View Poll Results: Do you support/oppose Obama impeachment Bill just introduced in Congress?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Support it

49 90.74%
  • Oppose it

2 3.70%
  • Confused/unsure

3 5.56%

Thread: Would you support/oppose Obama impeachment Bill just introduced in Congress?

Would you support/oppose Obama impeachment Bill just introduced in Congress?

Would you support/oppose Obama impeachment Bill just introduced in Congress?

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=13656

To quantify general sentiment, poll is attached.
    Last edited by moderate libertarian; 03-18-2012 at 09:45 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Neither (not a poll option)

I think it is pointless and a distraction.
    I expect that it has no hope of success even though there are grounds.

The present puppet is not the real problem.. The puppet masters are.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

Under current framrwork, puppet masters can't be directly impeached through votes but by exposing them and by increasing awareness.

Impeachment of a puppet is a rebuke of those associated with the puppet also including the puppet masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini-Me View Post
    RP is right. GOP sense of morality was deeply screwed up and charges were gravely misplaced.

Obama is doing many times more than what RP accused Clinton of.
    Last edited by moderate libertarian; 03-18-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    Under current framrwork, puppet masters can't be directly impeached through votes but by exposing them and by increasing awareness.

Impeachment of a puppet is a rebuke of those associated with the puppet also including the puppet masters.
    Perhaps.
    but I neither support nor oppose it. I will watch the show,, but in the end I expect it to make no difference one way or the other.

It's theatrics.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 03-18-2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Perhaps.
    but I neither support nor oppose it. I will watch the show,, but in the end I expect it to make no difference one way or the other.

It's theatrics.
    Ok and I see the point behind your arguement. But everyone including the President should be held accountable when high crimes occur. If Obama tried to use "I was just following orders" defense in case such impeachment hearings ensued, such a defense will and should not work.

Your views I have read in discussions here are very informed and insightful. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this issue.
    Last edited by moderate libertarian; 03-18-2012 at 10:12 AM.

I support it as a symbolic gesture that we the people are taking a stand for the Constitution.
    You should do your job because it's your job. Because you're the person standing there doing that thing. So just do it. Do the shit out of it. -Louis C.K.

Support it. The guy's a criminal.
    Please visit the Free Talk Live YouTube Channel

My twitter: @Samuel_E_Amer
    The best liberty videos on YouTube: Freedom

The Philosophy of Liberty
    www.mises.org
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

The Potential of the Free State Project

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pen_thief View Post
    I support it as a symbolic gesture that we the people are taking a stand for the Constitution.
    Good point.

The current Bill according to how I understand it is nothing more than "Party" showmanship. It's all based on if Obama does this or that in the future.

I would support a Bill that actually went for impeachment today as there are many issues Obama can be impeached on.
    If Rand does not win the Republican nomination, he should buck the controlled two party system and run as an Independent for President in 2016 and give Americans a real option to vote for.

We are all born libertarians then something goes really wrong. Despite this truth, most people are still libertarians yet not know it.

Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    But everyone including the President should be held accountable when high crimes occur.
    I agree with this 100%. Should be.

The reality is that they are not. Have not been for generations.

There simple are not enough of us committed to dragging them out and hanging them publicly yet.
    And not in the foreseeable future.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty74 View Post
    The current Bill according to how I understand it is nothing more than "Party" showmanship.

This. Some congressman is worried about his reelection chances and is waggling his neoconservative dick around a bit to remind everyone how big it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Domalais View Post
    This. Some congressman is worried about his reelection chances and is waggling his neoconservative dick around a bit to remind everyone how big it is.
    You mean this neoconservative dick?

http://jones.house.gov/News/Document...umentID=284353
    Last edited by FrancisMarion; 03-18-2012 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancisMarion View Post
    You mean this neoconservative dick?

http://jones.house.gov/News/Document...umentID=284353
    Good video.

Absolutely. Rule of Law should be sustained, always.
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

@Mini-me: That video is always amazing to me.

And yeah, I think he should be impeached. Although as RP said once before "The terms of the impeachment are too mild".

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crotale View Post
    Support it. The guy's a criminal.
    Criminals should be in prison.

I would because he has violated his oath to protect and defend the consitution.

It's a sad day when impeachment is used as a political weapon.
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Neither (not a poll option)

I think it is pointless and a distraction.
    I expect that it has no hope of success even though there are grounds.

The present puppet is not the real problem.. The puppet masters are.
    I support it, but I understand what you mean, pcosmar. However, I think by holding impeachment proceedings on Congress' Constitutional authority to declare war, we may shift some neo-cons out of their aggressive war stance. Many may just go along because they will disagree with Obama on anyting, but some will look deeper and maybe learn a bit about what Ron Paul has been saying on FP. I think that impeachment would hurt quite a few of the puppet masters, as well, since some of them cannot avoid being associated with the administration if the impeachment is successful.

Timing it to start within a couple of months could hurt his re-election campaign no matter what the outcome. It may be the only hope the GOP has if they don't nominate Ron Paul. I'm still not sure they could win it without us, even in that scenario.
    Once you go Paul...

Twitter: @ChanceP83

The article is confusing me:

I thought articles of impeachment addressed some specific action already committed. In this case, they only seem to affirm what is already stated/implied in the Constitution. So these "articles of impeachment" seem to take on a strange form of a generalized warning. I mean, since no one is accused of anything, whom would the Senate try if the articles were approved in the House?

Corollary: Are these really "articles of impeachment?"
    Last edited by anaconda; 03-19-2012 at 01:00 PM.

bump for how can these be articles of impeachment when no one is being presently accused?

Quote Originally Posted by Xhin View Post
    @Mini-me: That video is always amazing to me.

And yeah, I think he should be impeached. Although as RP said once before "The terms of the impeachment are too mild".
    The bill is all around much too mild, inasmuch as it makes no move to actually impeach Obama or take any direct action at all, instead simply offering a statement in the abstract; however, that statement in the abstract is a good and righteous one, and it would certainly be gratifying to see it adopted.

I have begun to believe, just in the last week or so, that the system is even more iron fisted and corrupt than I could previously wrap my brain around. So the question is moot. There will be nothing close to an impeachment. It matters not whether you support it. The Congress is essentially irrelevant.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I support it but I know if it ever passed it wouldn't be for the right reasons. If the people truly understood the gravity of his crimes and impeached him then I would be a lot more enthusiastic about it.

Any one Bill may not be perfect but if is in the general right direction, then this is a good question to be raised at this time imo. This is the only such Bill introduced by anyone in Congress so far, so for just making some people ponder this issue it deserves attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblegeorge View Post
    I would because he has violated his oath to protect and defend the consitution.
    What if he invoked age old defense and said that he was just following his masters' orders?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    The article is confusing me:

I thought articles of impeachment addressed some specific action already committed. In this case, they only seem to affirm what is already stated/implied in the Constitution. So these "articles of impeachment" seem to take on a strange form of a generalized warning. I mean, since no one is accused of anything, whom would the Senate try if the articles were approved in the House?

Corollary: Are these really "articles of impeachment?"
    Won't be surprised if additional articles/Bills are introduced down the road and first Bill was just the door opener.
    But I see your point as thread title just referred to one specific Bill that has been introduced so far.