Thread: Liberty lovers DON'T join the NRA -- they join NAGR to keep 2nd amendment rights

Liberty lovers DON'T join the NRA -- they join NAGR to keep 2nd amendment rights

Website: National Association for Gun Rights: http://www.nationalgunrights.org/

I was a member here for quite a few months before I ran into a post that said something to the effect that
    "the NRA (National Rifle Association) is NOT a conservative gun group and they have bargained away several gun rights.)

That sentence started me on a path to research it, and I learned their statement is true.
    I wondered how many of us are members of NRA when we should be members of the NAGR!
    Do your homework and I'm sure you'll discover what I found. (Thank you RPF for waking me up in that area.)

If you can't afford to join (or make a donation) at least sign up for their FREE email alerts.

PS
    The NAGR will send email of upcoming gun legislation and recommend action you can take.
    Please bookmark this link (how to contact ALL elected officials), so you can easily write to senators, representatives, etc.
    http://www.usa.gov/Contact/Elected.shtml

Last edited by vechorik; 03-17-2012 at 08:06 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    gun owners association is good too -- they not only endorsed Ron, they have a quote from him on their letterhead....

But there is a forum for this..... or general politics.... that isn't to diss the thread, but the forums are for organization so people can find the campaign stuff here. There are, in fact THREE forums where this would be suitable, at least....
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

I let my membership to the National (gun) Registration Association lapse years ago.
    Life is not a movie & liberty will not be delivered on a bed of feathers.

Quote Originally Posted by airborne373 View Post
    I let my membership to the National (gun) Registration Association lapse years ago.
    Sorry. I thought grassroots was "action to take"
    I depend on you to keep me straight, Sailing -- thanks

crpa.org & calguns foundation are the best California groups

2nd amendment foundation is very good on a national level

I agree that he NRA sucks for gun rights, but for things like range protection, they are not bad. The other groups won't send a lawyer of the county and greenies are trying to shut down you range.

If you are going to join gun groups, do it at the state level. Those are the most effective. Great strides have been amade in state gun laws in the past few years.
    Last edited by madengr; 03-17-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    gun owners association is good too -- they not only endorsed Ron, they have a quote from him on their letterhead....
    and they have been using that quote since before he was cool.

I support Gun Owners of America myself.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    pcgame

this is where liberty minded people fail

James Madison talked about factions in federalist paper #10. He said factions were bad, but in order to get rid of factions, you'd have to get rid of liberty. A curse worse then the disease itself.

By joining factions it actually gives you more of a say in government.

My point is just like how we are infiltrating the GOP, we need to infiltrate gun groups.

My suggestion: Avoid Donating to the NRA. Give money to Gun Owners of America and the NAGR instead. However, Join all 3 groups.

Maybe we can change the course the NRA has been headed on?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    I support Gun Owners of America myself.
    Same here.

GOA FTW
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Gun Owners of America is everything the NRA claims to be.

Get the dirt on the NRA:

www.NRAWOL.net

I got a letter just yesterday from Senator Rand Paul requesting support for the National Association for Gun Rights to help defeat the UN Small Arms Treaty. We sent a little their way.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by pcgame View Post

By joining factions it actually gives you more of a say in government.

My point is just like how we are infiltrating the GOP, we need to infiltrate gun groups.

My suggestion: Avoid Donating to the NRA. Give money to Gun Owners of America and the NAGR instead. However, Join all 3 groups.

Maybe we can change the course the NRA has been headed on?
    Yep -- same works with joining the GOP to work within to change!