Thread: US military sniper Bales charged with murder in Afghan killings

US military sniper Bales charged with murder in Afghan killings

Afghans are demanding that the accused killer of 17 civilians including at least 9 children/women be handed over to them for a trial in jurisdiction where war crime occured but Obama apparently wants to try him in the US:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/militar...ngs/53712206/1

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No way , cannot be done , the precedent cannot be set . I understand and respect those feelings , and would feel same if I were them , Tell you what I would do though, If , he admits and or is proven guilty , clearly and undoubtably , and recieves less than a life sentence or the death penalty , I would send him there after for them.

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    No way , cannot be done , the precedent cannot be set . I understand and respect those feelings , and would feel same if I were them , Tell you what I would do though, If , he admits and or is proven guilty , clearly and undoubtably , and recieves less than a life sentence or the death penalty , I would send him there after for them.
    So sentence him here, then refer him to Afghani authority for punishment?

I do not think you could do that ...... without a bunch of agreements , that I do not expect they would agree to or honor.....

If anyone should be handed over to the Afghans Bush and Obama would be the first 2 most logical candidates. They both seem to have honored their pledges to the globalist law rather than their oath to the US constitution.

Hope he is removed from the face of this earth for taking so many innocent lives.

I agree with the Afghani's, the crime was committed against them, not against us. They should take him and punish him as they see fit. If you decide to take 17 lives you don't get the luxury of a nice American jail. Put him through an afghani court, let them sentence him as they wish, and have them carry out the sentence.

If the Chinese came to Texas and shot a bunch of Texans, do you really think he should be tried in China instead of Texas?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If any American took 17 American lives (mostly kids & women), it would be the biggest news story of 2012.

& to add to the disgustingness of this particular individual, he was involved w/ financial frauds BEFORE entering the military.

My apologizes to the bleeding hearts, but I can't wait until he is exstinguished from our planet.

-_-

He is just the scapegoat anyway. Like 20 soldiers were involved in the killings and they are just dropping the blame all on him. Of course they can't send him to the Afgans, they might make him tell the truth about what really happened.

New reports have claims from some Afghan eye witnesses that they saw more than one soldier. Guess facts will come out once investigation starts.

Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    New reports have claims from some Afghan eye witnesses that they saw more than one soldier. Guess facts will come out once investigation starts.
    Yeah , but there are shell casings , can those be determined by weapon ?

Quote Originally Posted by JacobSzumniak View Post
    He is just the scapegoat anyway. Like 20 soldiers were involved in the killings and they are just dropping the blame all on him. Of course they can't send him to the Afgans, they might make him tell the truth about what really happened.
    Twenty is alot , I doubt it , I guess if there was twenty , there would be more dead and both villages would have been torched ?

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    If anyone should be handed over to the Afghans Bush and Obama would be the first 2 most logical candidates. They both seem to have honored their pledges to the globalist law rather than their oath to the US constitution.
    Sorry, have to disagree with you here. Bush and Obama are our mess to clean up. $#@! the ICC and the UN, they need to both be tried by a civilian court for violating their oaths to the American people and the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan* View Post
    Sorry, have to disagree with you here. Bush and Obama are our mess to clean up. $#@! the ICC and the UN, they need to both be tried by a civilian court for violating their oaths to the American people and the Constitution.
    The only flaw in that argument is that those two also committed gross crimes against humanity abroad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror... Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not, then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies! I remember when I was with Special Forces... seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate some children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there, and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out; I didn't know what I wanted to do! And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it... I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought, my God... the genius of that! The genius! The will to do that! Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we, because they could stand that these were not monsters, these were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men, our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment! Because it's judgment that defeats us.

What do you call it when the assassins accuse the assassin? A lie. A lie and we have to be merciful.

$#@!... charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets in the Indy 500.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by azxd View Post
    $#@!... charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets in the Indy 500.
    That is quite a statement you made there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan* View Post
    Which US body can try US politicians for war crimes that occur in foreign countries and under which laws?

None that I am aware of

A bit odd that he's being charged with 17 murders but Afghans say only 16 happened.

[QUOTE=moderate libertarian;4310172]That is quite a statement you made there.

That statement ( I think ) is from a movie , based on a book , I suppose , Heart of Darkness . I also would surmise that in Laos in the 50's ( Yeah, we were there that early , using CIA recruited out of , and still listed in 82nd AIRBORNE or All Americans) and 60's , murder charges were no different than speeding tickets for a time .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    That is quite a statement you made there.

That statement ( I think ) is from a movie , based on a book , I suppose , Heart of Darkness . I also would surmise that in Laos in the 50's ( Yeah, we were there that early , using CIA recruited out of , and still listed in 82nd AIRBORNE or All Americans) and 60's , murder charges were no different than speeding tickets for a time .
    Apocalypse Now?

Quote Originally Posted by Stupified View Post
    Apocalypse Now?
    Yes