Thread: Let's have a look at the Forum Guidelines, shall we?

Blog Entries

Default Let's have a look at the Forum Guidelines, shall we?

Recently, there have been a lot of threads which were either pointless, or were derailed to the point where they were pointless, or which devolved into petty name-calling, personal attacks, collectivism, and other forms of negativity.

As a reminder, these publicly available Forum Guidelines apply. This means that moderation is warranted when any of these are repeatedly violated, even if you are an established member. Some of the more commonly violated guidelines are as follows:

+ Be respectful of other users.
    + No insulting, antagonizing or personally attacking other users.
    These two go hand in hand. If the sole or main purpose of your post is to deride another user, that post is subject to deletion and a moderator has discretion to apply additional action based on circumstantial factors.

+ No rude, disruptive or disorderly behavior, including excessive low value posting.
    If you have thousands of posts and contribute practically nothing to the forum's Mission Statement, you are in the wrong place. You're welcome to take your posting habits elsewhere.

+ Posts should not promote negativity in collectivist mindsets that view humans as members of groups rather than individuals. Such forms of collectivism include sexism, racism, antisemitism; they will not be tolerated here.
    If the sole or main purpose of your post is to deride a group of people, or to cast a group in a negative light, that post is subject to deletion and a moderator has discretion to apply additional action.

+ Posts should respect the intent and desires of the Topic Starter.
    Posts which violate this rule are subject to deletion or a thread split, if the moderator finds that the "split" thread would not promote "low value posting" and would not otherwise violate forum guidelines.

Thanks.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I don't mean to hijack the thread or anything, but apparently I don't have "permission" to create a new post in the Forum Guidelines forum.

Is it against the forum guidelines/rules to put referral links (i.e. I get some benefit/bonus from you clicking this or signing up for this) in signatures [even] if it is clearly indicated as being a referral link? In short, I wanted to put a DropBox referral link in my signature. I get bonus storage when someone signs up using my link, but they get bonus storage as well, so it's win-win.
    "My pride in my country is inversely proportional to Michelle Obama's pride in her country."
    - Me

+ No rude, disruptive or disorderly behavior, including excessive low value posting.
    ok

i wont

I can't post so I don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by ftwliberal View Post
    I see a post. which contradicts your statement.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I see a post. which contradicts your statement.
    It's all so confusing.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    the government is my servant.
    I am not its servant.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    They are there to eat doughnuts and fuck people up and throw them in jail... and they're all out of doughnuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, they did.

The warnings were simply ignored.

They were warned by men called the Anti Federalists.

Needs a bigger boat Anti Federalist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

+ No insulting, antagonizing or personally attacking other users.
    Except when a mod does it.

Then I guess it's OK.

Like cops I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by navom1 View Post
    why can't I post links?
    I think you have to have certain number of post before you can insert a link. I'm guessing it's four.

Welcome to the message boards navom1.

Me neither...
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Welcome to you too ftwliberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I think you have to have certain number of post before you can insert a link. I'm guessing it's four.

Welcome to the message boards navom1.
    It doesn't take long, just don't try to plan out a massive bombing in your first ten posts and you're good to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    the government is my servant.
    I am not its servant.
    Quote Originally Posted by aGameOfThrones View Post
    They are there to eat doughnuts and fuck people up and throw them in jail... and they're all out of doughnuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Yes, they did.

The warnings were simply ignored.

They were warned by men called the Anti Federalists.

Are we allowed to advertise our podcast on these forums? Just wondering.