Thread: The argument that ObamaCare is a valid exercise of Federal Commerce Power is preposterous

The argument that ObamaCare is a valid exercise of Federal Commerce Power is preposterous

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    As if it were not already common sense, those are excellent points. For when reality serves as a triviality of suppositions who is there left that truly benefits?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Is it possible to get a little more of a synopsis besides the titles of your threads with the related link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglass Bartley View Post
    Guess not what?
    Isn't it obvious?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I'm afraid that I can't meet your expectations. It's hard enough to write the articles without having to worry about reformatting or someone getting upset that there's no summary. I suggest that if it's so difficult to click on my links, don't do it. Both of us will be happier.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglass Bartley View Post
    I'm afraid that I can't meet your expectations. It's hard enough to write the articles without having to worry about reformatting or someone getting upset that there's no summary. I suggest that if it's so difficult to click on my links, don't do it. Both of us will be happier.
    Maybe you shouldn't spam your blog here. I blog too, but only post links when the topic is relevant to a discussion.

I am sorry you think it spam, especially since the spam is Jefferson, Madison, and other founders. To that extent, you libel them. To me spam is what is posted by people with grotesque pictures and anonymity.
    Last edited by Douglass Bartley; 04-11-2012 at 06:04 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't listen to them, Douglass. Go ahead and keep posting.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Oh yea, abso-fruitly...

I blog at Red State Eclectic, I totally tweet here, I sell stuff here, and also here. Liberty rocks!
    I don't see that he is “spamming” his blog; he is appropriately posting links to his (largely fascinating) articles, etc., which are vastly appropriate to this U.S. Constitution thread.

Try putting yourself in Ron Paul’s shoes, if he were here would he bother to raise objection to such posts or would he instead dialog and debate the content?
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Don't listen to them, Douglass. Go ahead and keep posting.
    "Them?"

I was giving some friendly advice that may increase the readership. But obviously by his response, he doesn't care.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    "Them?"

I was giving some friendly advice that may increase the readership. But obviously by his response, he doesn't care.
    Interesting point. I am pretty sure most people think it is polite to post a quote from or some information about a link when creating a thread for the link on a forum such as RonPaulForums. Perhaps Douglass Bartley doesn't know about or agree with such etiquette.

I thought you used better tact in the Common Error is Never Law, Even When Repeated Many Times thread.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Actually, it is called a "title", every post has one; they usually seem to sum up the included information quite nicely.

Seriously, what is with all these people posting about this, and only about this? So what then, nothing better to contribute perhaps? Is it jealousy or what? Otherwise, can we remove this dead-horse already? Either willfully choose to click and read what has been written, or not; simple enough, no?

A GOVERNMENT OF LAWS, AND NOT OF MEN. ~ JOHN ADAMS

I suppose the wording of the commerce clause was the Framers' biggest mistake. I read and interpret it as being more about facilitation than prohibition or forced commerce. The fact that so many so-called "Constitutional scholars” advocate creating something that doesn't exist is beyond troubling.

The Constitution is not that hard to understand; it was written that way in order to "sell" it to the People. You only need an "expert" if you are looking for a way to traverse its limitations.

Lady Justice is supposed to be blind—not blindly emotional.

T Kosciuszko

The true test of civilization is, not the census, nor the size of the cities, nor the crops - no, but the kind of man the country turns out. ~ Mr. Emerson
    Human freedom is Imagination's most precious possession.

Great point to consider.

And cool quote, but might it be better stated as: Lady Justice is supposed to be blindly substantive—not blindly emotional?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Indeed, blindly substantive, in consideration of substantive laws, objectively substantiated by the Constitution.

T Kosciuszko
    Human freedom is Imagination's most precious possession.