Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City to Supporter: Ron Paul Signs Must Come Down

City to Supporter: Ron Paul Signs Must Come Down

"Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been contemplating a sign that covers the entire side of my barn. Now I'm going to do it.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

The new America. You really think you own your property?
    Rand Paul 2016

Angry

What the $#@!?!! I would be fighting this with every inch of my soul!

I would engrave the signs in granite.
    Last edited by revned; 03-18-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulfollower999 View Post
    The new America. You really think you own your property?
    nope
    http://www.examiner.com/finance-exam...l-us-resources
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Im sure there isnt any code against flying flags, he should copy it to the back side, mount it on a pole and fly that baby over his house.

How is this not a violation of the First Amendment? Could anyone explain this to me? I'd be taking this to the Supreme Court even if it bankrupted me.

It happened to me too....with my condo association...they forced me to remove a Ron Paul car decal from my car.

The letter that I got said

"Please abide by these Master Association Covenants, page 11
    section 7.8 which states "No sign, poster, display, billboard or
    other advertising device of any kind shall be displayed to the
    public view on any portion of the common area"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Someone care to come into this thread and explain to everyone why we should all just let four more years of this stuff pile up while we wait for 2016?
    Or OOooooooo I know, perhaps Willard will save us if only we can convince him to give Paul a VP slot? yeah?? *fake manic face*

Sorry, snarky mood at the moment. In all seriousness I really hope that reports like this start to get more widely read so that people will understand we're under the gun as it is let alone how bad we will be if anyone BUT Paul is elected this year.

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    It happened to me too....with my condo association...they forced me to remove a Ron Paul car decal from my car.

Do you have school of choice in your state? Those 'my kid is an honor roll student at XXX school' bumper stickers could be considered advertising...
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

Not enough information here to issue a judgement.... if it is an HoA he is SoL. If it is truly the city it has been shown time, and time again that they cannot make you remove a political sign if ANY other signs are allowed in the city.

"all political signs need to come down no later than a week after the state's caucus."

WTF is that bull$#@!? if I want to have a sign ive a sign inn MY yard, then I'm going to have a sign in my yard.
    "Can't get healthcare to our old people, can't educate our young people, but we can bomb the sh*t out of your country alright" - George Carlin

"We're in two wars that are costing us trillions of dollars. Those trillions of dollars should have been left in the economy to build jobs and produce prosperity here at home" - Ron Paul

"We spend 1.5 trillion dollars overseas in wars we don't need to be in and we need to cut there. And then put that money back into our economy here." - Ron Paul

I'm in TN and my signs are staying up come hell or high water. I was thinking 2016 or until the helicopters start flying over. If they make me take my signs down I have a 20-50' barn that will get a fresh coat of paint

I heard the ACLU has been dominating towns in court over this. I don't think they've lost a single lawsuit and the towns end up having to strike their laws from the lawbooks. When I have time, I'll search for some sources to back this up.

- ML

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    I've been contemplating a sign that covers the entire side of my barn. Now I'm going to do it.
    Go here -- http://www.echodgraphics.com/OrderBa...spx?bannerid=2 --- Best price in town for gigantic banners/billboards.

TMike
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

My response to them would be.

"Well, considering that my 1st Amendment rights no longer apply. I'll just be avoiding my taxes now. If you can't fulfill the job requirements, you shouldn't have taken the job."
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Do you have school of choice in your state? Those 'my kid is an honor roll student at XXX school' bumper stickers could be considered advertising...
    I'd be all over anyone with a bumper sticker. Fair is fair.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    I'm in TN and my signs are staying up come hell or high water. I was thinking 2016 or until the helicopters start flying over. If they make me take my signs down I have a 20-50' barn that will get a fresh coat of paint
    Working on mine right now.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post

My land lord tried to pull the same crap...to bad for him it wasnt in the lease. Ill put up an extra 1 for you.
    Last edited by TomtheTinker; 03-18-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    "The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." —Jeff Cooper

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette View Post
    Im sure there isnt any code against flying flags, he should copy it to the back side, mount it on a pole and fly that baby over his house.
    There have actually been quite a few cases of people forced to take down flags based on size limitations.

To be honest...I am pretty sure no one just inherently against this has ever or think they WILL ever be a home owner. Because if you were, you would not want the value of your home devalued by a too large flag or banner. And yes, this DOES affect the value of all homes in the area. And even if you don't intend n selling your home, having it devalued does negatively affect you if you ever want to take a loan for any reason.

Your rights end when it infringes on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Capp View Post
    There have actually been quite a few cases of people forced to take down flags based on size limitations.

To be honest...I am pretty sure no one just inherently against this has ever or think they WILL ever be a home owner. Because if you were, you would not want the value of your home devalued by a too large flag or banner. And yes, this DOES affect the value of all homes in the area. And even if you don't intend n selling your home, having it devalued does negatively affect you if you ever want to take a loan for any reason.

You mean like invasive actions which simultaneously strip them of their free speech and disposition of their own property?

LOL wot?

I am pretty sure that Michael Landon is right about the ACLU and their win record on this topic.

This is exactly right. Anybody who disagrees is just siding with the Ron Paul banner, not the law. This isn't about freedom of speech, it's about affecting your neighbors home value. I'm sure the city would also send him a letter if he made a giant banner that read "PEANUT BUTTER IS GREAT ON TOAST" and hung it all up on the side of his house.

If you want to do whatever you want on your property, buy a house where your closest neighbor is half a mile away.

Quote Originally Posted by PolicyReader View Post
    Someone care to come into this thread and explain to everyone why we should all just let four more years of this stuff pile up while we wait for 2016?
    Or OOooooooo I know, perhaps Willard will save us if only we can convince him to give Paul a VP slot? yeah?? *fake manic face*

Sorry, snarky mood at the moment. In all seriousness I really hope that reports like this start to get more widely read so that people will understand we're under the gun as it is let alone how bad we will be if anyone BUT Paul is elected this year.
    Who said to wait? No one that I saw. Start doing what you can to change the laws in your own community.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A sign? Looks like he's using a tarp for privacy so people cant look into his front window which happens to have some duct tape on it
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Quote Originally Posted by kathy88 View Post
    YESSS!!!

Blowback! We are going to have signs everywhere. Forever!

These fascists will lose. They will lose. We will never surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by tom7126 View Post
    This is exactly right. Anybody who disagrees is just siding with the Ron Paul banner, not the law. This isn't about freedom of speech, it's about affecting your neighbors home value. I'm sure the city would also send him a letter if he made a giant banner that read "PEANUT BUTTER IS GREAT ON TOAST" and hung it all up on the side of his house.

If you want to do whatever you want on your property, buy a house where your closest neighbor is half a mile away.
    Let's see, which is the more reasonable choice "respectfully ask your neighbor to take down a sign while the assessor comes by"
    Or
    "make a law barring the free use and personal expression of an individual based on a subjective concept of value"
    (let us grapple with these difficult and obscure concepts shall we?)

yeah that's hard, and don't even try to start with any claims that property value isn't subjective, the market is not static and assessor wouldn't even be a profession if values weren't subjective.

"Anybody who disagrees is just juggling toucans. If you want to dictate value and expression go live in China."
    ^See I can play that game too but it's not very persuasive, nor is it actually all that reasonable.
    This type of attitude and rhetoric are the same kinds of things which are employed to shut down family farms, push people out of their homes so business can take over the land, and justify various "right of imminent domain" claims.

Want to build wind turbines on your land? Can't eyesore, property values.
    Want to run a generator on your land? Can't noise pollution, property values.
    Want to keep a cow, a goat, or chickens? Can't property values.
    Want to use a different (say native to the climate and region) breed of grass in your lawn? Can't property values.
    Need to mow your lawn less frequently than once a week (say your sick, or out of town, or injured). Fined, infraction, justification, damage to property values.
    Considering putting up a clubhouse for your kids? Can't property values.
    Have a personal aesthetic you'd like to express that isn't based around beige tones? Can't property values.

I would like to note that none of the above are hypothetical, that's just a short list of the actual legal infractions that I and others I know personally have dealt with. And we're not even talking about 'home owners associations" or anything to do with condos here, those tend to get even more egregiously invasive.
    Last edited by PolicyReader; 03-18-2012 at 11:14 PM.

I am pretty sure no one just inherently against this has ever or think they WILL ever be a home owner. Because if you were, you would not want the value of your home devalued by a too large flag or banner.
    Ha! Capp, you (must not be insulting, must not be insulting...) appear to not place a very high value on that quality we call "LIBERTY."

I probably own more homes than you ever will. And what's very important to me is that I be left alone in freedom to manage my own life and affairs. If my next-door neighbor has not mowed his lawn for 4 years, fine. I'll just tell myself he's doing a prairie restoration. Maybe I'll build a fence to try to keep the weeds from spreading. But I will not complain nor call down the Iron Fist upon him, because what's very important to me is that he respect my liberty if I'm doing something that he may or may not approve of.

You don't own the value of your home. Your home's value just consists of subjective ideas in other people's brains. You don't own other people's brains. You own your home. What people are willing to pay you for it is their concern, and their prerogative. If you did "own" the value of your home, that would mean that everyone else does too, and that would mean that you don't actually own your home, because others would be able to boss you around however they wanted in a mad and futile quest to control the values of their own homes. So the two ideas are mutually contradictory. Either you actually own the property, or you somehow (impossibly) attempt to "own" the value. Take your pick.

If i was looking for a house i would likely pay more if the neighbor was a Ron Paul supporter.
    Good living starts with good neighbors.

Quote Originally Posted by Khun Jean View Post
    If i was looking for a house i would likely pay more if the neighbor was a Ron Paul supporter.
    Good living starts with good neighbors.
    This. My neighbor is a straight up $#@!. Makes life a tad uneasy. Called the cops on my kids band for practicing at 5:00 in the afternoon in our barn with the doors closed. Then went around the neighborhood (very rural - houses far apart) and tried to petition the neighbors to get a noise ordinance in the township. My husband snuck up into the woods behind his house and set off an automatic crow call for like 6 hours. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. He called the cops again.
    —Charles Mackay

-Anonymous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast