Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How bad is it for our plans if Romney receives 1,144 delegates?

How bad is it for our plans if Romney receives 1,144 delegates?

Article: Romney embraces delegate math again

Is there an alternate plan?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by roc_rob View Post
    Article: Romney embraces delegate math again

Is there an alternate plan?
    If Romney gets to 1144 we lose

End of story, he takes the nomination... Which is why I support strategic voting for sanatorum to stop mitt at all costs
    "Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul with a heart, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul"

That is essentially correct, as I see it, (that then Romney would win, not about voting for Santorum). At that point it would be more does Ron get plurality of 5 states so he can be nominated from the floor and speak (there is no 'deal' for a speaking slot necessary if he is nominated from the floor.)
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

See my sig for the real delegate count
    "Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul, Ron Paul with a heart, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Ron Paul"

That is the big thing, Romney saying 'I got that number' if he is counting winning, say NV and WA and ME might or might not be accurate since those delegates are unbound.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    That is essentially correct, as I see it, (that then Romney would win, not about voting for Santorum). At that point it would be more does Ron get plurality of 5 states so he can be nominated from the floor and speak (there is no 'deal' for a speaking slot necessary if he is nominated from the floor.)
    I think we have to be real with ourselves.... In states where ron is clearly in fourt, but first place is up in the air , we can do more good by stopping mItt from winning.

Quote Originally Posted by CTRattlesnake View Post

If Romney gets to 1144 we lose

End of story, he takes the nomination... Which is why I support strategic voting for sanatorum to stop mitt at all costs
    No. Absolutely not.

Voting for evil for "strategic reasons" is no better than voting for the "lesser of two evils", and it misses the point.

Every single vote is a referendum on where this country should be heading. Every vote for Ron Paul sends a pro-liberty message. Every vote for santorum sends a pro-tyranny, pro-spending, pro-war message.

Do not get sucked into their game. Never support evil, period. We do not need kniving people to try to manipulate the process. We need men and women of courage who will stand up for what is right, regardless of whether it's popular.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

I think we have to be real with ourselves.... In states where ron is clearly in fourt, but first place is up in the air , we can do more good by stopping mItt from winning.
    Ron was fourth in MO in the poll but wont be in delegates barring some odd twists yet to come. You have to be careful about deciding he is in fourth. In fourth WHERE? On the ground in the caucuses and conventions, if our guys would be squeezed out, they cut deals on the spot and I am sure all of the relevant factors are known to them.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you really asking how bad it is for our plans, if Romney wins? Lol

he still needs us.
    "I am, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand

It's over. And why I have advocated going Indy from the get go.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

It's game over at that point. Why else do you think the pressure is mounting on Santorum to get out? Why are they not calling on Gingrich or Paul to leave? Because they know that they need to acquire Santorum's delegates to end this. Like it or not, Santorum is the only thing preventing a pre-convention victory for Romney.

However that doesn't mean we should vote for him! By no means! We need to funnel 100% of our efforts into Paul's campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by tremendoustie View Post
    No. Absolutely not.

Voting for evil for "strategic reasons" is no better than voting for the "lesser of two evils", and it misses the point.

Every single vote is a referendum on where this country should be heading. Every vote for Ron Paul sends a pro-liberty message. Every vote for santorum sends a pro-tyranny, pro-spending, pro-war message.

Do not get sucked into their game. Never support evil, period. We do not need kniving people to try to manipulate the process. We need men and women of courage who will stand up for what is right, regardless of whether it's popular.
    Disagree strongly..... By strategically voting for Rick you are helping Paul more than actually voting for would.

Think about it... If mitt gets enough delegates it's over period, amen, goodnight. A strategic vote for sanatorum ends up helping the cause of liberty more than a vote for Paul does. No one is saying like what santorum stands for.... But sometimes it helps dr Paul
    More if you vote Rick

That is the big thing, Romney saying 'I got that number' if he is counting winning, say NV and WA and ME might or might not be accurate since those delegates are unbound.
    We are fighting a war of perception here... The media doesn't give a you know what about local conventions... They only care about who "won" the beauty contest

We just need to get delegates. Do NOT follow the vote for Santorum plan if you don't know whether your state is a caucus or porportional state. Make sure to become a delegate. And don't make it obvious your a Ron Paul supporter.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Votes don't choose delegates, conventions do.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can vote for Ron Paul to prevent Romney from getting enough votes.

Quote Originally Posted by gerryb View Post
    Votes don't choose delegates, conventions do.
    Sometimes votes choose delegates, as in Illinois winning a DISTRICT would have directly given Ron delegates, even if he were fourth in the state. And he is ignored more when his numbers are low. I think it is a dangerous strategy, and minimizes the importance of Ron's message. There may be a time or two I would think differently, but at the moment none occurs to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    We just need to get delegates. Do NOT follow the vote for Santorum plan if you don't know whether your state is a caucus or porportional state. Make sure to become a delegate. And don't make it obvious your a Ron Paul supporter.
    Agreed... Hence why I label it a "strategic" plan

Sometimes votes choose delegates, as in Illinois winning a DISTRICT would have directly given Ron delegates, even if he were fourth in the state. And he is ignored more when his numbers are low. I think it is a dangerous strategy, and minimizes the importance of Ron's message. There may be a time or two I would think differently, but at the moment none occurs to me.

Mississippi and Alabama were perfect
    For the strategic santorum plan... But most times its at
    A
    Local level

When Paul polls at the front of the pack against Obama---it would be a tragedy in my eyes for him not to run 3rd party.

I also don't think it is an honorable way to support our cause by covertly acting as delegates for any other candidate

Romney can not win. He needs Texas and CA. He is not getting either.

Quote Originally Posted by KMX View Post
    Romney can not win. He needs Texas and CA. He is not getting either.
    He will win a plurality if not a majority of California delegates

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually he didn't even need to win a district in IL - his supporters just needed to vote for his delegates. In districts where he got 11% of the vote, his delegates only received 2% of the vote... a major problem

He will win a plurality if not a majority of California delegates
    probably. The question is how many districts can we get for RON. The good news is that IF Ron has done well with delegates at convention that might be KNOWN by California's primary in June, so he might have momentum. If that actually happens, the dynamic could change dramatically. California was a Goldwater state. And while it is very liberal now, those people vote Democrat.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-23-2012 at 09:12 AM.

California was a Goldwater state. And while it is very liberal now, those people vote Democrat.
    1964 Presidential General Election Results - California
    Lyndon Johnson Democrat 4,171,877 59.11%
    Barry Goldwater Republican 2,879,108 40.79%
    http://uselectionatlas.org/RESULTS/s...&off=0&elect=0

I think you are talking about AZ which Goldwater won by 1% of the vote, and only because he was from there. Someone with his views from a different state may have lost by 10% or more in AZ.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_..._Arizona,_1964
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 03-23-2012 at 09:32 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Seriously $#@! off the "strategic" voting for other people besides Ron Paul. We're here to get Ron Paul elected, not make sure Santorum gets more delegates than anyone else, which is exactly what such a strategy would reap. A better strategy would be to vote for Newt Gingrich - if we are truly the insolent welps the media portrays us. You're all supposedly here because you believe in the message, the philosophy of our country's sacred honor. Pull up them big boy (or girl) britches and ACT THE $#@! LIKE IT.

In my opinion you would be a fool to vote for Gingrich or Santorum in some misguided strategy. Stay the course vote for Ron and we'll go from there.

I think Romney is going to come up short on delegates. The totals the MSM are estimating are low and nobody is dropping out anytime soon.

A few months ago I scoffed at the idea of a contested convention, but it's looking more likely as each state votes.

If Romney comes up short we could very well see Ron or Rand as VP if Romney needs the delegates. More unlikely but not impossible is nobody has enough in the first round and it's game on.
    Last edited by 69360; 03-23-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Let us not jump to conclusions. We all know that the media will represent the delegates "won" by Romney as a matter of fact. Unless Romney has 1144 bound delegates going into the election it matters nothing. Even if the media reports he has 1144 it will just be establishment propaganda until we actually show up at the convention. This is where it will get really interesting. Baring any dirty tricks the first round of votes is what counts at the convention. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast