So our garden this year iso really coming together. We are planting more stuff than we ever have. In addition to some fruit trees we have 20 tomato plants going in (various types), watermelons, cantaloupes, honeydew melons, broccoli, pole limas, cauliflower, carrots, various types of onions, beets, asparagus, peas, green beans, lettuce, blueberries, raspberries and tons of other stuff that we have decided to try. In addition we were just offered 7 free hens. I have never kept hens and would like some advice and knowledge from those who have and do. I am looking into coop designs and what I am finding are real elaborate designs that seem really overkill in both design and expense. Does anyone have a blueprint for something cheap, effective and simple? Also, how much feed would I be looking at to feed 7 each day and how many eggs on average would this amount of hens produce? Thanks for any advoce and if any of you find yourselves in Eastern Maryland this summer be sure to let me know as we will have more than we can possibly eat and can and would love to send some fellow liberty lovers home with some organic food and maybe even some seeds.