Thread: how to bore sight a rifle

Thumbs up how to bore sight a rifle

Nice demo by Dmitri of FPSRussia

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmmm well I can't watch youtube and I didn't know what a bore sight was before googling... but I'm pretty sure what I would do is put the rifle in some sort of vice, shoot from a reasonable range at a target, then adjust the laser and try to line it up with the bullet hole. Repeat until satisfied.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Hmmm well I can't watch youtube and I didn't know what a bore sight was before googling... but I'm pretty sure what I would do is put the rifle in some sort of vice, shoot from a reasonable range at a target, then adjust the laser and try to line it up with the bullet hole. Repeat until satisfied.
    Not exactly.
    Though laser bore sights are nice,, he demonstrates how to do it "old school".
    Nicely demonstrated. Actually educational rather than just entertainment.

nice jop FPS
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

For AR shooters:

http://www.armystudyguide.com/conten...a2-rifle.shtml

And top of the front sight should be exactly in the middle of the circle made by the rear sight, thus:

Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.