Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian Anti-Terror Troops Arrive in Syria

Russian Anti-Terror Troops Arrive in Syria

Russian Anti-Terror Troops Arrive in Syria
    By KIRIT RADIA and RYM MOMTAZ | ABC News*–*4 hrs ago

A Russian military unit has arrived in Syria, according to Russian news reports, a development that a United Nations Security Council source told ABC News was "a bomb" certain to have serious repercussions.

Russia, one of President Bashar al-Assad's strongest allies despite international condemnation of the government's violent crackdown on the country's uprising, has repeatedly blocked the United Nations Security Council's attempts to halt the violence, accusing the U.S. and its allies of trying to start another war.

Now the Russian Black Sea fleet's Iman tanker has arrived in the Syrian port of Tartus on the Mediterranean Sea with an anti-terror squad from the Russian Marines aboard according to the Interfax news agency. The Assad government has insisted it is fighting a terrorist insurgency.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Obama gon' be pissed.

This could prevent more invasions in the Mid East.

I was reading the comments in the article and half the comments were how Obama is a weak president and that because he is weak the Russians decided that they could do what they want,the other half on the other hand was for sending weapons to the Syrian traitors so to bog down Russia.I really don't understand how people can be that stupid.

How many troops? I think an American squad is roughly 9 troops, so if they're accurately using the word squad and a Russian squad is about the same amount, this might not be anything to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by youngbuck View Post
    this might not be anything to worry about.
    9 Russian troops mean a lot to a US President considering invasion.

If it ended with 9 US troops facing down 9 Russian troops, you're looking at a potential international crisis.

Uh oh.. This means a proxy war...

How many troops? I think an American squad is roughly 9 troops, so if they're accurately using the word squad and a Russian squad is about the same amount, this might not be anything to worry about.
    Do you actually think a journalist for ABC would know what a squad actually is? For 99% of people a squad, platoon, even battalion just means a bunch of troops.

I don't get why people upset that US props up dictatorships are happy with Russia propping up a dictatorship.

I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to blowback for the Russians.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    I don't get why people upset that US props up dictatorships are happy with Russia propping up a dictatorship.

I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to blowback for the Russians.
    I just dislike the US/Israel/UK. Any roadblock in their quest for dominance of the Mid East makes me tingle.

Sh$t just got more complicated & interesting in Syria.

I wonder how many Russkies are really there & would western proxy forces terrorize/attack them?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesc View Post
    I just dislike the US/Israel/UK. Any roadblock in their quest for dominance of the Mid East makes me tingle.
    You dislike the US? Or you just dislike American policies?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

I think it's pretty obvious what he meant..

US = US government. I have much love for American people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    Uh oh.. This means a proxy war...
    Russia sells billions in arms to syria. Thus, protecting thier investment.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Obama gon' be pissed.

This could prevent more invasions in the Mid East.
    Remember when Obama was "apalled" at what was happening in Syria?
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-e...assad-1.376242

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

I'm surprised the Russians didn't go in and help Khaddafi.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eduardo89 View Post
    Do you actually think a journalist for ABC would know what a squad actually is? For 99% of people a squad, platoon, even battalion just means a bunch of troops.
    No, I don't expect them to know what a squad actually is, but they ought to if they're reporting on military-related events. I saw a picture of the supposed Russian troops on another site, and it only shows 5 troops.

If this really is a photo of the actual troops that arrived, perhaps it is only a squad. If a large battalion or something arrived, they'd likely want to take a picture of a greater number of troops to elicit whatever emotional response. So, maybe it was only a squad, and maybe they're doing nothing other than guarding their ship or protecting some diplomats.

Syria is terrified of the Free Syrian Army taking control of Damascus. If Russian troops start securing key parts of Damascus things will surely get really interesting.

I have doubts that the US will intervene and this is just more reason.
    “I'm real, Ron, I'm real!” — Rick Santorum
    “Congratulations.” — Ron Paul¹

SAVE BAKDASH!!!!

We mustn't let extremist militants and international forces destroy this important historical and cultural relic! Bakdash is important not just for Syria, but for the entire WORLD for its unique and important ice cream delicacies! Destroying it is equal to destroying an important historical site!

Heck, don't even touch Damascus! The people living there are INNOCENT, and do not deserve to have their beautiful city, and homes destroyed!

The only ones shouting "Allahu Akbar" are the terrorists!!!

Last edited by Lishy; 03-19-2012 at 10:30 PM.

How it used to work in the day , was , they would send in some Spetsnaz in civilian clothes ( probably , previously done before now ) . These guys would be somewhat equivelent to US Army Delta , then later they would bring in more in uniform. This could be all Spetnaz , or a mixture , there is also "V " , or Vympel . who used to do the KGB assasinations , and are counter terror now , there is SOS , SpeciaL Operations Service , there is Alpha ( a little less than 690 of them total ) , Alpha is counter terror. Alpha has about five units , one , nearly always in Chechnya . V has about four units , one usually in Chechyna , they rotate them in and out to where they are all there twice a year. V , can fly planes, A are Airborne marksmen with about one third , having diving training.
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-19-2012 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Russia sells billions in arms to syria. Thus, protecting thier investment.
    Quite frankly , this is correct , to the Russians , this is strictly about economics and the only Naval Base they have outside of the former Soviet Union , that I can think of .Leave them be and let them explain it .

9 Russian troops mean a lot to a US President considering invasion.

If it ended with 9 US troops facing down 9 Russian troops, you're looking at a potential international crisis.
    Well , guarantee you , they sent the best they have , avg training for an operative in the V ( The Pennant) , A ( Alfa ) or the SOS would be over five years , honed in Chechnya ,and guarantee you these guys are more experienced than that . I suspect they would also have full Access to Quds. Flights come , flights go ...
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-19-2012 at 11:09 PM.

No, I don't expect them to know what a squad actually is, but they ought to if they're reporting on military-related events. I saw a picture of the supposed Russian troops on another site, and it only shows 5 troops.

If this really is a photo of the actual troops that arrived, perhaps it is only a squad. If a large battalion or something arrived, they'd likely want to take a picture of a greater number of troops to elicit whatever emotional response. So, maybe it was only a squad, and maybe they're doing nothing other than guarding their ship or protecting some diplomats.
    Nah , you use marines to guard a ship , more than five , the SOS , does guard some govt officials in Moscow and the rest are in Chechnya , I know little about them , but plenty about the rest . I could hand pick five guys and give you a snapshot too , you would not think much of it , but a few weeks later , you would be amazed at what they may have been able to do . This , however , is not five guys , the fact that you see a photo , means there have been some on the ground for some time , making preperations , now they are ading the pc.'s to the puzzle that they feel they need to accomplish whatever the goal is.
    Last edited by oyarde; 03-19-2012 at 11:23 PM.

That photo is just to mis lead .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Quite frankly , this is correct , to the Russians , this is strictly about economics and the only Naval Base they have outside of the former Soviet Union , that I can think of .Leave them be and let them explain it .
    Maybe it's purely about economics, but I wouldn't be so sure. It almost seems like containment in reverse. Do the Soviets...err the Russians have a Kennan?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That photo is just to mis lead .
    I agree the two soldiers in the middle look very young and one is pretty skinny and one is sorta fat. They hand picked that photo to make the Russians look weak. The two soldiers on the side look a little more physically fit (not saying the other 2 aren't), just the appearance. It seems they're focusing in on the two in the middle also.

I have no idea , good question .... why would you bring that up ...... I got eighty five cents against .That is it .... takers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastynate View Post
    I agree the two soldiers in the middle look very young and one is pretty skinny and one is sorta fat. They hand picked that photo to make the Russians look weak. The two soldiers on the side look a little more physically fit (not saying the other 2 aren't), just the appearance. It seems they're focusing in on the two in the middle also.
    Chubby fellow , will not be on the ground in Assyria , fact is , he is the one with the ship patch. That photo , is BS. These are not Russian "counter terror" , you would have no photo of those operatives.....

Chubby fellow , will not be on the ground in Assyria , fact is , he is the one with the ship patch. That photo , is BS. These are not Russian "counter terror" , you would have no photo of those operatives.....
    Ah good point. But my analysis still stands, the photo makes the Russian military look weak with them focusing on the skinny solider and the chubby solider.

Spetzgruppa A (anti-terror special forces) have different uniforms anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast