Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $2000 Dollar Tea Party

There is no way I will be able to conjure up 2 grand, but I will spend equally that amount in time spent getting the word out.

I'm going to try to get 200 dollars, but as a high school student with no job, even this is somewhat difficult.
    tu ne cede malis

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krippy View Post
    There is no way I will be able to conjure up 2 grand, but I will spend equally that amount in time spent getting the word out.

I'm going to try to get 200 dollars, but as a high school student with no job, even this is somewhat difficult.
    Ask your principal if you can sell food (such as pizza) during lunch at school for this cause. Easy way to make a couple thousand.
    Ron Paul's heart is made out of gold. This greatly upsets the Federal Reserve.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    2,000 is way out of my league, though I would love to donate that amount.
    I'll donate as much as I can afford.

I'll try to speak with lots of family members this holiday weekend and hopefully can "bundle" $2,000 for 12/16

The money bomb is a great idea. Hope to see Ron in Boston on the 16th.

I sold all my stocks and I'm donating the money to Ron Paul.

Posting privileges under review

Quote Originally Posted by yaz View Post
    I don't know about that, I still think December 16th we should go all out.
    50 dollars per day, and you'll still have a very large chunk to give on the 16th, just a thought. I plan on maxing before that day, if I can.

Posting privileges under review

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Mosconi View Post
    2,000 is way out of my league, though I would love to donate that amount.
    I'll donate as much as I can afford.
    A true Patriot. Just remember what you also cannot afford... to lose. Dig deep, and Ron Paul will dig deep for you. We're all doing what we can, and nobody is taking your help for granted.

Ron Paul said organizers expect a Dec. 16 fundraising blitz to bring in more than the $4.2 million a similar event raised on Nov. 5, an ``astounding'' amount.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...xFg&refer=home

It's clear that Dr. Paul expects us to step up again and make a huge splash on 12/16
    Last edited by LiveFreeorDie; 11-23-2007 at 05:24 PM.

Yes those comments by Ron Paul override the previous comments, he wants it to be big too.

Heya, anyone who's already reached the limit, we need more letter writers and supplies for the Iowa Letter Writing Campaign! Check out this thread and look in the ron paul meetup groups. ( http:// ronpaul.meetup. com/ )

Writing letters is a particularly good way for folks to help out if they have already reached their limit on donating.
    Beyond the Presidency - Running for office ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret Mead
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.
    My wife and I are proud members of the 2300 club!

I voted for Dr. Paul on Jan. 8th, 2008!

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've noticed a huge support for Barack Obama in Iowa so theses are votes we can probably switch to Ron Paul if it is an open primary.

Bump! Anyone who has already maxed out can further contribute by telling people about Ron Paul and why you did max out! Write letters to Iowa!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40590

I have about 300 more names/addresses, and there are several contacts for more names in the thread.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has.

for every dollar short of 2,300 we should write a letter to someone in iowa.

I love your sig Yaz.

I attempted to donate $1000 on the 5th only to find it was declined. Turns out I have a $600 debit and $2000 credit limit on the card I used. What a pain in the ass.

What's the best way to circumvent this problem and drop $2300 on Dec 16th? A check is too slow. I have no real "credit" cards. Maybe break it up into repeated $500 donations all day?

I would love to get a site going where people can sign up to pledge more than $100 and encourage others to do the same. This is my personal project at the moment. Would love some technical help on this.

eh.. i dont think i can do $2000.. my credit limit only goes so high.. and I need some of it for other campaign activities.

but I'll do $500
    Patrick Krott
    for Alternate Delegate
    CD3 Pennsylvania

PKrott@gmail.com

the TRUE CONSERVATIVE flyers: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=116729

Heya, I am donating roughly $50 a day but will donate $100 on the 30th and max out on the 16th. If you do it on a daily basis you keep the flows up and also get to your max by the tea party.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNight View Post
    I attempted to donate $1000 on the 5th only to find it was declined. Turns out I have a $600 debit and $2000 credit limit on the card I used. What a pain in the ass.

What's the best way to circumvent this problem and drop $2300 on Dec 16th? A check is too slow. I have no real "credit" cards. Maybe break it up into repeated $500 donations all day?
    paypal.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

After watching his speech after the debate, Ron Paul has sold me, The number of friends that tell me they would actively support Ron Paul if he won the primary has greatly overpowered the ones who say he doesn't have a chance. Sending my $2100 on Dec 16th will max my donation ($100 today and $100 at previous bomb) and I accomplished it by selling an old set of wheels in the garage, a old refrigerator in storage, and a trampoline (children are in college) on my local section of craigslist (www.craigslist.org).

Easy money and helped me clean out the house.

This is obviously the time to give it all (hitting the news before the primary will make a difference) so I am putting a few more items up this week and donating half of my paycheck to max my wife out as well.

"No army can stop an idea whose time has come"

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulin View Post
    After watching his speech after the debate, Ron Paul has sold me, The number of friends that tell me they would actively support Ron Paul if he won the primary has greatly overpowered the ones who say he doesn't have a chance. Sending my $2100 on Dec 16th will max my donation ($100 today and $100 at previous bomb) and I accomplished it by selling an old set of wheels in the garage, a old refrigerator in storage, and a trampoline (children are in college) on my local section of craigslist (www.craigslist.org).

This is obviously the time to give it all (hitting the news before the primary will make a difference) so I am putting a few more items up this week and donating half of my paycheck to max my wife out as well.

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulin View Post

VERY commendable!!

More people should follow your example - everyone has some sort of old junk lying around that is probably worth some money....

You Rock! We should all be taking such steps. I'm flying or taking a train from Texas to Iowa to help the campaign and go door to door. All we need is 25,000 votes.

^^

There should be another pledge for this. "I pledge not only to give 100 on Dec 16, but 2000!" I would like to know how many people are trying this anyway. A poll is easier.

This is a must. It's really not that hard, just sell a TV or random objects.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The night of the 15th I will send a status update to the thousands of people that have pledged on pledgeforpaul.com. I will include a significant plug about donating on the 16th.

cool website

I'll hold for the next two weeks, then drop $1,210.47, and will be maxed out. My wife will drop $1675, and be maxed out.

At first I was going to just donate a 100 like on the 5th. Then it went up to 150...175...200...234...234 years since the Boston Tea Party.

Now I am spending money to buy 100 RP T-shirts and sell them here locally to donate the profits. Besides that I'm buying a box or three of those new slim jims.

So I'm giving 100 for the TeaParty buying 100 T-shirts and bringing 9 guest to the TeaParty.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast