Thread: Obama, the Greatest Gun Salesman?

Obama, the Greatest Gun Salesman?

FORT WORTH -- Gun sales are booming.
    Enthusiasts are stocking up on guns and ammunition, and some in the industry are wondering whether sales are spiking as they did after Democrat Barack Obama won the presidency in 2008.
    That rush created a nationwide shortage.
    "We're at the top of the roller coaster and we're about to plummet down the side," said DeWayne Irwin, owner of the Cheaper Than Dirt gun store in north Fort Worth, which set a sales record for the month of February. "It's fixing to happen again. I don't know if it will be to the same extent it was before, but I see it coming.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/03...#storylink=cpy

Just wanted to hear your opinions on this. Also:

RGR or SWHC?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by VoluntaryAmerican View Post
    FORT WORTH -- Gun sales are booming.
    Enthusiasts are stocking up on guns and ammunition, and some in the industry are wondering whether sales are spiking as they did after Democrat Barack Obama won the presidency in 2008.
    That rush created a nationwide shortage.
    "We're at the top of the roller coaster and we're about to plummet down the side," said DeWayne Irwin, owner of the Cheaper Than Dirt gun store in north Fort Worth, which set a sales record for the month of February. "It's fixing to happen again. I don't know if it will be to the same extent it was before, but I see it coming.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/03...#storylink=cpy

Just wanted to hear your opinions on this. Also:

RGR or SWHC?
    RGR is a performer.

I don't know if Barry is the best gun salesman, but he sure didn't hurt them. I heard of people running out and buying guns because they were afraid that he would "take them away." Hell, they may be right in the end.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't really understand the theory that if re-elected, Obama will be replaced by Bizarro Obama, who will do exactly the opposite of everything he did in his first term.

But yes, once the right-wing news machine gets its election-year doomsday predictions going, gun dealers are going to make money hand over fist.

Quote Originally Posted by Domalais View Post
    I don't really understand the theory that if re-elected, Obama will be replaced by Bizarro Obama, who will do exactly the opposite of everything he did in his first term.
    The problem is not that he would do the opposite, but that he would continue on the path to totalitarianism that he's been steadily marching down since Day 1.

Any excuse to buy, keep and bear arms is a good one.

Concealed Carry?
    Open Carry?
    Carry On!

Universal Mandatory Armament, it's not just a good idea, it should be the LAW!
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

Quote Originally Posted by BamaAla View Post
    RGR is a performer.

I don't know if Barry is the best gun salesman, but he sure didn't hurt them. I heard of people running out and buying guns because they were afraid that he would "take them away." Hell, they may be right in the end.
    Obama hasn't really struck me as any more anti-gun than any other democratic president in memory.
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

sounds like i should open a gun shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    Obama hasn't really struck me as any more anti-gun than any other democratic president in memory.
    But he's had the good fortune to put two 50somethings on the Court who happen to be very radically anti. McDonald and Heller were both 5-4 decisions that could become 5-4 decisions the other way if Barry is on office for a second term.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I can't recally Obama making any statements or policies related to guns outside of war situations. People are reacting to what they think he might do- not what he has done- that is why sales soared after the election ended. But the fears have not been justified so far. There were many more restrictions placed on guns under Reagan (Brady bill) than Obama (none).

They have this enlarged and posted on the counter at a local sporting goods store I was at the other day:

I did just add another one to the collection a few weeks ago. Doesn't really have to do with Obama(well, not entirely). I've just been collecting a few things as of late and it was on the list. I don't want to be defenseless when Greece comes to America.
    Last edited by xFiFtyOnE; 03-22-2012 at 11:16 AM.
    Click here for a free copper round. Every three people you get signed up, you get another free round! NO PURCHASE NECESSARY!

Gun Salesman of the year? Perhaps, but I think this guy takes the cake
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Holder
    Last edited by AnythingButPaper; 03-22-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnythingButPaper View Post
    Gun Salesman of the year? Perhaps, but I think this guy takes the cake
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Holder
    Yes... Exactly. One thing I failed to see anyone mention is Fast and Furious which seemed to be a very underhanded way to try and re-ban assualt weapons after they had amassed enough political support by the fall out of Fast and Furious.

I don't think people should base their gun purchases on who will be president. Instead, I suggest correlating your gun and ammo purchases as directly proportional to government spending.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I can't recally Obama making any statements or policies related to guns outside of war situations. People are reacting to what they think he might do- not what he has done- that is why sales soared after the election ended. But the fears have not been justified so far. There were many more restrictions placed on guns under Reagan (Brady bill) than Obama (none).
    Reagan got Kennedy and Scalia on the Court. Barry has gotten Sotomayor and Kagan; the former joined the dissent in McDonald and looks to be firmly in the collective right camp and all indications point to Kagan being the same. On the other hand, Kennedy and Scalia both joined the majority in both Heller and McDonald. On more appointment by the current Executive and the balance of the Court could very well tip to a collectivist right majority.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smith & Wesson: “Thanks, Obama.”
    http://knuckledraggin.com/2015/08/sm...-thanks-obama/

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock