Thread: Ron Paul calls Secret Service protection a ‘form of welfare’

Ron Paul calls Secret Service protection a ‘form of welfare’

http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-calls...133107447.html

I wish he'd all upon Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich to reimburse the American Taxpayers for the welfare.....He could really bring alot of media attention to it, especially with our economy the way it is....

$50K per day x 30 days = $1.5 million x 3 candidates = $4.5 million per month in additional Welfare!!

Obama would be proud!
    Last edited by Tyler_Durden; 03-21-2012 at 02:03 PM.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    I wish he'd all upon Romney, Santorum, and Gingrich to reimburse the American Taxpayers for the welfare.....He could really bring alot of media attention to it, especially with our economy the way it is....
    That sounds like a good idea .

he did that when he first heard Santorum and Gingrich were going for it. "They've joined the welfare state." He said on Leno that it costs taxpayers about $50,000 a DAY, and he didn't think a private person such as himself should put that expense on taxpayers.

When you think about it, that is a pretty expensive status symbol.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-21-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Would ron take protection if he were president?

Quote Originally Posted by umichmed View Post
    I believe he is referring to "candidates" having a free protection service........not an actual elected representative.

he said that he objected because 'he was a private citizen'. Presumably he would take it if president because then we would have elected him to the position and the POSITION needs it.

We'll work on that later, but he'd absolutely better.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

$50K per day x 30 days = $1.5 million x 3 candidates = $4.5 million per month!!!!!

Unacceptable!!!!
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

I doubt it. The only reason that they need protection is because of the horrible things they do to people. They promote war, theft, and control over people. Ron Paul would work to put an end to government's heavy hand.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron should abolish secret service and create a new organization similar to it, without corruption. I'm worried the SS themselves would assassinate Paul if he ever got their "protection"...

I know that's paranoid, but let's think about the context here. The people running our government are NOT nice people!

Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    Ron should abolish secret service and create a new organization similar to it, without corruption. I'm worried the SS themselves would assassinate Paul if he ever got their "protection"...

I know that's paranoid, but let's think about the context here. The people running our government are NOT nice people!
    It's not all that paranoid.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post

I agree they should/could be abolished, 100 years went by since Washington was inaugurated until the SS started protecting Presidents.

I was just reading their history here: http://www.secretservice.gov/history.shtml

Pretty interesting; they started as a division of the Treasury Department!
    Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

The Yahoo story is on the front page of Yahoo at the moment. Go click on it and comment to keep it's popularity.
    Ron Paul needs YOU to become a

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't like the fact that the SS's two mandates are protect the POTUS and protect the Federal Reserves fiat money. That sounds like a "Do what we say or we'll kill you" situation.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't like the fact that the SS's two mandates are protect the POTUS and protect the Federal Reserves fiat money. That sounds like a "Do what we say or we'll kill you" situation.
    Pretty amazing how Sirhan Sirhan was able to give Bobby Kennedy a bruise with the barrel of his gun and powder burns from across a crowded room.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

I knew Ron Paul would never take SS protection.

When Cain got SS protection, I slammed him on the other boards and even at that time, I knew RP would never accept it at tax payer's expense.

Not for nothing, but if Americans cant realize what we have in Ron Paul, then we deserve all the bad sh*t thats coming down the pipeline.
    "An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Bickerstaff View Post
    Pretty amazing how Sirhan Sirhan was able to give Bobby Kennedy a bruise with the barrel of his gun and powder burns from across a crowded room.
    Sorry but your statement reminded me of this video...

"An idea whose time has come cannot be stopped by any army or any government" - Ron Paul.

"To learn who rules over you simply find out who you arent allowed to criticize."

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The whole Leno interview was really solid, and this was a great part of it.

1) Agree go click on the article link to keep it front page!

2) Someone with video skills want to step up and make a grassroots presentation of this so we can spread how 'the 3' are part of the welfare state. (much like bank bail outs anyone? <-- just one angle that could be taken)

3) Can someone with an "in" among the Official Campaign float the idea that Paul or one of his surrogates (the more venerable the better IMO) issue a more full statement about this? I'm not saying the OPCC should be spending money on it but why not use their facebook, twitter, website etc. to get the word out? Maybe get an interview somewhere, (radio, Stewart/Colbert, or whatever the wider the reach the better obviously) and of course there are staff blogs like those of Hunter and Wead.

This concept, this issue, it's bite sized enough to connect with a wider vote base, it's got emotional punch in the current climate and it ties into economics which we all know is Ron Pauls backyard.

Thoughts, suggestions, improvements, anyone want to throw their hat in the ring?
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    I knew Ron Paul would never take SS protection.

When Cain got SS protection, I slammed him on the other boards and even at that time, I knew RP would never accept it at tax payer's expense.

Not for nothing, but if Americans cant realize what we have in Ron Paul, then we deserve all the bad sh*t thats coming down the pipeline.
    If people want to take out Ron Paul... he will get taken out regardless if he has secret service, marines, or any type of protection he might have. I think he is prepared to take a bullet when he goes after the "bad guys". You can't possibly protect Ron Paul against all types of threats.

I believe that some/most Americans do deserve what is coming to them by voting in the same establishment candidate. They will wonder... OMFG!?!?!?! Why is this happening?! Let's blame the last president...
    However, I believe most can be saved/converted in due time, except time is running out.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    he said that he objected because 'he was a private citizen'. Presumably he would take it if president because then we would have elected him to the position and the POSITION needs it.

We'll work on that later, but he'd absolutely better.
    I vaguely remember something from either Ron or Carol about not taking Secret Service protection in lieu of his own private security staff. I'm sure someone else here remembers that and can point it out.
    I have sworn upon the altar of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. -Thomas Jefferson

As the welfare candidates of the GOP continue to argue over the impactions of a children's toy metaphor, "bulldog" continues to rack up delegates
    Last edited by PolicyReader; 03-26-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us