Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MN-Man having seizures, family call EMT, they get cops instead who tackle and handcuff man

Quote Originally Posted by kezt777 View Post
    Unfortunately I can attest to that... my ex is a paramedic and while on a call for a car accident, a male involved was exhibiting signs of head trauma - acting belligerent and combative, and the medics were trying to assess his condition before loading him into the ambulance (my ex being one of them). Where I used to live, there are a lot of accidents involving mountain pass roads, wildlife collisions, etc, so the medics were used to this. The two RCMP officers on scene though started to intervene and said that the man appeared to be intoxicated and THEY would have to check him out and give a breathalyser, etc. One officer physically moved a medic out of the way and the patient got very combative and the other officer came forward to move him onto his side and fasten handcuffs. Both medics were irate and arguing and were told that they would be arrested next if they did not back off. It was a tough night because it's a small area and these RCMP and medics all know each other and hang out together all day while waiting for calls - not to mention my ex's mom is the RCMP's secretary in that district). It took a fire fighter on the scene to scream at the top of his lungs for the RCMP to stop immediately (he is a big huge man and very loud and he got their attention), and allow the medics to continue their assessment.

Turned out in the end that the man had no alcohol in his blood at all and had suffered a pretty major concussion in the accident - hence acting irate and combative and disoriented. But the police had handcuffed him and moved one medic away by force before he was finally allowed to be loaded into the ambulance (with one RCMP tagging along inside). If something had happened to that man, or he got physical with the officers himself (some patients with head traumas have punched and bitten medics and have no memory of the incident, or do remember but it's totally out of character for them to do such things) - things could have been a whole lot worse. It took the very loud bellows of yet another service member to stop the incident and get it back on track with medical assessment FIRST, cops back off.
    Wow. Glad none of my ambulance rides turned out like that! It's insane that cops do these sort of stupid things at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by kezt777 View Post
    Unfortunately I can attest to that... my ex is a paramedic and while on a call for a car accident, a male involved was exhibiting signs of head trauma - acting belligerent and combative, and the medics were trying to assess his condition before loading him into the ambulance (my ex being one of them). Where I used to live, there are a lot of accidents involving mountain pass roads, wildlife collisions, etc, so the medics were used to this. The two RCMP officers on scene though started to intervene and said that the man appeared to be intoxicated and THEY would have to check him out and give a breathalyser, etc. One officer physically moved a medic out of the way and the patient got very combative and the other officer came forward to move him onto his side and fasten handcuffs. Both medics were irate and arguing and were told that they would be arrested next if they did not back off. It was a tough night because it's a small area and these RCMP and medics all know each other and hang out together all day while waiting for calls - not to mention my ex's mom is the RCMP's secretary in that district). It took a fire fighter on the scene to scream at the top of his lungs for the RCMP to stop immediately (he is a big huge man and very loud and he got their attention), and allow the medics to continue their assessment.

Turned out in the end that the man had no alcohol in his blood at all and had suffered a pretty major concussion in the accident - hence acting irate and combative and disoriented. But the police had handcuffed him and moved one medic away by force before he was finally allowed to be loaded into the ambulance (with one RCMP tagging along inside). If something had happened to that man, or he got physical with the officers himself (some patients with head traumas have punched and bitten medics and have no memory of the incident, or do remember but it's totally out of character for them to do such things) - things could have been a whole lot worse. It took the very loud bellows of yet another service member to stop the incident and get it back on track with medical assessment FIRST, cops back off.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by noneedtoaggress View Post
    lol they'd just suck the payoff money out of the taxpayers anyway.

crappy story though. maybe they were having training flashbacks?
    It is a well established principle of tort law that if your employees wrongfully injure me, in the course of their duties for you, that you are just as liable, civilly.

If you want to argue that your employees were not authorized to perform the actions that injured me, then you must take corrective/punitive action against your employees; otherwise, you have no such defense.

If you want to argue that the police are not your employees, but instead are your bosses, then you must explain why it is YOU who pay THEM, rather than vice versa.

Until the public starts taking responsibility for the actions of public servants, by restraining, fining, firing, and jailing them, nothing will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntary Man View Post
    It is a well established principle of tort law that if your employees wrongfully injure me, in the course of their duties for you, that you are just as liable, civilly.

If you want to argue that your employees were not authorized to perform the actions that injured me, then you must take corrective/punitive action against your employees; otherwise, you have no such defense.

If you want to argue that the police are not your employees, but instead are your bosses, then you must explain why it is YOU who pay THEM, rather than vice versa.

Until the public starts taking responsibility for the actions of public servants, by restraining, fining, firing, and jailing them, nothing will improve.
    Qualified Immunity.

Cops are special.

Now, move along, Mundane.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...t-against-cops.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-18-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Qualified Immunity.

Cops are special.

Now, move along, Mundane.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...t-against-cops.
    ... and immunity needs to end. If cops don't have to be responsible for their actions, they wont care what they do—which is where we are at now.
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12