Thread: UPDATE from 36th District Caucus in Seattle, WA

UPDATE from 36th District Caucus in Seattle, WA

I'm at it right now, an alternate who couldn't vote. There was a lot of fighting early on as we took over with the chair and started what should be labeled a 'caucus coup'. GOP likely ran off with the bubble-sheet ballots when we took over, there was a lot of confusion over how to keep the voting legit now that the ballots that were supposed to be here vanished. Motions rose to kick our chair out after voting ended and chaos reigned, which ended with a resounding spartan-like "NAY!" during voting on the motion. Very awesome. Some guy on an oxygen tank requested for us to hurry up before he ran out of air, people rose to volunteer tanks they apparently had lying around. Very bizarre and funny.

6 hours later, looks like we took the ENTIRE slate of delegates. Congrats North Seattle, I hope we keep this up everywhere. Go Ron Paul!

EDIT: CONFIRMED. These 21 delegates are going straight to the State caucuses.
    Last edited by RabbitMan; 03-17-2012 at 04:52 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    woot! I just posted a tweet on this.

That is funny, but also really nice, that people just had spare tanks of oxygen lying around to share...
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    that people just had spare tanks of oxygen lying around to share...
    More than one senior on oxygen there, and some came prepared! That is really cool!

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    I'm at it right now, an alternate who couldn't vote. There was a lot of fighting early on as we took over with the chair and started what should be labeled a 'caucus coup'. GOP likely ran off with the bubble-sheet ballots when we took over, there was a lot of confusion over how to keep the voting legit now that the ballots that were supposed to be here vanished. Motions rose to kick our chair out after voting ended and chaos reigned, which ended with a resounding spartan-like "NAY!" during voting on the motion. Very awesome. Some guy on an oxygen tank requested for us to hurry up before he ran out of air, people rose to volunteer tanks they apparently had lying around. Very bizarre and funny.

6 hours later, looks like we took the ENTIRE slate of delegates. Congrats North Seattle, I hope we keep this up everywhere. Go Ron Paul!

Wow! Way to go on handling the caucus chaos - that can be very hard.
    Thank you for all of your service Ron Paul. You have awakened a great number of liberty minded folks, and inspired many to run for office themselves.

I love days when we are ON. This is one of those.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

Yes! Victory! Take that, GOP! Just take it! I advise you home and cry to your mommies. Oh, what do you know, they didn't even need me -- that's exactly what they did.

WAAHHHH!!

46th district in north seattle..

Was at the 46th district caucus today as well (North Seattle), Paul swept the floor and took every single delegate..Ron Paul 20, New World Order 0

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hutch41 View Post
    Was at the 46th district caucus today as well (North Seattle), Paul swept the floor and took every single delegate..Ron Paul 20, New World Order 0
    Woot!!
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

All this delegate news is making me very happy! It's nice to see good news after all the defeatist stuff I've been seeing.

Thanks for so much for all your efforts in getting this done. Major +rep!!!!!!!
    ‎"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." -Einstein

Wonderful!
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

+rep all day
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

I can't wait to go to the Snohomish county convention, I expect a lot of Romney but hopefully we pull it off. Lets keep rolling and sweeping king county

Quote Originally Posted by RPit View Post
    I can't wait to go to the Snohomish county convention, I expect a lot of Romney but hopefully we pull it off. Lets keep rolling and sweeping king county
    outf#ckingstanding guys. you guys in the other districts killed it. give 'em hell in Snohomish.

for a bit of reference on how significant these things are - there are 49 districts in Washington State. we are looking to do well in Spokane and down south (Vancouver area) but this area in King County sent very few delegates to State last go around. as a state we sent 4 RP delegates out of 33 or 34 last time. this time WA is sending over 40 - and a high-aiming projection is that we can get most if not all of these. then the 3 auto-delegates may or may not side with freedom as well.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by surf View Post
    outf#ckingstanding guys. you guys in the other districts killed it. give 'em hell in Snohomish.

for a bit of reference on how significant these things are - there are 49 districts in Washington State. we are looking to do well in Spokane and down south (Vancouver area) but this area in King County sent very few delegates to State last go around. as a state we sent 4 RP delegates out of 33 or 34 last time. this time WA is sending over 40 - and a high-aiming projection is that we can get most if not all of these. then the 3 auto-delegates may or may not side with freedom as well.
    Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by PolicyReader View Post
    Wonderful!
    Absolutely^^^

PS: PolicyReader has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Can someone tell me again how we didn't win the state's popular vote? I am supposed to believe that the other candidates somehow outnumbered ours? I struggle with that for some reason..
    No - No - No - No

Guys, I am in Bothell (but the King County half of Bothell), but I have not received anything in the mail stating my delegate status (although I am CLEARLY a delegate), so I dont even know when the County or even district convention is??? What is going on here??? Please help!

Indra

Quote Originally Posted by lordindra3 View Post
    Guys, I am in Bothell (but the King County half of Bothell), but I have not received anything in the mail stating my delegate status (although I am CLEARLY a delegate), so I dont even know when the County or even district convention is??? What is going on here??? Please help!

Indra
    for the district caucus date check here http://www.kcgop.org/calendar/

you should be receiving a "call" letter from the GOP a week or two prior to district caucus. what district are you in?

So freaking awesome.

People need to read this instead of 3rd party talk. The popular votes look depressing, but the delegate strategy appears to be working. I think so MSM jaws will be dropping in Tampa this summer.
    Rand Paul 2016

bump because the St Charles caucus threads pushed this down so fast!

bump
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Woot
    Ron Paul Phone-Calls from Home - call people the campaign have on lists that might vote for Dr Paul.
    http://phone.ronpaul2012.com