Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you are a Ron Paul delegate DO NOT sign up for Americans Elect (Video)

Exclamation If you are a Ron Paul delegate DO NOT sign up for Americans Elect (Video)

Hat tip to cutmemick for sharing this video.

In short: It is a conflict of interest for you to be signed up with Americans Elect AND be a delegate. It is apparently against the rules and your position as a delegate will be discredited if you are participating in this.

However, if you are not a Ron Paul delegate than you are encouraged to sign up and support him on Americans Elect.
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ALSO it lets them know who supports who. I did just think of that. It clearly is pushing for corporatist mushy middle types and why there is a mechanical way around that by picking one from the right and one from the left, people of that mindset do not have our interests at heart. Other than delegates, it is anyone's choice, of course, but I agree if you are a delegate, or might become one, it is probably best to avoid this.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

ok i will not sign up for it then!! wouldnt even know how to, but thanks for pointing it out, i will not sign up!! if ron paul wins my county, im a delegate going straight to tampa!

Conspiracy theories. It's legit, and has been validated by three independent security agencies.

Where

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    ALSO it lets them know who supports who. I did just think of that. It clearly is pushing for corporatist mushy middle types and why there is a mechanical way around that by picking one from the right and one from the left, people of that mindset do not have our interests at heart. Other than delegates, it is anyone's choice, of course, but I agree if you are a delegate, or might become one, it is probably best to avoid this.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

Weren't these America Elect pushing for Internet voting?

They're certainly doing candidate selection through the internet.

Just say NO!
    Last edited by RonRules; 03-18-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Unhappy already signed up for the stupid site

So I already signed up for the stupid site it looks like you just go vote there wouldn't see how it would affect you being a delegate or anything like that............ but because I am working to be a Utah Presidential delegate I went to the site withdrew my votes and deleted my account just to be safe If I am already screwed and cant be one now let me know so I don't waste my time doing all the work it takes to be one
    Last edited by farmboynate; 03-18-2012 at 12:02 PM.

^^ No, you're okay I'm guessing. It's just that in politics they like to dig into everything and find any reason they can to kick out RP delegates IMO.
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

It will depend on your state. If your state has an open primary (don't need to be registered GOP to vote in the primary) you should be ok being a delegate and participating Americans elect. If you are in a closed primary state, they can rightfully remove you as a delegate, it's the same as belonging to an opposing party.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You should make sure that you are still registered as a Republican...
    Depending on what state you are in.. depends on if that state required that they be registered as a PARTY.. NV is one that required this message..

As of March 2012, Americans Elect has gained ballot status in 18 states: Alaska,[26] Arizona,[26] Arkansas,[27] California,[28][29] Colorado,[30] Florida,[31] Kansas,[26] Maine,[32] Michigan,[31] Mississippi,[33] Nevada,[26] Ohio,[34] Rhode Island,[35] Utah,[36] Vermont[37] New Mexico[38] Montana[39] and Wyoming.[40]

As of February 2012, certification is pending in Hawaii.[41]

As of December 2011, signatures for fifteen other states were being collected.[29]

Americans Elect is in the process of securing a line on the ballot in all 50 states for a ticket to be named directly by the people through the first-ever online nominating convention. Any registered voter can sign up to participate as a Delegate at AmericansElect.org.[42] The organization is attempting the process of being accredited in every US state, allowing it to place candidates on presidential ballots nationwide.[7]

In order to obtain ballot access nationwide, some states' guidelines require Americans Elect to register as a political party,[10] even though federal courts have ruled[5] they are not a traditional political party.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America...#Ballot_status

There is not enough clarification .... if your state requires that be a registered Republican to vote in the primaries.. do not change parties until after your primary.. Delegates cannot change parties and be a Republican delegate.

Quote Originally Posted by RonRules View Post
    Weren't these America Elect pushing for Internet voting?

They're certainly doing candidate selection through the internet.

Just say NO!
    Yes, just say no. American's Elect is unverifiable Internet voting. Talk about your vote not counting for anything...

You have to be a Republican to be a delegate for the Republican Party.. Why would they allow a Democrat to have a say in who their nominee is? I don't believe that in open primaries the rules for delegates is the same as the voters..

He clearly states not to join unless your primary/caucus is over... that is everyone.

1.) Get a mod to look at this

2.) Get a mod to sticky this

3.) Get a mod to post this on the front page website
    ===================================

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    Yes, just say no. American's Elect is unverifiable Internet voting...
    run by a certain Lady Rothschild.

delegate or not, i would NOT associate with this !
    Ron Paul 2012: Liberty, Peace and Prosperity for America !

Ron Paul: Predictions of 24 April 2002 - see how many came true
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGDisyWkIBM

Vote On Principles, Defend Our Constitution, Follow the Path shown by the Founders !

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    America's Elect is run by the Rothschild family.

How many times must we say it?? Do NOT associate with them.
    "It is not enough these days to simply question authority. You must speak with it, too."
    -Taylor Mali

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

the conflict of interest angle is a priority and a good reason to sticky this thread.

How to OPT OUT!
    The e-mail address is info@americanselect.org. People need to put "Terminate account immediately!" (or something similar) in the subject field, so it won't get buried.

I simply told them that it had come to my attention that participation on their website could jeopardize someone's ability to become a delegate for a GOP candidate, and I do not want to create a conflict of interest.

I asked them to delete my account and all of my information immediately.

My guess is they aren't going to be too thrilled about it, because they use an "outside" firm to gather information. I'm guessing a place like Intellius or something, because they did already know a lot about me.

I'm sure that isn't free to them.

However, a person that has the option to sign up, must always have the option to opt out.

YOU NEED TO PRINT OUT THE E-MAIL YOU SENT..

You also need to then opt out of the acct on line and close it..

*response is that your information will be retained for legal purpose!

save & print where you cancelled your acct.

If you log onto your AE account, beside your name on the upper left-hand corner is "My Account". Click on that. Over to the right you will see "Delete my account." A pop-up comes up saying your account will be deleted and all information will be erased, then click on "Delete my Account." Whew. Problem solved. I honestly did not see this yesterday, and I was looking hard, so maybe they realized a lot of people would be opting out over the newfound info.

Too many people have signed onto this.. Agreed stay away!

I was an AE member before I was elected as a delegate in Georgia, Georgia has an open primary and I don't think AE is even a registered party in Georgia, still not taking any chances though. Account deleted.

Whoever claimed

This is the Email I got back from Americans elect....
    Dear Nathan,

"Thanks for your email. Being a delegate with Americans Elect does not prevent you from participating in your party’s primary, or serving as a delegate. As our website states, we have no political ideology and do not endorse any position or candidate. We are not a 3rd party; we are an alternative election process.

If you still wish to cancel your account, click on My Account in the upper left, and follow links to cancel your account. Sorry to see you go!

Best,

Janna and the AE Team"

Quote Originally Posted by farmboynate View Post
    This is the Email I got back from Americans elect....
    Dear Nathan,

"Thanks for your email. Being a delegate with Americans Elect does not prevent you from participating in your party’s primary, or serving as a delegate. As our website states, we have no political ideology and do not endorse any position or candidate. We are not a 3rd party; we are an alternative election process.

If you still wish to cancel your account, click on My Account in the upper left, and follow links to cancel your account. Sorry to see you go!

Best,

Janna and the AE Team"
    Yeah, you can still participate in the primary and be a delegate, but would it surprise you if the Romney camp did some digging, found out you were signed up with AE, supported a specific candidate (Ron Paul) and thus having them challenging your status as a delegate?
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    if we are GOP registered and about to run for office,
    being AE registered could be 'ammo' down the road
    for any opponent. if one cannot endure or stomach
    the way the current GOP does things, AE is an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    if we are GOP registered and about to run for office,
    being AE registered could be 'ammo' down the road
    for any opponent. if one cannot endure or stomach
    the way the current GOP does things, AE is an option.

This is a bull$#@! hysterical drama queen post. The video starts out by saying "it's been officially determined..." - by whom?

The fact that the OP is posting it multiple times only serves to strengthen my hunch that this is propaganda being spread by the GOP because they don't want Paul to have any shot at all in a 3rd party run.

The GOP routinely takes Democrats into their party - it's absolutely ridiculous to think that 4 years down the road this affiliation will get you blackballed.

As for the current year, those rules vary from state to state. Like I pointed out in the other thread, in Michigan, we literally have GOP delegates running for office on the Libertarian ticket, against Republicans.

But in these forums, the tin foil hats rule, I guess. Our founders fought a revolutionary war. We mired down fighting a reactionary war.
    Last edited by angelatc; 03-20-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    ALSO it lets them know who supports who. I did just think of that. It clearly is pushing for corporatist mushy middle types and why there is a mechanical way around that by picking one from the right and one from the left, people of that mindset do not have our interests at heart..
    Yeah, because a Ron Paul / David Walker ticket would totally suck? And while I'd be less than thrilled, a Ron Paul / Dennis Kucinich pairing would likely glean interest.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    The fact that the OP is posting it multiple times only serves to strengthen my hunch that this is propaganda being spread by the GOP because they don't want Paul to have any shot at all in a 3rd party run.
    multiple times?
    I'm starting to think that the Mayans were right about 2012. Ron Paul will change the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor8000 View Post
    multiple times?
    Yes, he posted it at least twice so far.

My fault. I saw that both posters has shiny new join dates, and assumed it was the same person. While it may indeed be the same person, there are two diff user names attached to the posts. Therefore, I amend my statement to pluralize the word "plant" in my theory.
    Last edited by angelatc; 03-20-2012 at 12:50 PM.

keep in mind that i have been floating the trial balloon that rand could be
    a veep guy on the GOP ticket at the same time as Dr. Ron goes 3rd party.
    we all who remember 1988 know the GOP establishment has never forgiven
    the good doctor for his Libertarian potus run that took on veep H.W as we
    all can sense that rand paul IS a major contender for the GOP NOM in 2016!
    mark my words, good ole Intrade will soon start to take bets on the 2016 race!
    angelatc!!! why don't you organize for AE and keep them honest as i punge into
    the local massachusetts GOP and try to "good government" my home state proper?
    Last edited by Aratus; 03-20-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: the fix is in for mitt romney, most likely?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast