Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Stock up NOW on Guns & Ammo

  1. #1

    Default Stock up NOW on Guns & Ammo

    If you were looking into stocking up on ammo and guns...now is the time to buy since the warehouse shelves are still fairly full. My local gun shop tells me that AR sales have already exceeded normal sales this winter, and the reason people are buying is because they fear Obama getting another term. If Ron Paul doesn't end up pulling this thing off, it will be too late by then.

    Remember what happened last time in 2008? AR-15's and ammo prices were through the roof, IF you could even find any at all... AR-15 parts kits were selling at $200.00 instead of $50.00. Stripped lower AR-15 receivers were selling for $300.00 instead of $100.00. A new AR was 1.5 grand instead of $700.00.

    So my advice is to bite the bullet and just get it done. You'll sleep better knowing you are good to go for ammo and guns.

    Thanks,
    Paul



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    I already did back in 2008... oh wait, I sold all of that stuff to my friends
    Last edited by AFPVet; 03-20-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

  4. #3

    Default

    AR15...meh. Mini 14 is where it's at.
    Click here for a free copper round. Every three people you get signed up, you get another free round! NO PURCHASE NECESSARY!

  5. #4

    Default

    I think Joe Bobs Outfitters still has polymer AR lowers for $99 each, paired with the cheapest upper you can find, would make good hand out rifles.
    www.joeboboutfitters.com

  6. #5

    Default

    All the guns and ammo aint gonna matter if you don't know how to shoot ,move and communicate or know anything about cover and concealment.

  7. #6

    Default

    the problem is everyone who buys a gun legally will be in the government list of gun owners when they come to remove all the privately owned guns. the gun owners will be the first against the wall.
    Last edited by marcirvine; 04-13-2012 at 07:12 AM.

  8. #7

    Default

    Actually it's always a good time buy guns and ammo.

    Always.

    And who here is stupid enough to want to play war with them? Hell you want to play war go join an army.

    Self defense and preparedness isn't the same thing as wanting to to play war, and to think everyone who wants to keep and bear arms is some kind of wanna-be mercenary is stupid.

    An armed society is a polite society, and when eveyone knows that anyone can be carrying it makes all but the most stupid control themselves most of the time.

    Now if someone is psychologically afraid of weapons or firearms or having the power of life and death on their person then they need counsuling, since they are in denial about their own and other peoples mortality and their personal responsibility for their and their communities well-being.

    Being armed is sort of like societies immune system, you don't want to be infected but if you are a strong immune system can let you destroy the infectious organism and recover.

    But having a strong immune system to begin with will prevent infection more often than not.

    edit:

    There is a gun and ammo show in Memphis this week, I'm broke as all he!! but I may end up pulling a few hundred out of 'emergency cash' to get the basic reloading supplies I need for my (extremely) meager shooting needs.

    Not because I think the end of the world is coming and I'll need to fight off the terminators but simply because it is a simple, inexpensive, and good skill to know, and if I learn it now I can pass it on to my kids and they will grow up with a more knowledgeable and mature attitude of guns that I did.
    Last edited by WilliamC; 04-13-2012 at 07:23 AM.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

    NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

  9. #8

  10. #9
    Member Keith and stuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    The Live Free or Die state
    Posts
    8,975
    Blog Entries
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcirvine View Post
    the problem is everyone who buys a gun legally will be in the government list of gun owners when they come to remove all the privately owned guns. the gun owners will be the first against the wall.
    I don't know of any federal law like that. There isn't a state law like that where I live. As far as I am aware, it is easy to legally buy a firearm without the government knowing about it.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

  11. #10

    Default

    Buy gold too, so you can hire those with guns.
    Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

    The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

    The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

    Except as to the rule of apportionment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    Actually it's always a good time buy guns and ammo.

    Always.

    And who here is stupid enough to want to play war with them? Hell you want to play war go join an army.

    Self defense and preparedness isn't the same thing as wanting to to play war, and to think everyone who wants to keep and bear arms is some kind of wanna-be mercenary is stupid.

    An armed society is a polite society, and when eveyone knows that anyone can be carrying it makes all but the most stupid control themselves most of the time.

    Now if someone is psychologically afraid of weapons or firearms or having the power of life and death on their person then they need counsuling, since they are in denial about their own and other peoples mortality and their personal responsibility for their and their communities well-being.

    Being armed is sort of like societies immune system, you don't want to be infected but if you are a strong immune system can let you destroy the infectious organism and recover.

    But having a strong immune system to begin with will prevent infection more often than not.

    edit:

    There is a gun and ammo show in Memphis this week, I'm broke as all he!! but I may end up pulling a few hundred out of 'emergency cash' to get the basic reloading supplies I need for my (extremely) meager shooting needs.

    Not because I think the end of the world is coming and I'll need to fight off the terminators but simply because it is a simple, inexpensive, and good skill to know, and if I learn it now I can pass it on to my kids and they will grow up with a more knowledgeable and mature attitude of guns that I did.
    I don't understand this post. Maybe somebody can help me out. It's a good thing to buy guns, correct? Firearms ought to be used in self defense, right? Practice makes perfect, still the best answer???

    Someone wise once wrote that "the greatest reason to retain the Right to keep and bear Arms is, as a last resort, to prevent tyranny in government."

    Given those facts, I was taken aback by that statement: "And who here is stupid enough to want to play war with them? Hell you want to play war go join an army."

    The Second Amendment is all about owning firearms for the purposes of insuring the security of a free State. The militia is not mercenaries, terrorists, or wannabes... though the majority of them have now taken on that role. When we're looking at the prospect of mass round-ups, weapons confiscations and an end to constitutional Liberties (most made possible by the Tea Parties, right wingers, militias, anti - immigrants, and talk radio followers), we have to make up our minds to unite and be prepared because an individual is no match for any portion of the POLICE STATE.

    http://www.freeforum101.com/outcasts...utcastsandoutl

  13. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    I don't understand this post. Maybe somebody can help me out. It's a good thing to buy guns, correct? Firearms ought to be used in self defense, right? Practice makes perfect, still the best answer???
    What you fail to understand is that in a well-armed society the need for self defense could potentially be much less.

    Everyone except the most stupid of criminals would think twice to commit a violent crime if they know that everyone around them is likely to be armed, and those who are that stupid would be culled out of the population in fairly short order.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Someone wise once wrote that "the greatest reason to retain the Right to keep and bear Arms is, as a last resort, to prevent tyranny in government."
    Again, except for the most stupid of government goons no one would initiate violence against the citizenry if they knew that the citizenry were well armed. Just like supposedly in WWII neither Japan nor Germany had any serious plans to invade the USA, because they knew they would be facing a well armed population. Just like despite the trillions of wasted dollars neither the Soviet Union nor the United States has been successful in occupying Afghanistan.

    Well, I guess the leaders of both the old Soviet Union and the current USA qualify as the sort of stupid I alluded to above, since they did try.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Given those facts, I was taken aback by that statement: "And who here is stupid enough to want to play war with them? Hell you want to play war go join an army."
    Why, do you want to go play war? I don't, and me keeping a bearing arms doesn't make me want to either.

    War is terrible and should only be resorted to when one's country is invaded or is in imminent threat of being invaded or attacked by another military force. I don't see that happening in the USA any time soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    The Second Amendment is all about owning firearms for the purposes of insuring the security of a free State. The militia is not mercenaries, terrorists, or wannabes... though the majority of them have now taken on that role. When we're looking at the prospect of mass round-ups, weapons confiscations and an end to constitutional Liberties (most made possible by the Tea Parties, right wingers, militias, anti - immigrants, and talk radio followers), we have to make up our minds to unite and be prepared because an individual is no match for any portion of the POLICE STATE.
    I don't share the same level of fear that you seem to, I don't think the USA military is a bunch of psychopathic mercenaries ready to declare martial law, and I do think that the majority of the US military takes their oath of enlistment to the Constitution seriously.

    Otherwise these events would probably have already come to pass.
    Last edited by WilliamC; 04-14-2012 at 06:12 AM.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

    NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

  14. #13

    Default

    Well WilliamC, I get where you're coming from. Thank you very much for the veiled attack on both my motives and intelligence. I can now respond to you:

    I don't like the prospect of war. Most of the people that wanted to join the militia in its early formation had no love affair with war. Your suggestion is that people buy car insurance because they enjoy getting into car wrecks.

    WilliamC wrote:

    "I don't think the USA military is a bunch of psychopathic mercenaries ready to declare martial law..."

    RESPONSE: Since I did not accuse WilliamC of thinking that, I can only infer that he is accusing me of believing such a preposterous position. Well, WilliamC, when you are shooting blanks, I guess you should yell bang so as to confuse the people. Let's educate WilliamC:

    The military does not get to declare martial law. It's not their decision. We do know from history... things like the attack on a church in Waco, Texas that resulted in the deaths of seventeen innocent children that the military will act on the orders they receive from the government. That is their job. My opinion, WilliamC, is that many in the military do like war.

