Thread: Why does the Military Love Ron Paul?

Why does the Military Love Ron Paul?

http://motherjones.com/politics/2012...-paul-military

One easy explanation has been that Americans in the service have grown tired of a decade of war and identify with Paul's isolationist anti-interventionist rhetoric.
    Soldiers tend to see Paul as understanding the pressures they face better than the other candidates because he's the only one in the group who served in uniform, as a flight surgeon in the Air Force and Air National Guard during the Vietnam era. The libertarian's service gives him "street cred," Kwiatkowski noted. "We often in the military have no idea what the foreign policy or the military policy is. All we know is we get told to do things, and often these things are costly, dangerous, and unproductive, and create more insecurity for us and for the country."
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is a nice comparison and find

He should bring this up more in his speeches. A few years ago, "supporting the troops" (or in this case the troops supporting paul) would've been a sure way to gain votes from people. Have people turned their backs on the troops since Iraq and it no longer matters to them, or do they just have the skewed perception that support the troops = support wars and are completely out of touch with the individuals actually in the military? Also a few years ago, not having served in the military was heavily looked down upon from these voters and was subject to political attacks, yet the three getting all the coverage and soft support are people that have never served. I'm afraid the public have gradually started to view our military as merely a tool rather than the individuals who are suppose to be defending us

that's a good article, but i know plenty of active duty military members who can't stand Ron and parrot the MSM line of "his foreign policy is dangerous." i've also heard the "if he gets elected, i'll lose my job!" line.

Quote Originally Posted by flightlesskiwi View Post
    that's a good article, but i know plenty of active duty military members who can't stand Ron and parrot the MSM line of "his foreign policy is dangerous." i've also heard the "if he gets elected, i'll lose my job!" line.
    Know then you are dealing with someone who would kill you without conscience, if the price were right. That's not a leap of logic at all, that is the clear semantic meaning of what they are telling you.

after over 12 yrs in the military i understand the post about the people liking rp , i also worked in very high tech goverment electronics for over 25 yrs for defence contracts , at least 90% of the people working there do not like rp as they think they will lose contracts and their job security.

i guess it all boils down to if you have a dog in the fight.
    Last edited by ILUVRP; 03-21-2012 at 07:23 AM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    after over 12 yrs in the military i understand the post about the people liking rp , i also worked in very high tech goverment electronics for over 25 yrs for defence contracts , at least 90% of the people working there do not like rp as they think they will lose contracts and their job security.

There's probably no better reason to keep your dog out of the fight. If you don't become dependent on unemployment, student loans, social security, a military career, a civil service job, government contracts, etc., you have no stake in preserving the current system.

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system, and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it." [Morpheus, from 'The Matrix']

They simply can't ever leave out "isolationist," can they?

I wish people would look up the term isolationist and realize that is not at all what Paul wants.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    They simply can't ever leave out "isolationist," can they?

I wish people would look up the term isolationist and realize that is not at all what Paul wants.
    I'm sure that building a fence around your house is considered "isolationist" by someone.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post

I will more than likely have to change my employment if RP's plans get implemented. It's not about me.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Know then you are dealing with someone who would kill you without conscience, if the price were right. That's not a leap of logic at all, that is the clear semantic meaning of what they are telling you.
    Rep +1 for truth.

Cutting through the language to get to the heart of the matter is what this campaign is all about.