Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April Moneybomb Web Dev, Designer, Promotion and Application Support - Chipin

Lightbulb April Moneybomb Web Dev, Designer, Promotion and Application Support - Chipin

http://www.dailypaul.com/223283/apri...support-chipin

[chipin]a6862411ea0d4df2[/chipin]

Ron Paul Supporters,

I noticed the last money bomb didn't really have a website, the creative drive, focused development, promotion and marketing support that it should have had. With regard to the creation of the April money bomb site, graphics, promotion, etc., the project should be elevated above a simple “volunteer assignment” in order to be truly effective. I know normally we would want people to volunteer for web development duty, but this might not be the best way to get the the results we need in terms of fund raising during the next money bomb date. Perhaps a new approach is necessary, and this project should be conceived in the same light as a professionally made promotional event as we've done in the past with our more efficient money bombs, and can grow from lessons learned to make the next one as successful as it can be. To that end, I thought would run this by you guys so that at least the idea would be on the table.

Both my friend Dave (graphic designer) and I (programmer) would like to work on the next money bomb as we did building out the site and marketing/advertising graphics as well as doing promotion and communications for www.NoOneButPaul.com back in February. In order to do this right we would need to be able to focus on the new site for April for the next few weeks working on it full-time. Below is a quick description for the project and a link to the associated chipin.

(chipin summary)
    Hello Ron Paul Revolutionaries, I'm a programmer by trade and work with a great designer and we both have experience in the web development industry. We are both eager to work on the next money bomb website, graphics and applications come April, however in order to do this we would need to clear our schedules and be able to work on the site full-time for the next couple of weeks. In order to be done correctly we would have to invest quite a lot of time and resources, including what could amount to 100+ hours of work by each of us. Our intention is to create a polished, professional site, graphics and applications from the ground up. Although personal funds were expended for the NOBP Money Bomb that reached over $2 Million in Feb. a more concerted and professional approach with regard to funding is necessary. A realistic budget must be created that would cover the various costs. Some of the things that must be incorporated into this budget include mailing list distribution costs of Ron Paul supporters, as well as web hosting, and promotion of the MB. Manpower expenditures must be considered as well, because our own bills must be tended to during the few weeks of the site’s development even as we put our concerted, full-time effort to creating site that’s professional and effective.

We need your help in order to allow us to do this critical work by contributing what you can. We are ready to move on the money bomb promotion work, graphics, site, marketing, etc. and to do all the promotion work that would go with it to make sure that supporters across the country know where to go when the time comes. To that end, we plan to build viral applications that would draw supporters to a the site that will be easy to remember, just as we had done with No One But Paul, but this time, we will bring all the tools we can to the table to make sure that the new money bomb will generate more traffic and therefore more fund raising for the official campaign when the time comes. If this start up money can be raised in the next few days we can get started right away. Keep in mind that we are also open to suggestions for effective applications that would augment standard money bomb sites, even those that were used on Black This Out, Tea Party 11, No One But Paul, etc. Money Bombs.

Here is a link to NoOneButPaul.com as sample of the kind of site we can put together for the next money bomb.
    http://www.noonebutpaul.com/

Chipin so that we can work on the April Money Bomb:
    http://orenbus.chipin.com/moneybomb-web-dev

Thanks
    Last edited by orenbus; 10-02-2015 at 07:57 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I chipped in 10 bucks people. It's for a good cause. This money bomb has to work! I see this method that orenbus is suggesting as the only way a truly effective moneybomb can work. It can't be just some casual, unfocused "let's hope this works' shot in the dark approach. Let's make sure we do this RIGHT!
    Last edited by Gradient; 03-27-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradient View Post
    I chipped in 10 bucks people. It's for a good cause. This money bomb has to work! I see this method that orenbus is suggesting as the only way a truly effective moneybomb can work. It can't be just some casual, unfocused "let's hope this works' shot in the dark approach. Let's make sure we do this RIGHT!
    +Rep -- The small amount that we throw in now is going to save us A LOT of heartbreak on the next Money-bomb.

I know many of us, myself included, had to donate x2, x3, x4 to Give Me Liberty to reach the 1 Million goal and that has left me with credit card debt and over streached my resources along with it. This CANNOT happen again and SHOULD NOT. We are at a time in this race where the Campaign is going to need funds -- The delegate strategy is unfolding and scores of delegates for Ron Paul are coming out of the hard fought caucus states and we need to capitalize on this excitement.

The $2,300 we can spend now is going to allow orenbus and his colleagues to actively FULL TIME market, promote, advertise, create graphics, email, and network for the next Money-bomb. This WILL open up NEW sources of revenue to spare all of our bank accounts during the next, probably most crucial, money-bomb. April 24th is a big day of Primaries and district level caucus we also have Texas and California coming up.

I am a walking example of how effective the promotion of these are! Look at my join date. Had I not clicked on a small little Facebook ad for Black This Out -- I would have NO IDEA who Ron Paul is or what his campaign is all about.

Also of note, even tho there will be people (if enough is chipped in) doing full time work on this Money-bomb it is imperative that YOU do what you can also:

Twitter
    Facebook Groups
    Emails
    Reddit
    MySpace (haha thats a joke)
    Meetup Groups
    Friends / Family
    Locally

-These are all extremely easy and cost effective ways to market this next fund raiser. Ron Paul has over 1 Million people who agree with his message of Peace, Libery, and Sound Money. If each and everyone of those people KNOW that this is coming up and can spare even $5.00 each -- Math looks good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gradient View Post
    +Rep, thanks so much, appreciate the help getting this moving, we're up to $160.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Is there transaction fees for Chipin?

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanJames View Post
    Is there transaction fees for Chipin?
    Paypal charges around 3% for the transaction.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    $10 chipped-in... Thanks for putting this together. A professional's touch goes a long way in today's world.

I can't give because I am unemployed but I do wish you well in this work. I also design, maintain, and do client and server side programming for web sites. I am presently making one for the church I attend free of charge since they can't afford to pay and I hate their current design made with the crappy FrontPage HTML generator.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Paypal charges around 3% for the transaction.
    Ok I will wait until I can put in more at once.. skipped buying lunch and was going to donate a few bucks to get momentum started.

I will match all donations up to $100 for this project starting now!

Threw down $50 myself and $20 from a relative.

Also, vote this thing up on the Daily Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post

Already had a copy/pasta so disregard the formalities:

Sorry to advertise in comments but it is very important that we start NOW to market, promote and advertise the next money-bomb... GML was a painful reminder of the need to pre plan these and get as much involvement as possible. With Texas and California coming up THIS IS CRUCIAL. -- Many of us have been over stretched and taken on debt due to the lack of promotion for the Give Me Liberty bomb -- With the race this far in and delegates coming out in scores for Ron Paul, from the hard fought caucus states, we cannot relent!

Please upvote this DailyPaul bread!

http://www.dailypaul.com/223213/apri...nside-for-poll

Please vote for the next Money-bomb in this bread!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...April-15-2012)

Please help chipin for the development team spearheading this fund raising effort... in this bread!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...Support-Chipin

I can't donate orenbus, I am sorry.

But, I will help others keep this thread bumped and remember to mention it when I can. Thanks so much.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Bump.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    I can't donate orenbus, I am sorry.

But, I will help others keep this thread bumped and remember to mention it when I can. Thanks so much.
    +Rep thanks for helping spread the word.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

+Rep, thanks so much Rebel! And appreciate you helping spread the word to get others to chip in.
    Last edited by orenbus; 03-28-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Ok I will wait until I can put in more at once.. skipped buying lunch and was going to donate a few bucks to get momentum started.

I will match all donations up to $100 for this project starting now!

A silver lining of being maxxed out:
    $50 - Your transaction ID for this payment is: 0E610154LX829112M.
    -- ronpaulhawaii from this thread -- http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...5-2012)/page10

I will donate 100$ on friday thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    I can't give because I am unemployed but I do wish you well in this work. I also design, maintain, and do client and server side programming for web sites. I am presently making one for the church I attend free of charge since they can't afford to pay and I hate their current design made with the crappy FrontPage HTML generator.
    Thanks for the support.

Quote Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
    $10 chipped-in... Thanks for putting this together. A professional's touch goes a long way in today's world.
    +Rep, thanks so much!

+rep to orenbus.

Once the site is all up and running, we need to create a chip-in to buy Google Adwords, Facebook ads and advertising on LewRockwell.com, Free Talk Live and perhaps infowars.
    Please visit the Free Talk Live YouTube Channel

My twitter: @Samuel_E_Amer
    The best liberty videos on YouTube: Freedom

The Philosophy of Liberty
    www.mises.org
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

The Potential of the Free State Project

Quote Originally Posted by Crotale View Post
    +rep to orenbus.

Once the site is all up and running, we need to create a chip-in to buy Google Adwords, Facebook ads and advertising on LewRockwell.com, Free Talk Live and perhaps infowars.
    Yes! -- The small small small amounts that we could pool together for an EFFECTIVE and NATIONAL marketing campaign for this moneybomb could definantly yield much higher returns during the actually donation. If 1 million people just "know" about its existance would help tremendously -- hell if those 1 million people just donated a dollar each it would be one of the more successful ones.

With that being said, does anyone have the capabilities of a server/database that can handle 1 million emails?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by carterm View Post
    is this on dailypaul?
    http://www.dailypaul.com/223213/apri...omment-2347860

He's in the comments, unsure if there is a specific thread or not

Yes! -- The small small small amounts that we could pool together for an EFFECTIVE and NATIONAL marketing campaign for this moneybomb could definantly yield much higher returns during the actually donation. If 1 million people just "know" about its existance would help tremendously -- hell if those 1 million people just donated a dollar each it would be one of the more successful ones.

With that being said, does anyone have the capabilities of a server/database that can handle 1 million emails?
    Indeed, just having banner up at LewRockwell.com, FreeTalkLive (and radio ads as well) and Infowars (bit touch and go that - very expensive and not many like to link Ron Paul with Alex Jones).

We also need to get all the liberty media behind it: Thomas Wood; Adam Kokesh; RevPac; RonPaulRadio; Lew Rockwell.......the list goes on.

We need to get the 'big names' on board for this to be a success.
    Please visit the Free Talk Live YouTube Channel

My twitter: @Samuel_E_Amer
    The best liberty videos on YouTube: Freedom

The Philosophy of Liberty
    www.mises.org
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

The Potential of the Free State Project

To the front page little thread! The sun has yet to dusk upon your importance

You just made a payment of
    $25.00 USD
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    You just made a payment of
    $25.00 USD
    +Rep, thanks Kathy! Your donation has brought us up to 25%

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast