Thread: It's official: Chicago cops arrest NBC reporter, say he can LOSE 1ST AMND RIGHTS

Exclamation It's official: Chicago cops arrest NBC reporter, say he can LOSE 1ST AMND RIGHTS

The story is on Drudge but I'm on an iPod ANC don't know how to link.

We frogs are just about boiled IMO. Ribbit.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    BTW, he was arrested for BEING ON A PUBLIC SIDEWALK.

Link? Don't see it up on Drudge.

Edit: Nevermind found it. Reward druge though and click it from there. It is in the middle.
    http://www.drudgereport.com/

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local...143105086.html
    Last edited by Oddone; 03-20-2012 at 06:38 AM.
    Personal attacks are always the first sign of a failed argument.

"Your First Amendment rights can be terminated if you're creating a scene or whatever," the officer said.

When asked how they were creating a scene, the officer said, "Your presence is creating a scene."

The cop was the one making a scene. Screaming at everyone.... To bad nothing will come of it.
    Personal attacks are always the first sign of a failed argument.

Another Chicago link on Drudge, worth reading the comments;
    http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/03/...gang-violence/

[double post?]
    Last edited by tod evans; 03-20-2012 at 07:36 AM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just to be clear for anyone who doesn't understand private property rights; while on private property you do not have a right to free speech, bear arms, privacy, or protections against searches and seizures. Only the property owner has those rights. Now, from that article it is being disputed whether or not they were even on private property. I know someone will try to dispute what I said about property rights, but protecting property rights is what I do for a living.
    I'm starting to think that the Mayans were right about 2012. Ron Paul will change the world.

Where does that pesky Civil Rights Act come in? Is a restaurant owner allowed to deny someone access to his private property (restaurant) if he wants to?

Call me confused.

Quote Originally Posted by mport1 View Post
    I don't see why this is a major story. The first amendment has been infringed upon for quite some time. Nothing unusual here. Just look at what happens to anybody that tries to record public "authorities."
    But that was among members of the mundanes. The reporter class thought they were part of the protected elite.

I don't see what the big deal is, I mean what good is the 1st amdendment if you don't have the 2nd, 4th, 6th etc?

Just listen to the cops, they are trained to handle these situations

/sarc

Quote Originally Posted by wgadget View Post
    Where does that pesky Civil Rights Act come in? Is a restaurant owner allowed to deny someone access to his private property (restaurant) if he wants to?

Call me confused.
    You are very confused about what the civil rights act does.
    I'm starting to think that the Mayans were right about 2012. Ron Paul will change the world.

My response to this, plus the TSA video:

You should do your job because it's your job. Because you're the person standing there doing that thing. So just do it. Do the shit out of it. -Louis C.K.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    But that was among members of the mundanes. The reporter class thought they were part of the protected elite.
    True, reporters are usually given more leeway since they are in bed with the state, however there are still plenty of instances of them getting harassed.

Quote Originally Posted by pen_thief View Post

Now if only awareness (and thus this response) would hit critical mass.
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Well, professor, might you shed some light on my confusion?

Quote Originally Posted by pen_thief View Post

xx
    Last edited by Nirvikalpa; 03-20-2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: please don't advocate violence.

Rahm Emmanuel aint even from the Chi... I am ashamed of my city.
    Best of luck in life.