Thread: Patrick Kelly (R, KY-06)

Patrick Kelly (R, KY-06)

26 YO software engineer running in Kentucky; Rand volunteer.

50/50 he has an account on here.

Doing an AMA on Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...nd_im_running/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I actually just saw his AMA (it's high on the front page) and came here to post about him, and saw your post. I never heard of the guy before. His platform sounds great - typical libertarian Republican. But considering he's only 26 and has a big ol' beard I'm guess he doesn't have a shot in hell at winning the Primary. Please tell me if I'm wrong though.

http://patrickkelly2012.com/

Well, it IS Kentucky.

ALso, I can tell from reading his AMA he is highly intelligent and a very effective communicator. I like this guy a lot.'

Here is his response to "Would you cut funding to NASA and other science things"

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...nd_im_running/

I really like his issues page. His views are eloquent and on point. This is a candidate we should support.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

LOL I just took a closer look at his issues page and he just randomly quotes other people and songs without attributing it. The quotes are all fantastic ones though so I actually support this. For Example on his drug policy page:

http://patrickkelly2012.com/the-issues/the-war-on-drugs

"If we can't keep drugs out of a super max prison, then even if America became one huge prison, there would still be drugs." - stephen molyneux

"All research and successful drug policy shows that treatment should be increased and law enforcement decreased while abolishing mandatory minimum sentences. "
    -System of a Down

And others.

Hi guys! Thanks for the support! I'm going to be doing a more personal AMA with /r/R3VOLUTION later this week about what my big plans for the campaign are and where I'll need help. Probably Friday. Please friend me on Facebook and keep in touch. I'll answer any questions you guys have on here as well. I really appreciate the support and proud to be able to stand for liberty!
    Last edited by PatrickKelly; 03-28-2012 at 12:09 AM.

Patrick- I just liked your page. I think it's great that people our age are starting to get involved with process and applaud you for getting in the race.

What is the state of the primary at this moment?

Best of luck!
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.