    When military forces converged on Waco, Texas, they hoisted up an American flag as if attacking a church were some kind of victory. With the bodies of children strewn about, I could not begin to fathom that incident as a victory. When the military thinks they are disarming all of you because you are potential terrorists, you can use whatever choice of words you think will help your case, WilliamC, but you will be disarmed... or you will fight.

    I came from an era where the military was used against churches in the United States; they employed the military to take Randy Weaver out in a place called Ruby Ridge. I lived through the murder of people like Gordon Kahl and Scott Woodring and many others you never heard of.

    Above all, I am a realist. Congress passes laws like the so - called "Patriot Act," the National Defense Authorization Act, etc. for a reason. There was this recent story about Obama and his power grab:

    http://www.freeforum101.com/outcasts...utcastsandoutl

    I get where you're coming from WilliamC. The problem for you is that while you will try to present me as being an Alex Jones kind of conspiracy buff, you will be shooting even more blanks. I'm the guy that was realistic enough to beg people not to rebuild the Berlin Wall along the southern border because all of those machine gun toting mercenaries and drones can be employed against YOU just as easily as anyone else. Congress damn sure would not be spending TRILLIONS of dollars to save (in their estimates) a couple of BILLION. No sir, they have big plans. They aren't trying to hide it from you.

    Yeah, it is a good time to buy guns. The thing is, you want to know the real reason WHY. Insure the security of a free State.

  15. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcirvine View Post
    the problem is everyone who buys a gun legally will be in the government list of gun owners when they come to remove all the privately owned guns. the gun owners will be the first against the wall.
    The whole point of having guns is to use them to prevent such a thing, since gun confiscation is the last nail in the coffin for freedom in any country. It's not like I'm going to buy an arsenal and then just give it up if the government makes it illegal and wants to confiscate it.
    "Man lives freely only by his readiness to die." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

    "Generally speaking, the way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death." -- Miyamoto Musashi

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Well WilliamC, I get where you're coming from. Thank you very much for the veiled attack on both my motives and intelligence. I can now respond to you:

    I don't like the prospect of war. Most of the people that wanted to join the militia in its early formation had no love affair with war. Your suggestion is that people buy car insurance because they enjoy getting into car wrecks.

    WilliamC wrote:

    "I don't think the USA military is a bunch of psychopathic mercenaries ready to declare martial law..."

    RESPONSE: Since I did not accuse WilliamC of thinking that, I can only infer that he is accusing me of believing such a preposterous position. Well, WilliamC, when you are shooting blanks, I guess you should yell bang so as to confuse the people. Let's educate WilliamC:

    The military does not get to declare martial law. It's not their decision. We do know from history... things like the attack on a church in Waco, Texas that resulted in the deaths of seventeen innocent children that the military will act on the orders they receive from the government. That is their job. My opinion, WilliamC, is that many in the military do like war.

    When military forces converged on Waco, Texas, they hoisted up an American flag as if attacking a church were some kind of victory. With the bodies of children strewn about, I could not begin to fathom that incident as a victory. When the military thinks they are disarming all of you because you are potential terrorists, you can use whatever choice of words you think will help your case, WilliamC, but you will be disarmed... or you will fight.

    I came from an era where the military was used against churches in the United States; they employed the military to take Randy Weaver out in a place called Ruby Ridge. I lived through the murder of people like Gordon Kahl and Scott Woodring and many others you never heard of.

    Above all, I am a realist. Congress passes laws like the so - called "Patriot Act," the National Defense Authorization Act, etc. for a reason. There was this recent story about Obama and his power grab:

    http://www.freeforum101.com/outcasts...utcastsandoutl

    I get where you're coming from WilliamC. The problem for you is that while you will try to present me as being an Alex Jones kind of conspiracy buff, you will be shooting even more blanks. I'm the guy that was realistic enough to beg people not to rebuild the Berlin Wall along the southern border because all of those machine gun toting mercenaries and drones can be employed against YOU just as easily as anyone else. Congress damn sure would not be spending TRILLIONS of dollars to save (in their estimates) a couple of BILLION. No sir, they have big plans. They aren't trying to hide it from you.

    Yeah, it is a good time to buy guns. The thing is, you want to know the real reason WHY. Insure the security of a free State.
    You certainly read much into my plain words, but that is the nature of the medium in which we are communicating.

    I am not trying to present you as anything at all, and I agree with pretty much everything you say.

    But I don't think it is going to be necessary for their to be a violent revolution in order to bring about significant change, and I don't think that a well armed public citizenry is any threat at all to a legitimate government.

    There are corrupt individuals within all branches of government, and they have committed atrocities and may again do so, but I think that the larger majority of our uniformed military are committed to following their Oath of Enlistment to the Constitution, and that there are enough honest and non-corrupt State and local officials in law enforcement and in the Judiciary and Districts Attorneys General and such to handle them if the time comes.

    I really am not trying to mischaracterize your positions since I really don't know what they are.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

    NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

  17. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    You certainly read much into my plain words, but that is the nature of the medium in which we are communicating.

    I am not trying to present you as anything at all, and I agree with pretty much everything you say.

    But I don't think it is going to be necessary for their to be a violent revolution in order to bring about significant change, and I don't think that a well armed public citizenry is any threat at all to a legitimate government.

    There are corrupt individuals within all branches of government, and they have committed atrocities and may again do so, but I think that the larger majority of our uniformed military are committed to following their Oath of Enlistment to the Constitution, and that there are enough honest and non-corrupt State and local officials in law enforcement and in the Judiciary and Districts Attorneys General and such to handle them if the time comes.

    I really am not trying to mischaracterize your positions since I really don't know what they are.
    My position is very clear and unmistakable: You have Rights that the government in a de jure constitutional Republic cannot breach. IF they do, you have options. You exhaust all of your nonviolent political and legal remedies and afterward, you begin considering extraordinary measures.

    We have a ways to go before employing extraordinary measures; however, to think that the threat is not real is naive. I, myself, was once put on a hit list and nearly killed by the LEO community without any semblance of due process. It was a news reporter that got wind of the plot and exposed it.

    Between that and the many things I see in my own AO (such as hundreds upon hundreds of cameras at every angle looking at us), I realize that every vestige of freedom and Liberty is under constant attack.

    All of that means that we should invest in personal firearms, but we must also commit to a certain degree of training:

    http://appleseedinfo.org/

    In addition to shooting skills, we need groups of people to meet and discuss ways to approach our dwindling Rights and save them via the legal and political process. We also need people that are willing to commit to being citizen soldiers within their own community. If / When society breaks down, it's not enough for you to own a weapon. You need to know how to communicate and coordinate with others of like mind in your neighborhood. You have to be agreed, in advance, what the goals and objectives are. You need a clear understanding of when it is just and proper to use a firearm. You need to work with others of like mind so that you have that degree of camaraderie and commitment that is necessary in a stressful situation (whether it turns out to be surviving a hurricane or an internal civil war led by a totalitarian government.)

    In my personal opinion, the widely held belief that tyranny cannot happen here is what is making tyranny and oppression via a POLICE STATE inevitable.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    My position is very clear and unmistakable: You have Rights that the government in a de jure constitutional Republic cannot breach. IF they do, you have options. You exhaust all of your nonviolent political and legal remedies and afterward, you begin considering extraordinary measures.

    We have a ways to go before employing extraordinary measures; however, to think that the threat is not real is naive. I, myself, was once put on a hit list and nearly killed by the LEO community without any semblance of due process. It was a news reporter that got wind of the plot and exposed it.

    Between that and the many things I see in my own AO (such as hundreds upon hundreds of cameras at every angle looking at us), I realize that every vestige of freedom and Liberty is under constant attack.

    All of that means that we should invest in personal firearms, but we must also commit to a certain degree of training:

    http://appleseedinfo.org/

    In addition to shooting skills, we need groups of people to meet and discuss ways to approach our dwindling Rights and save them via the legal and political process. We also need people that are willing to commit to being citizen soldiers within their own community. If / When society breaks down, it's not enough for you to own a weapon. You need to know how to communicate and coordinate with others of like mind in your neighborhood. You have to be agreed, in advance, what the goals and objectives are. You need a clear understanding of when it is just and proper to use a firearm. You need to work with others of like mind so that you have that degree of camaraderie and commitment that is necessary in a stressful situation (whether it turns out to be surviving a hurricane or an internal civil war led by a totalitarian government.)

    In my personal opinion, the widely held belief that tyranny cannot happen here is what is making tyranny and oppression via a POLICE STATE inevitable.
    Like I said, I really don't disagree with anything you are saying, I just think that the best laid plans of mice and men aft gang alay, and it's no different for the psychopathic parasites than anyone else.

    I don't think that it can't happen, but I really don't see it as inevitable either.

    Of course what you suggest is good for making such even less likely and I agree, but I guess I'm just not as gregarious as you.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

    NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    Like I said, I really don't disagree with anything you are saying, I just think that the best laid plans of mice and men aft gang alay, and it's no different for the psychopathic parasites than anyone else.

    I don't think that it can't happen, but I really don't see it as inevitable either.

    Of course what you suggest is good for making such even less likely and I agree, but I guess I'm just not as gregarious as you.
    The worst mistake you can make is to think you have the capability to defend yourself all by yourself. I feel for certain that if George Zimmerman's neighborhood watch had sent patrols out in pairs, we would have three people alive today instead of one dead and the other getting ready to do hard time.

    I'm not all that "gregarious;" rather, I tend to be a loner in my personal life... a trait that has made me an easy target when the side I was working on was getting politically effective.

    A better choice of words is that since you have not challenged the system and made a significant change, you don't think it's all that bad because you don't have the experience of taking on the status quo and actually seeing the possibility of victory.

    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.” Mark Twain

    If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” Frederick Douglass, former slave turned political activist
    Last edited by Enforcer; 04-14-2012 at 03:23 PM.

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    The worst mistake you can make is to think you have the capability to defend yourself all by yourself. I feel for certain that if George Zimmerman's neighborhood watch had sent patrols out in pairs, we would have three people alive today instead of one dead and the other getting ready to do hard time.

    I'm not all that "gregarious;" rather, I tend to be a loner in my personal life... a trait that has made me an easy target when the side I was working on was getting politically effective.

    A better choice of words is that since you have not challenged the system and made a significant change, you don't think it's all that bad because you don't have the experience of taking on the status quo and actually seeing the possibility of victory.

    In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.” Mark Twain

    If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters. This struggle may be a moral one; or it may be a physical one; or it may be both moral and physical; but it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will.” Frederick Douglass, former slave turned political activist
    Listen, I don't know anything about your life and you don't know anything about mine, so why you are trying to categorize me as naive I do not know.

    I just look at how optimistic Ron Paul seems to be about the future and I can't help but think he is on to something, that's all.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

    NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

  21. #20

    Default

    I would wait to buy until after Obama is re elected.

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamC View Post
    Listen, I don't know anything about your life and you don't know anything about mine, so why you are trying to categorize me as naive I do not know.

    I just look at how optimistic Ron Paul seems to be about the future and I can't help but think he is on to something, that's all.
    I am not trying to categorize you as anything. I'm making a general statement about things. Ron Paul is a good man, but Ron Paul is a politician. If I were running for office, I'd be optimistic (or try to be) in telling you that things were looking good.

    However, I am a realist. I hear the horror stories about the TSA; see cameras all day long; can tell you about ex post facto laws being upheld by the courts (like the Lautenberg Amendment and it IS ex post facto.) The big food companies like Monsanto dream of being able to control the world's food supply by modifying seeds. The police and military are rapidly becoming one big complex. Local police agencies are now collecting hard core military hardware. The county I live in boasts APCs and tanks.

    We are being governed and controlled by private corporations and unconstitutional agencies like the Dept. of Homeland (IN) Security. We have created TRILLION DOLLAR agencies when the prices we were talking about were in the BILLIONS. Gas is going up; wages going down. Unemployment is going up while new housing starts are down. The fact is, we will face more foreclosures in the United States next year than at any time in this nation's history.

    Worse, regardless of whether the people pick Mitt Romney or Obama, your gun Rights are on the chopping block. The big headline of the day are the stand your ground laws and the clampdown on them will seriously jeopardize your Right to even own a firearm.

    I'm on this site almost daily. I see every kind of political group trying to use the Ron Paul platform to launch their own mickey mouse agenda. Many times that agenda is 180 degrees opposite of the stances that Ron Paul takes. I don't mind them disagreeing with Ron Paul's message, but what I do mind is that they take a few things out of context to somehow "prove" that Ron Paul agrees with them. So, unless we rally and unite... and develop a consistent message, the Ron Paul Revolution disappears the moment Ron Paul dies or retires.

    The back up plan is to DEFEND LIBERTY.
    Last edited by Enforcer; 04-14-2012 at 04:26 PM.

  23. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domalais View Post
    I would wait to buy until after Obama is re elected.
    The people did that the first time when it came to ammo. You couldn't find a box of ammo to save your life. I found 300 rounds of .380 at a yard sale to get a single price on many items. I then advertised that ammo for the Shotgun News posted price and some guy drove 200 miles to get it. EVERYBODY was out of ammo for months.

    This time, Obama has nothing to lose. IF Obama is re-elected, gun control will begin the day after the election. Of course, the same holds true if Mitt Romney gets the nod.

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    I am not trying to categorize you as anything. I'm making a general statement about things. Ron Paul is a good man, but Ron Paul is a politician. If I were running for office, I'd be optimistic (or try to be) in telling you that things were looking good.

    However, I am a realist. I hear the horror stories about the TSA; see cameras all day long; can tell you about ex post facto laws being upheld by the courts (like the Lautenberg Amendment and it IS ex post facto.) The big food companies like Monsanto dream of being able to control the world's food supply by modifying seeds. The police and military are rapidly becoming one big complex. Local police agencies are now collecting hard core military hardware. The county I live in boasts APCs and tanks.

    We are being governed and controlled by private corporations and unconstitutional agencies like the Dept. of Homeland (IN) Security. We have created TRILLION DOLLAR agencies when the prices we were talking about were in the BILLIONS. Gas is going up; wages going down. Unemployment is going up while new housing starts are down. The fact is, we will face more foreclosures in the United States next year than at any time in this nation's history.

    Worse, regardless of whether the people pick Mitt Romney or Obama, your gun Rights are on the chopping block. The big headline of the day are the stand your ground laws and the clampdown on them will seriously jeopardize your Right to even own a firearm.

    I'm on this site almost daily. I see every kind of political group trying to use the Ron Paul platform to launch their own mickey mouse agenda. Many times that agenda is 180 degrees opposite of the stances that Ron Paul takes. I don't mind them disagreeing with Ron Paul's message, but what I do mind is that they take a few things out of context to somehow "prove" that Ron Paul agrees with them. So, unless we rally and unite... and develop a consistent message, the Ron Paul Revolution disappears the moment Ron Paul dies or retires.

    The back up plan is to DEFEND LIBERTY.
    Like I say, I don't see where we disagree.

    I can't tell you how real life is for me, nor do I deny your reality. But I do think the tipping point has been reached and that things are changing.

    Hopefully it won't involve any TEOTW scenarios, the very very vast majority of folks don't want that, and those that do are being more exposed every day.

    So yes, let's prepare for the worst by every means, but let's not lose site of the goal, which is nothing short of working for the best that can be.

    Oh, and I do actually think Ron Paul knows more about the global system than I do and may have some sort of insight I lack due to his having more connections and whatnot, but I don't think he agrees with me about everything either.

    Carry on.
    Last edited by WilliamC; 04-14-2012 at 04:35 PM.
    Ron Paul: He irritates more idiots in fewer words than any American politician ever.

    NO MORE LIARS! Ron Paul 2012

  25. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marcirvine View Post
    the problem is everyone who buys a gun legally will be in the government list of gun owners when they come to remove all the privately owned guns. the gun owners will be the first against the wall.
    Obviously you live in a State that requires registration.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  26. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domalais View Post
    I would wait to buy until after Obama is re elected.
    NAW !!!

    Let people freak out ... I got a few really good deals on barely/never used firearms, after Obama was elected, and people realized they wanted money, more than the gun they possessed
    Last edited by azxd; 04-14-2012 at 07:47 PM.
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.

  27. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    This time, Obama has nothing to lose. IF Obama is re-elected, gun control will begin the day after the election. Of course, the same holds true if Mitt Romney gets the nod.
    The argument that Obama will turn into Bizzaro Obama after the election is ridiculous. Gun rights have expanded in his first four years. Do you think that is merely a trick to lull gun owners into a false sense of security?

  28. #27

    Default

    The best part about ammo? No diminishing returns! This next 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 is going to be just as useful as my other 14,000.

  29. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Valley of the gun
    Posts
    2,512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Domalais View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    This time, Obama has nothing to lose. IF Obama is re-elected, gun control will begin the day after the election. Of course, the same holds true if Mitt Romney gets the nod.
    The argument that Obama will turn into Bizzaro Obama after the election is ridiculous. Gun rights have expanded in his first four years. Do you think that is merely a trick to lull gun owners into a false sense of security?
    Enforcer is right ... I always go to the range after election results are posted
    Let them keep thinking Ron Paul supporters are just a little army. Every military strategy manual in the world has examples of the bad things that happen to arrogant commanders of massive armies that underestimate the enemy. They all lose. We will win because the human heart, despite its detractors, is meant for truth and freedom.





« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •