Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is an impeachable offense?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder if Operation Fast & Furious would have qualified under Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Liberty90 View Post
    Absolutely. For that matter any one of a huge number of violations of his oath of office qualified.

More than likely every one of our 45 presidents so far committed multiple impeachable offenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    More than likely every one of our 45 presidents so far committed multiple impeachable offenses.
    Now this is a VERY realistic perception of truth man. Unfortunately in reality it is what it is and never going to change. This is what we have to work with... nothing less... nothing more.

Amash didn't think so.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Clinton was convicted for lying about an affair. That is why Trump would refuse to testify before Congress- he constantly contradicts himself (is that lying?)
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 05-20-2019 at 03:58 PM.

I am not sure you could tie that directly back to the president but as far as I am concerned every higher up in the chain of command involved of that should have been fired immediately .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Clinton was convicted for lying about an affair. That is why Trump would refuse to testify before Congress- he constantly contradicts himself (is that lying?)
    Lying under oath.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    i'd hate to think the GOP is inside a situational ethics that has a very partisan sliding scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Lying under oath.
    Trump just has other people to do that for him.

Trump just has other people to do that for him.
    I have no evidence, but in my heart, I can feel that that is correct.

I forgot if it was someone from here or youtube or what, but they put it best: "People act like Trump broke into the white house and declared himself president."
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    I have no evidence, but in my heart, I can feel that that is correct.
    "Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani.

"Truth isn't truth"- Rudy Giuliani.
    "Orange man bad." - Zippybot

Hard to say...

I know what isn't:

"I don't like that $#@!ing guy".
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

loveshiscountry

He's evolving

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not being liberal, being anti- slavery, anti-slave labor of china, anti slave labor of illegal immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by Superfluous Man View Post
    Absolutely. For that matter any one of a huge number of violations of his oath of office qualified.

Lincoln,Woodrow Wilson,FDR,Truman,LBJ,Nixon,George H W Bush,Bill Clinton,George W Bush & Barack Obama should have been impeached for sure.

Starting unconstitutional/illegal wars without getting the consent of Congress.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    Lincoln,Woodrow Wilson,FDR,Truman,LBJ,Nixon,George H W Bush,Bill Clinton,George W Bush & Barack Obama should have been impeached for sure.
    Everybody listed here definitely committed the most impeachable offenses of all presidents.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

As a practical matter, an impeachable offense is whatever the Congress says it is.

...just as, as a practical matter, what is Constitutional is whatever the SCOTUS says it is.

Is posting a dick pic an impeachable offense?

Calvin Coolidge

High crimes and misdemeanors are the contexts of impeachment in English history, however, it is still an undefined and indefinite phrase.

Whatever the person making the decision thinks it is.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The threshold question for any court is whether or not they have jurisdiction over the defendant. In this instance, Trump is a private citizen. Therefore, the Senate has no jurisdiction to even conduct a trial on the Articles of Impeachment against Trump. That's why even John Roberts (he is no longer worthy of being addressed by his title) does not wish to preside over the Senate's trial.

It depends on which set of books they use. We all know they use different sets of rules for THEM and for US.

The REAL target is US. To get to US, they will do everything in their power to discredit EVERYTHING about Trump because it puts them in a position of power to exert their will with FORCE on ALL of us. Legal? Of course, because they write the laws that they are not beheld to.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Our central bank is not privately owned.

Is Biden saying he has no idea what he's signing an impeachable offense?

Calvin Coolidge

"the election was stolen" <- impeachable offense

"go home" <- impeachable offense
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Urging Pence to subvert the electoral college by rejecting certified electors (a power Pence did not possess under the law) = an impeachable offense
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    Urging Pence to subvert the electoral college by rejecting certified electors (a power Pence did not possess under the law) = an impeachable offense
    Sure but that's not what they're impeaching him for, because none of them in that building even know what the Constitution even says. (besides 2-3 limited exceptions)
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast