Thread: Just got back from the Wake County, NC County Convention...(03/22/12)

Just got back from the Wake County, NC County Convention...(03/22/12)

Herman Cain did a speech which fired up every neocon Christian Taliban in the room. He opened the speech with a line similar to what the RWNJ Pastor Dennis E. Terry, Sr. said - "we are a Judeo-Christian nation based on the faith of our Founding Fathers." This was the first standing ovation - every establishment hack jumped to their feet and started applauding. Then he went on about how religious our Founding Fathers were (yeah, WTF? I bet no one in the room have heard of the Jefferson Bible.)..Before that, when Cain was introduced by the county chair Susan Bryant and as she was reading his credentials, when she said "Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve", I heard boos from 2 places. The guy behind me was one - wearing a Ron Paul button (we met later). And then the usual Cain nonsense reminiscent of his campaign trail days (we need to take our country back, we can fix America etc.). Then Cain went on a spiel about how he rose to the status of whites although he was black (he didn't use the exact words, but he was surely appealing to the "white guilt" in the audience.). I'm glad his speech was over when it was over.

There was a straw poll conducted.

Santorum - 205
    Romney - 203
    Gingrich - 82
    Paul - 51

This is neocon Bible belt, guys, sorry...

Few of us, including Glen Bradley, his mother & and the guy who booed earlier, went to a nearby bar & grill afterwards and yapped about Paul and liberty and silver and raw milk etc., so that was good.

Next up is the Congressional District convention. Before that is the Ron Paul Rally on 03/24.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by DerailingDaTrain View Post
    ^What RP rally on 3/24?
    http://raleighrallyforronpaul.com/

Oh, the pain that must be endured to get credentialed sometimes, LOL

And BTW, Rick Santorum's and Romney's folks had tables at the convention and were passing around stickers and fliers, and also spoke along with the local candidates up for office. There was no presence for Paul or Gingrich. I believe that may have contributed to Santorum and Romney coming out on top in the straw poll.

sounds like the gop is going to elect obama to me!
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

"Few of us, including Glen Bradley, his mother & and the guy who booed earlier, went to a nearby bar & grill afterwards and yapped about Paul and liberty and silver and raw milk etc., so that was good.

Next up is the Congressional District convention. Before that is the Ron Paul Rally on 03/24."

This was the best part of the evening. Glen and I had not eaten all day and to be in such great company was great. Ron Paulers are such wonderful people. Wish we could meet more often.

Freedom Mom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Feh. That's a tough crowd for Glen. But I've seen similar dynamics in intra-party elections among the officers. Let's hope the party base is more receptive during the primary.

Interesting to see Fern Shubert just a whisker away from Goldman, in Goldman's back yard. Goldman is more telegenic but hopefully people are giving Fern the edge for experience and her fights against Jim Black.
    Last edited by MozoVote; 03-25-2012 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacque View Post
    Hero
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

https://twitter.com/#!/JustinFrom1776

Quote Originally Posted by MozoVote View Post
    Feh. That's a tough crowd for Glen. But I've seen similar dynamics in intra-party elections among the officers. Let's hope the party base is more receptive during the primary.

Interesting to see Fern Shubert just a whisker away from Goldman, in Goldman's back yard. Goldman is more telegenic but hopefully people are giving Fern the edge for experience and her fights against Jim Black.
    I am actually surprised by Goldman's win. I was part of the team who counted the ballots, and in the ones I counted Shubert was winning by miles. It was pretty easy to fudge results if someone wanted to.

MozoVote and other folks from NC, do you see liberty/constitution minded candidates in the list?

Those I already know are

Ron Paul (President of United States)
    - of course

Fern Shubert (NC Auditor)
    - she was recommended by Paul supporter Mark Hopp (running for Alamance County Commissioner) at the Raleigh Rally for Ron Paul event.

Michael Beitler (Secretary of State)
    - Paul supporter and spoke at the Raleigh Rally for Ron Paul.

Glen Bradley (NC Senate 18)
    - of course

Quote Originally Posted by lib3rtarian View Post
    MozoVote and other folks from NC, do you see liberty/constitution minded candidates in the list?
    Dan Eichenbaum was the choice of Ron Paul-ers over here in NC-11, but since he dropped out, we have yet to unify under a single candidate. However, I, and many other Paul-ers, have flocked to Mark Meadows. Mark put out a press release earlier this year, and was the only candidate to do so, which admonished the TSA for detaining Rand Paul. He was also one of only two candidates, including Eichenbaum, to publicly detest the Federal Reserve. I don't know how well he stands on Foreign Relations, he probably takes a typical neo-con approach, but he differs from the others in that he doesn't bring it up.

Mark Meadows: http://www.meadowsforcongress.com/

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    From what I have heard, you could safely add Paul Wright for Governor to the list of Liberty-approved candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    From what I have heard, you could safely add Paul Wright for Governor to the list of Liberty-approved candidates.
    ^^ This.

Also Jordan Greene for NC House District 87.

DAMN. I wished I would have known about this.

"Few of us, including Glen Bradley, his mother & and the guy who booed earlier, went to a nearby bar & grill afterwards and yapped about Paul and liberty and silver and raw milk etc., so that was good.

Next up is the Congressional District convention. Before that is the Ron Paul Rally on 03/24."

This was the best part of the evening. Glen and I had not eaten all day and to be in such great company was great. Ron Paulers are such wonderful people. Wish we could meet more often.

Freedom Mom
    My mom lives in Henderson!!! She is going to vote for Ron Paul as I instructed her to.....but she understands why!

Wish I would have known about this as I would have showed up!

Quote Originally Posted by frodus24 View Post
    My mom lives in Henderson!!! She is going to vote for Ron Paul as I instructed her to.....but she understands why!

Wish I would have known about this as I would have showed up!
    Give your mother my email address and just tell her to put Ron Paul in the subject. I get so much email, that I miss opening up several.

jacquesplace@gmail.com

Thanks,
    Freedom Mom

Quote Originally Posted by aclove View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dntrpltt View Post
    ^^ This.

Also Jordan Greene for NC House District 87.
    Can you give me a rundown on why Paul Wright is a better candidate than Pat McCrory?

Can you give me a rundown on why Paul Wright is a better candidate than Pat McCrory?
    Well, for 1, Pat McCrory supports Agenda 21. He was the force behind Charlotte's move toward agenda 21.

Charlotte voters defeated by a 57-43 margin a referendum to build a new basketball arena. The existing arena was 13 years old at the time. McCrory led the charge to build the damn thing anyway.

McCrory also led the charge for other white elephant vanity projects like the SouthEnd Trolley (cost $40 million, shut down after < 2 years in operation), National Whitewater Center (defaulted on its debt), NASCAR Hall Of Fame (losing $130,000 a month) and light rail.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, for 1, Pat McCrory supports Agenda 21. He was the force behind Charlotte's move toward agenda 21.
    Quote Originally Posted by musicmax View Post
    Charlotte voters defeated by a 57-43 margin a referendum to build a new basketball arena. The existing arena was 13 years old at the time. McCrory led the charge to build the damn thing anyway.

McCrory also led the charge for other white elephant vanity projects like the SouthEnd Trolley (cost $40 million, shut down after < 2 years in operation), National Whitewater Center (defaulted on its debt), NASCAR Hall Of Fame (losing $130,000 a month) and light rail.
    Thanks guys. These are good reasons for noting for McCrory, agreed. But why Wright specifically? There are other candidates too in the race - Jim Harney, Scott A. Jones, Jim Mahan, & Charles Kenneth Moss. Where do they fall?

From what I can tell Paul Wright has more experience in government than all of the other candidates, and some may say that he even has more than McCrory. He is a Former Superior Court Judge and has prior experience running in a statewide campaign. ALSO, Paul Wright has a website that spells out all of his beliefs and I find it hard to find any information on any of the other candidates besides McCrory.

Herman Cain did a speech which fired up every neocon Christian Taliban in the room. He opened the speech with a line similar to what the RWNJ Pastor Dennis E. Terry, Sr. said - "we are a Judeo-Christian nation based on the faith of our Founding Fathers." This was the first standing ovation - every establishment hack jumped to their feet and started applauding. Then he went on about how religious our Founding Fathers were (yeah, WTF? I bet no one in the room have heard of the Jefferson Bible.)..Before that, when Cain was introduced by the county chair Susan Bryant and as she was reading his credentials, when she said "Chairman of the Kansas City Federal Reserve", I heard boos from 2 places. The guy behind me was one - wearing a Ron Paul button (we met later). And then the usual Cain nonsense reminiscent of his campaign trail days (we need to take our country back, we can fix America etc.). Then Cain went on a spiel about how he rose to the status of whites although he was black (he didn't use the exact words, but he was surely appealing to the "white guilt" in the audience.). I'm glad his speech was over when it was over.

There was a straw poll conducted.

Santorum - 205
    Romney - 203
    Gingrich - 82
    Paul - 51

This is neocon Bible belt, guys, sorry...

Few of us, including Glen Bradley, his mother & and the guy who booed earlier, went to a nearby bar & grill afterwards and yapped about Paul and liberty and silver and raw milk etc., so that was good.

Next up is the Congressional District convention. Before that is the Ron Paul Rally on 03/24.

wishes all 51 of you would move to colorado
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.