Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Washington Post 2016 Presidential Bracket - Vote for Rand

Washington Post 2016 Presidential Bracket - Vote for Rand

Rand is getting slaughtered by Rubio in round 1

h xxp://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/welcome-to-the-sweet-2016/2012/03/19/gIQAhd8bNS_blog.html
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-20-2012 at 11:18 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    voted ... way behind ~ help needed
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

voted. we are behind. first upset. we are ranked 8th against Rubio #1

Voted and shared on my facebook.

The talk radio mafia (credit to TruckinMike) has been systemically pumping up Rubio to overshadow the bonafides of Rand on a regular basis. To me, Rubio is just a copycat of the Santorum ilk - weak on spending and bat$#@! overseas. Since they pinned our guy against him in round one, let's slap him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Rubio 82%
    Rand 18%

ouch!
    Might as well get used to that. All I ever hear about from neocon circles is Rubio Rubio Rubio.

The funny thing is, I never heard of him actually doing anything thus far in Congress to merit any sort of acknowledgement. He's just a guy with some sort of magical name recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Schiff_FTW

WAPO is largely irrelevant and will be even more-so by 2016. We need to start ignoring / boycotting the fascist-corporate media. Let them run their stupid polls; there is no need for Paul supporters to give them credence by participating in them.

After all, how can we reasonably expect others to break free from the establishment propaganda mill if we're not even willing to do it ourselves?

first of all, why is rand an 8 seed?
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by No Free Beer View Post
    first of all, why is rand an 8 seed?
    Because it will piss of RP supporters and get more of them to visit their site, which increases their traffic, which makes them more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Schiff_FTW View Post
    WAPO is largely irrelevant and will be even more-so by 2016. We need to start ignoring / boycotting the fascist-corporate media. Let them run their stupid polls; there is no need for Paul supporters to give them credence by participating in them.

After all, how can we reasonably expect others to break free from the establishment propaganda mill if we're not even willing to do it ourselves?
    The March Madness poll that NPR ran last time was quite good for us. We exposed shenanigans by Romney-bots and earned the respect of the writer/readers...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

80% / 20% now...at least we're swinging it back a little.

Because it will piss of RP supporters and get more of them to visit their site, which increases their traffic, which makes them more money.
    Here, Here.

Washington Post is just plain awful. After many awful instances of partial reporting (the pot smoker latest), I will pay them no attention in my life from here on out by not purchasing their rag, by not clicking on their articles, and by not participating in their silly polls. Matter of fact, the only attention they might get is a gesture out of my car window when I pass their place of business in East DC.

Schiff_FTW

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    The March Madness poll that NPR ran last time was quite good for us. We exposed shenanigans by Romney-bots and earned the respect of the writer/readers...
    My larger point is that libertarians and other disenfranchised people need to start promoting alternative media much more effectively than we have been. We will never win as long as we allow them to control the platform; we'll always be on the defensive. I'm just concerned that by continuing to patronize the MSM we are blowing a major opportunity afforded by the telecommunications revolution.

How do I vote, can't find it...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by giovannile07 View Post
    How do I vote, can't find it...
    It's right under the bracket. You might have to wait for it to load.

Quote Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
    It's right under the bracket. You might have to wait for it to load.
    Alright, thanks I got it! It wasn't working beforehand for some reason.

Rand doesn't need hype going into 2016 if hes going to run. He needs to pull a Perry and step in late and pick up all the spotlight, the difference is hes smart and will be able to hold the momentum.
    Karen Kwiatkowski
    Thomas Massie
    Kurt Bills
    Art Robinson
    Patrick Kelly
    John Dennis
    Rick Williams
    Richard Mack
    Justin Amash (reelection)

ROUND 1: Who is more likely to be the Republican nominee in 2016?
    Marco Rubio (Fla.)
    77%
    Sen. Rand Paul (Ky.)
    You voted for this
    23%
    Next Question

absolutely unacceptable. Not just because of my pro-Rand bias, either
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Forget all of these choices, I want Ron to run again! What if Ron won this election and we wanted him for a second term, would his age matter then? I don't care if he is 80 by then -- as I said before I will vote for Ron if he's 100 and has Alzheimer's. Still a better choice than what's given to us -- sorry Rand, I respect you and love that you are a key player in this campaign for liberty, but you got a long way to go before you can get anywhere close to your dad.
    Last edited by revned; 03-20-2012 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Might as well get used to that. All I ever hear about from neocon circles is Rubio Rubio Rubio.

The funny thing is, I never heard of him actually doing anything thus far in Congress to merit any sort of acknowledgement. He's just a guy with some sort of magical name recognition.
    He's "marketable"...that's all anyone knows, or needs to know, about Marco Rubio. Hell, if we're getting to the point where we elect male models as President, how about Fabio 2016?
    "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system's game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight, because once they've got you violent then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don't know how to handle is non-violence and humor. "

---John Lennon

"I EAT NEOCONS FOR BREAKFAST!!!"

---Me

Rubio is tainted over that whole lying about when his parents came over thing.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Someone (a longtime political op) just pointed out to me that Rubio has "birther" issues - LOL

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/1...-eligible.html

I'm gonna have to get more popcorn for this one
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Voted - it's now 75/25. That's a ten point swing since we started, but it's still ugly.
    Join the Free State Project - www.freestateproject.org

Now that Rand is out - Gary Johnson 2016!

There was also a Huffington Post article saying that Rubio had financial issues as well; I think his house or one of his houses was in foreclosure.

Schiff_FTW

Is there any chance Brian Schweitzer is actually going to run for the Democratic nomination? He is one of the very few figures in that party who is tolerable (no wonder he is losing as bad as Rand).

Quote Originally Posted by Schiff_FTW View Post
    Is there any chance Brian Schweitzer is actually going to run for the Democratic nomination? He is one of the very few figures in that party who is tolerable (no wonder he is losing as bad as Rand).
    Who?

(That results in bad polling).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast