Thread: Western Wisconsin for Ron Paul

Western Wisconsin for Ron Paul

Western Wisconsin, specifically the Third Congressional District, was Ron Paul's best region of the state four years ago and perhaps the only CD he can carry in 2012. This call out to Paul supporters from Eau Claire to La Crosse to the Southwest to Stevens Point and everything in between to see what we can do to help him try an win the Third in 2012. Certainly running on a pro-raw milk campaign while making a stop at say UW-La Crosse or UW-Eau Claire I think would be a big help but what other ideas can you share?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How does Wisconsin's congressional delegate system works?

Know we have 8 districts...and 3 delegates a district (not counting the at-large delegates). Do the trio of delegates elected from each district go directly to the national conventions?

Also...did you find a state map of Paul results? All I can find are county results here:

http://elections.state.wi.us/docview...13360&locid=47

Fox River Valley will be a Santorum stronghold IMO (our state's bible-belt) and don't think we have a chance with the Oshkosh (6) nor Green Bay districts (8).

Think we might have a chance in the Madison (2) and Milwaukee (5) districts though. Open primary + no dem primary means the liberal strongholds could be assets (especially the young anti-war voters). 3rd and 7th districts are intriguing too (especially if Ron continues his up-north effect). Have no hope for the 1st...

I would say you are right: 2nd, 3rd and fifth are Paul's best chances for wins in Wisconsin.

I am a veteran and student at UW-STOUT in MENONOMIE, WI. I am in the 3rd district.

I have limited funds but I will help if possible.

I have registered and begged my two softly-paul-supporting roommates to do the same. they have not. Hopefully they will still be able to vote.

sleffew49 -at- gmail -dot- com

Same day registration in Wisconsin, they can register and vote the same day.

One thing you can do with limited funds, is find out if the local cable access channel in town takes in self-made ads, and make one up for Ron Paul and have it run this week.

thanks, then you can count me in for at least 3 paul votes in Menomonie!

Quote Originally Posted by rpwi View Post
    How does Wisconsin's congressional delegate system works?

Know we have 8 districts...and 3 delegates a district (not counting the at-large delegates). Do the trio of delegates elected from each district go directly to the national conventions?

Also...did you find a state map of Paul results? All I can find are county results here:

http://elections.state.wi.us/docview...13360&locid=47

Fox River Valley will be a Santorum stronghold IMO (our state's bible-belt) and don't think we have a chance with the Oshkosh (6) nor Green Bay districts (8).

Think we might have a chance in the Madison (2) and Milwaukee (5) districts though. Open primary + no dem primary means the liberal strongholds could be assets (especially the young anti-war voters). 3rd and 7th districts are intriguing too (especially if Ron continues his up-north effect). Have no hope for the 1st...
    Six will almost certainly go to Santorum. Very religious area (in fact, the area from the Eastern shore of Winnebago to Lake Michigan is known as the "holyland").

I may be looking at an outdated map. Milwaukee appears to be mostly district 4. 5 seems to be the Western and Northern suburbs: Waukesha, Washington, and Ozaukee counties. Definite Romney win.

http://www.politicspa.com/slate-pa-e...sconsin/28660/

I'm gonna predict that 7, 3, 2, and 4 are big Paul areas, with Paul only winning 2.
    www.paultheway.com -Encourage Ron Paul To Run All the Way to the End.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Santorum can carry CD 7 and 8, possibly 3.

Romney will certainly carry 1, 4, 5, and 6

CD 2 will be interesting to watch, 3 too.

Quote Originally Posted by leffewture View Post
    I am a veteran and student at UW-STOUT in MENONOMIE, WI. I am in the 3rd district.

I have limited funds but I will help if possible.

I have registered and begged my two softly-paul-supporting roommates to do the same. they have not. Hopefully they will still be able to vote.

sleffew49 -at- gmail -dot- com
    What are you looking for? Do you have a chip-in?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Paul View Post
    I think Santorum can carry CD 7 and 8, possibly 3.

Romney will certainly carry 1, 4, 5, and 6

CD 2 will be interesting to watch, 3 too.
    You think Romney will take 6? I live in this district, and I doubt it. I can pretty much guarantee you that Santorum will win it. Hell, we have something like five or six 'Christian" radio stations on the FM band alone. People in this area are super religious. Don't forget either that two Muslim groups have recently tried setting up mosques in the district (Oshkosh, and Sheboygan Falls) which have certainly fired up the "christians" in the area the past few years.

i just voted and i brought 3 votes with me! 3rd Congressional District
    Last edited by leffewture; 04-03-2012 at 12:52 PM.
    AFSOC O.E.F. vet and current Student

I just voted (District 6), but alone. I've been annoying everyone I know to vote though. Got the evil look from one of the old ladies there, I think they're on to me as a Paul fan

And before anyone asks I was wearing khakis and an Eddie Bauer shirt. I have no piercings or Tattoos. Nothing to stand out, except my youth.

I reminded the co-workers that I converted to vote today. Three didn't realize the election was today.

RP got 10 percent in Pepin County, which doubles his vote from four years ago.

And I was re-elected to my county board unopposed with 72 votes. Thanks one and all!