rural county with only 1.5 delegates but I am optimistic for liberty delegates and for positions on the executive committee. We might be bound to the primary vote but we are still pushing forward, we will not go quietly into the night. And yes, it does feel good to become involved with other like minded liberty supporters standing up for what is good and right. Good luck today, and may freedom prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    I finally got a list of names like YESTERDAY and have been able to call/email them today.

So far looks like I'm getting maybe a dozen folks committing to go to precinct meetings in my County tomorrow.

My understanding is that my County is going to have virtually no turnout of Republicans in general tomorrow especially since Santorum has dropped out (he won Mississippi). So I'm hoping we can get a number of Ron Paul supporters into the State Convention this May.

Unless something goes terribly wrong I plan on being there, and yes I'll even buy myself a new suit and dress up for the occasion.

That's how much Ron Paul means to me.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Reminder: Go vote in MS at your regular precinct TODAY at 10 AM!
    Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just got back from the precinct meetings, I am an alternate to the County meetings at 3:00 P.M.

The other delegate is also a Ron Paul supporter but not as much as I, she thinks that Romney is a 'better' choice than Obama which was the consensus at the meeting.

Out of 10 votes I got 2 and she got 8.

Everyone there liked what Ron Paul says but they had the 'he can't win' meme ingrained and the 'Romney is better than Obama' meme.

I did pledge and do pledge that I will not go against my word, that is if the Republican voters State of Mississippi bind me to vote for a non-Paul candidate and I agree to do this I will follow through, but I also made clear that if I could vote my conscious I will be voting Ron Paul.

I did make a good point that there wasn't really much difference between the two and most there agree on some level.

Three or four other folks on there are active in the local tea party meetings and campaign for liberty meetings in Memphis, which I will start attending, and we will communicate further on other ideas.

Feels good to do something real and I am much happier than I was in 2008 when I had no one in my County to play politics with.

Good luck to all of us RPFers from Mississippi, let's see what we can do!

Congrats, WilliamC!
    My hubby and I won our precinct -- headed to county this afternoon at 3!
    I'm excited that we'll probably have a RP person on the executive committee this time.
    I'm also working within the Tea Party and the GOP -- only way to spread liberty!
    Speak the truth, even if your voice shakes.

Ok, finally done with the day.

I am an alternate delegate to the State Convention in Jackson Mississippi which will be held on May 18th.

In Mississippi delegates are apportioned to candidates who get over 15% of the popular vote, which alas Ron Paul was unable to accomplish.

So I will be bound, at least initially, to vote for a non-Ron nominee and I will faithfully discharge this duty for the Republican voters of the State of Mississippi.

The other two delegates from Tate County are more Republican Party establishment types and are willing to go along with the most popular nominee because they see beating Obama as the top priority. While I personally feel that there isn't much difference between Obama and Romney, and am not shy about expressing this opinion, I can't disagree that Romney would be worse than Obama so I at least can make that concession. But no, I will not give any type of pledge or anything to support Romney or any other candidate except for the narrow duty of discharging my obligation to the Republican voters of Mississippi in voting for whomever I am bound to vote for if I must. I don't know at the State level if there will be any sort of unbinding or release of delegates but if there is of course I will vote for Ron Paul, and regardless of how Mississippi's delegates may be bound at the National Convention I will be voting for Ron Paul supporters to fill these slots.

I have also allowed myself to be elected to the Executive committee as an at-large member for Tate County, and even volunteered to serve as the Secretary for the Tate County Republican Party. This will obligate me to attend monthly meetings of the Republican Party, keep some records (like email lists and such), and interact with the County and State officials to coordinate primaries for the Republican Party. Obviously this will force me out of my comfort zone and into meeting more people with whom I can try and convert to supporters of strict limited government and substantial changes in policy such as championed by Ron Paul. Oh, also, the Treasurer of our County party is a avid Ron Paul supporter too, and of the 11 total members of our Executive committee at least 5 of us are solid Ron Paul supporters, so I am going to go ahead and declare my intent to turn the Tate County Republican Party into a more 'radical' direction for liberty and individual sovereignty than it has been in the past, but of course I am not out to deliberately alienate anyone who has some real support for smaller government and less taxes and is willing to actively work towards achieving these goals.

It feels good to me to be taking a more active role instead of just yapping on RPF (as fun and educational as that is) and reading about stuff online. Indeed, my personality type (a 5 with a 4 wing in the enneagram system) actually needs to move towards the 8, which is the personality type of natural leaders, in order for me to actualize my innate abilities and more fully integrate myself as a mentally mature individual. Or as I see it my role at this stage in my life isn't necessarily to become a leader but rather to find and challenge those who are leaders to direct their talents towards my goals; in other words I see myself more as a kingmaker than a king, I just need to find the right person to get behind. Of course this may require me to actually lead by example, but being a 'leader' isn't what I really want to do.

Much thanks to all on here who have supported me, debated with me, confided in me, and generally reminded me I'm not alone in my quest to find more freedom and to be able to pursue my own happiness as I decide. I remember in 2008 how much work I did and at the end had essentially nothing to show for it (heck we didn't even have rep back then!), it's very satisfying to now see many others like me in my local who are now also willing to step up and fight with Ron Paul to get our sovereignty back.

Yours In Liberty,

William C Colley

Shameless self-promotional bump

I am also an "alternate" but there is one of the delegates who does not want to serve as a delegate (was on a "slate" of delegates). He wants to give me his position, but we don't know if he can give it to me, or does it go to whatever alternate is considered "next" in line?
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

This is the official page for MS recently renamed due to the primary and convention being over: http://www.facebook.com/groups/MSLibertyCampaign/

Also, Those of you who were posting in this thread, we lost a liberty lover between the county and state conventions. WilliamC - William "Clif" Colley passed away. You can tell by his posts that he was very excited to be participating. He will be greatly missed.