Thread: Buying this dip?

Buying this dip?

Anyone buying this dip in gold and silver? I really cant understand the investment community.

National debt keeps going up in US, EU, JAPAN - check
    Big deficits in US - check
    Inflation running well above central banks target - check
    Negative real interest in US and EU - check
    Banking system still insolvent - check
    Nothing has been fixed in EU - check
    Japan on the verge of debt implosion - check
    Oil well above 100 $ - check
    Geopolitical tensions - check

I mean you can go on and on... and sales of gold eagles and silver eagles are like 20 % less then in the same 3 months period in 2011. Wtf are people thinking? Do people really believe the bs that is coming out from CNBC that the economy is improving or what?

I even sold my apartment last month and bought physical gold for all the money i got from the sale. Is it just my paranoia about the possible systemic collapse or is the herd completely complacent about all the dangers that lie ahead?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    With dollar cost averaging, you can buy bigger on the dips and less on the peaks. Once you grok the currency/debt situation, you realize that precious metals and hard assets are best for wealth preservation, but not everyone is paying attention (or psychologically able to accept the reality that is unpalatable).

Arklatex

You can buy really unbeatable fishing lures for $8. Solid bet. Chickens going for $2 produce many eggs for generations.

Have a little more money, I say you made a wise choice on the Gold and I would be buying the dips on the physical. I'm hesitate on equities.

Went in big in December. Looked like the right move in January before things started getting so volatile. If only I had more monopoly money left to take advantage of this extended reprieve...

Quote Originally Posted by Guzabuza View Post
    Anyone buying this dip in gold and silver? I really cant understand the investment community.
    Have no worries, the investment community is utterly confused and in tatters. Nothing they see makes sense, they cannot make head nor tails of the situation.

The distortion of the marketplace due to massive manipulation has scrambled all the market signals - its like someone rewired the stop/go lights at an intersection, they are all flashing go at the same time in all directions - thus, there is utter chaos in the street.

. Is it just my paranoia about the possible systemic collapse or is the herd completely complacent about all the dangers that lie ahead?
    Yes, and you are probably correct in being so.
    Yes, they are complacent as they do not know what to do.

At least you have a plan.
    Even if the scenario you have planned for does not come true, you will break even.
    If it does, you will be way ahead.

That is the power of a plan.
    Last edited by Black Flag; 03-28-2012 at 12:18 PM.

I would be if I had any cash to spend on it

But ya'll buy some for yourselves and I'll vicariously enjoy it
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

I too went in late last year and also got some stuff in 2012. Haven't the cash to spend but if prices were to dip a lot more, I'd probably go in.

Buying here, buying there. My stash will always grow.
    Ron Paul - America, you WILL regret not voting for him!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

I'm waiting for <$1599 gold before I buy. I already have a comfortable amount of physical at the moment. I'm also planning on buying a house soon. That 20% down payment is a bitch to get.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    With dollar cost averaging, you can buy bigger on the dips and less on the peaks.
    There you go. Might be a good time for a dollar cost averaging purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by kuckfeynes View Post
    Went in big in December. Looked like the right move in January before things started getting so volatile.
    Yeah, that $27/oz silver was hard to pass up.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Ok check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwJ5G8FYoH8

This guy James Paulsen has probably several billions $ under management. The "confidence" he is talking about is like a magical 4 dimensional power that will suddenly infuse all investor and consumers with vigor and that itself will start a self sustained recovery (remember green shoots?). Somehow this "confidence" will make 15,6 trillions $ of debt and 1,2 trillion $ annual deficit magically disappear.

So there are two options. 1. Either he is full of bull$#@! and is promoting stocks or 2. He really is smoking some really nice ganja

Since i am not naive, i believe most of these morons have a product to sell, and that is stocks. Going bullish on gold means going negative on stocks. Here is the thing i don't get. There are hundreds, thousands of eCONonomist/investors like him that spew this same nonsense in the media. Are all of them morally corrupt??? Option number 1 no longer seems the logical pick. Looking at US mint sales of gold eagles for the first 3 months of 2012 compared to 2011 the sales are down some 30 %. Which means that allllooooot of people are smoking some reallllyy strong ganja.....

buy an dip you can.
    What I say is for entertainment purposes only!

Mark 10:45 The Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life as a ransom for many.

"If you want to make a lot of money, resist diversification." - Jim Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Guzabuza View Post

National debt keeps going up in US, EU, JAPAN - check
    Big deficits in US - check
    Inflation running well above central banks target - check
    Negative real interest in US and EU - check
    Banking system still insolvent - check
    Nothing has been fixed in EU - check
    Japan on the verge of debt implosion - check
    Oil well above 100 $ - check
    Geopolitical tensions - check

I mean you can go on and on... and sales of gold eagles and silver eagles are like 20 % less then in the same 3 months period in 2011. Wtf are people thinking? Do people really believe the bs that is coming out from CNBC that the economy is improving or what?

I even sold my apartment last month and bought physical gold for all the money i got from the sale. Is it just my paranoia about the possible systemic collapse or is the herd completely complacent about all the dangers that lie ahead?
    People are using money on guns and ammo instead of gold and silver now.

Don't get me wrong, gold and silver are great and I own some. But when the SHTF it will be useless in the beginning. Everyone needs to have a plan to survive social disorder, disruptions in the food supply, disruptions in electricity and gas. Everyone needs protection aswell. I think after a few months and all that settles down, that is when your hoarding of PM's will be useful.
    Last edited by xFiFtyOnE; 03-29-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    Click here for a free copper round. Every three people you get signed up, you get another free round! NO PURCHASE NECESSARY!

Quote Originally Posted by xFiFtyOnE View Post
    People are using money on guns and ammo instead of gold and silver now.

Don't get me wrong, gold and silver are great and I own some. But when the SHTF it will be useless in the beginning. Everyone needs to have a plan to suvive social disorder, disruptions in the in the food supply, disruptions in electricity and gas. Everyone needs protection aswell. I think after a few months and all that settles down, that is when your hoarding of PM's will be useful.
    Homerun!

Buy now what you would think you would buy with the gold you would have spent in some future disaster, then store it.

If you wait to buy that stuff with your gold during a disaster, you pay through the nose - if it is even possible to buy it then.

Buy it now, while the price is discounted (compared to the disaster price) and while there is inventory.

Only after that, consider the gold/silver buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Arklatex View Post
    You can buy really unbeatable fishing lures for $8. Solid bet. Chickens going for $2 produce many eggs for generations.

Have a little more money, I say you made a wise choice on the Gold and I would be buying the dips on the physical. I'm hesitate on equities.
    Only get physical metal.
    I am the spoon.