View Poll Results: Pick the name of the April Moneybomb

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stop the Spending

10 7.63%
  • Something's Happening Here.. (civil liberties)

13 9.92%
  • Taxed Enough Already

30 22.90%
  • End the IRS

15 11.45%
  • Support Them Now (troops)

1 0.76%
  • Bring Them Home

19 14.50%
  • In It To Win It

43 32.82%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vote for name/theme for April Moneybomb (April 15, 2012)

Vote for name/theme for April Moneybomb (April 15, 2012)

I was asked to post these names thrown out in another thread.

post ideas below
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-26-2012 at 02:50 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks, SA. This is what we need.

Please take note of when the poll closes.

We will immediately begin the graphic and website (hopefully) creation tomorrow afternoon or evening after this poll closes.
    Last edited by Okie RP fan; 03-27-2012 at 03:49 PM.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Operation American Freedom
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

My grandfather was in Nam, I wear his dog tags everyday in his memory.

BRING THE TROOPS HOME! Lives that are being lost more important then anything else on the list. Just my thought.

how about something to the effect of, Were not going anywhere, not stopping, not quitting, not backing down, not packing it in...

How about in it to win it?

How about a match the troops pledge, contest between the grassroots and the troops/veterans to see who can give more?
    (contests might push the numbers up a little)

just saying, a little more open ended and a little more approachable for the common person. A support our troops would play well with the conservative mainstream. "If we support or troops and love our troops, let's listen to the troops!"

I am just throwing these out off the top of my head here. I do really feel like the theme needs to be more approachable for the common man and not the libertarian elite. Lets make our little club feel warm and cozy for them too, you know grow our movement. We need to appeal to a wider base than just us here I guess is what I am getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by RPES1 View Post
    Stop the fraud....
    I think something a long the fraud line would actually motivate people to participate more... We need to think of a catchy phrase/theme...
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

http://www.dailypaul.com/223283/apri...support-chipin

[chipin]a6862411ea0d4df2[/chipin]

Ron Paul Supporters,

I noticed the last money bomb didn't really have a website, the creative drive, focused development, promotion and marketing support that it should have had. With regard to the creation of the April money bomb site, graphics, promotion, etc., the project should be elevated above a simple “volunteer assignment” in order to be truly effective. I know normally we would want people to volunteer for web development duty, but this might not be the best way to get the the results we need in terms of fund raising during the next money bomb date. Perhaps a new approach is necessary, and this project should be conceived in the same light as a professionally made promotional event as we've done in the past with our more efficient money bombs, and can grow from lessons learned to make the next one as successful as it can be. To that end, I thought would run this by you guys so that at least the idea would be on the table.

Both my friend Dave (graphic designer) and I (programmer) would like to work on the next money bomb as we did building out the site and marketing/advertising graphics as well as doing promotion and communications for www.NoOneButPaul.com back in February. In order to do this right we would need to be able to focus on the new site for April for the next few weeks working on it full-time. Below is a quick description for the project and a link to the associated chipin. Indeed, a chipin or other similar fundraising initiative must happen in order to cover of all the costs involved such as paying for email distribution to 10k+ subscribers from all the previous money bombs, advertising and promotion fees, hosting as well as misc expenses and be able to cover us for the next few weeks while we work on the site.
    http://orenbus.chipin.com/moneybomb-web-dev

(chipin summary)
    Hello Ron Paul Revolutionaries, I'm a programmer by trade and work with a great designer and we both have experience in the web development industry. We are both eager to work on the next money bomb website, graphics and applications come April, however in order to do this we would need to clear our schedules and be able to work on the site full-time for the next couple of weeks. In order to be done correctly we would have to invest quite a lot of time and resources, including what could amount to 100+ hours of work by each of us. Our intention is to create a polished, professional site, graphics and applications from the ground up. Although personal funds were expended for the NOBP Money Bomb that reached over $2 Million in Feb. a more concerted and professional approach with regard to funding is necessary. A realistic budget must be created that would cover the various costs. Some of the things that must be incorporated into this budget include mailing list distribution costs for 10K+ email addresses of Ron Paul supporters, as well as web hosting, and promotion of the MB. Manpower expenditures must be considered as well, because our own bills must be tended to during the few weeks of the site’s development even as we put our concerted, full-time effort to creating site that’s professional and effective. We believe that anything less than a full-time concerted effort would result in a marketing work, graphics, applications and a site that is haphazard, difficult to navigate, and – functionally speaking – unable to meet the demands of a site in which moneys are totaled, traffic is tallied, and buzz is generated to direct to the official site during the money bomb date.

We need your help in order to allow us to do this critical work by contributing what you can. We are ready to move on the money bomb promotion work, graphics, site, marketing, etc. and to do all the promotion work that would go with it to make sure that supporters across the country know where to go when the time comes. To that end, we plan to build viral applications that would draw supporters to a the site that will be easy to remember, just as we had done with No One But Paul, but this time, we will bring all the tools we can to the table to make sure that the new money bomb will generate more traffic and therefore more fund raising for the official campaign when the time comes. If this start up money can be raised in the next few days we can get started right away. Keep in mind that we are also open to suggestions for effective applications that would augment standard money bomb sites, even those that were used on Black This Out, Tea Party 11, No One But Paul, etc. Money Bombs.

Here is a link to NoOneButPaul.com as sample of the kind of site we can put together for the next money bomb.
    http://www.noonebutpaul.com/

Chipin so that we can work on the April Money Bomb:

Thanks
    Last edited by orenbus; 03-28-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Personal Freedom = Ron Paul

//
    Last edited by Thor; 03-26-2012 at 07:39 PM.
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Dont tread on me
    "Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul with a heart, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul"

Bring Them Home -- Might be able to link this to the Veteran March on RNC with Adam Kokesh

It's really down to three for me (although the last is my least favorite of the three):

"Taxed Enough Already"
    "Something's Happening Here"

"Bring Them Home"

"Stop the Spending" and "End the IRS" could play just as effectively into "Taxed Enough Already."

We've already had "Support Them Now" (and it wasn't even a favorite on here). And I think since we've already had a military themed MB, we should branch out a little bit and take a different direction.

Whatever it is going to be we're going to need to do it fast so we can get into the marketing stages. I would like to chipin to Orenbus to make a site and market -- I get paid on Friday and I am there for you man, sorry if you seem ignored in this

American Rebirth-Liberty Spring

Quote Originally Posted by DonovanJames View Post
    Whatever it is going to be we're going to need to do it fast so we can get into the marketing stages. I would like to chipin to Orenbus to make a site and market -- I get paid on Friday and I am there for you man, sorry if you seem ignored in this
    This poll closes on Wednesday. There is a reason for that, and that is because we have little time to argue. Basically, whatever the poll says by Wednesday, is what we are going with and we are going to promote the snot out of it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BTO was great because it fired us up. We need something like that. Don't have much to add but IMO these themes for some reason or another matter as much as the marketing.

The meaning of this POLL thread is being derailed -- Gotta decide with what we have and market the $#@! out of it. Many people didn't even know that Give Me Liberty was going on.

Can't let that happen again -- We're in for a gauntlet of primaries on April 24th and Ron Paul Campaign is going to need this bad. Message is great but its not what is the most important aspect of this is. Pick one and lets gogogo! Won't get anywhere if people keep throwing their names into the hat -- Everyone loves their own idea but we don't have time

Yep, it's too late for other ideas at this point. Pick from the list and let's move along.

It's a good thing we have a date set.

The meaning of this POLL thread is being derailed -- Gotta decide with what we have and market the $#@! out of it. Many people didn't even know that Give Me Liberty was going on.

Can't let that happen again -- We're in for a gauntlet of primaries on April 24th and Ron Paul Campaign is going to need this bad. Message is great but its not what is the most important aspect of this is. Pick one and lets gogogo! Won't get anywhere if people keep throwing their names into the hat -- Everyone loves their own idea but we don't have time
    In other words vote for one of the above a quit adding new ones? Done, voted.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 03-26-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    In other words vote for one of the above a quit adding new ones?
    Yes please -- Going to try and link this thread to Facebook groups and meetup to get some more votes and hopefully get more people excited in helping

Wish you would have added "Restore American Now." It was used as a chant at Southeastern Louisiana University when Ron spoke to a crowd of 1,100 people over the weekend and was very effective. But I know you gotta pick one and go.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Thanks man, appreciate it, yea Dave and I are willing to go whole hog on this and not sleep basically lol for the next couple of weeks to get this done, but we need support to do what we did for NoOneButPaul in terms of site, graphics, promotion, marketing, etc. and also be able to work on some of the things we didn't get around to last time like facebook apps, embedable-redistributable ticker (since it seems the official campaign has no interest in making one), possibly a twitter viral app, etc. but this all depends on getting support for the chipin and assuming everyone is on board with whatever theme is agreed upon by winning the poll so we can do this the right way and early on in the process, as opposed to waiting till the last second or having competing themes, etc.

If Dave and I and a couple of our friends are going to do this we need help to cover the fees and costs that go along with the support structure we'll need as well as help us to put in the hundreds of man hours that will be needed to do this right.

Chipin so that we can work on the April Money Bomb web, graphic, and marketing:
    Last edited by orenbus; 03-26-2012 at 08:31 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

"In It To Win It"
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post
    "In It To Win It"
    This.... simple yet effective... and gives out the message that we aren't dropping out.

How about,

End The Fed - no need to pay interest on printed money

Support Them Now/Bring Them Home was already done on 11/11/11 and it was the worst performing money bomb of the year. Why would it be listed here again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinelrv View Post
    Support Them Now/Bring Them Home was already done on 11/11/11 and it was the worst performing money bomb of the year. Why would it be listed here again?
    because I was asked to list it. Vote for something else.

I do like 'in it to win it', actually.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I added "In it to win it"

The Great Flood. Time to throw out the baby and start over with some fresh bath water.
    Last edited by Carson; 03-26-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast