Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We need to do something to give Ron exposure and momentum

We need some momentum.

We have less momentum now than we should because WE have stopped advertising this. Ron was number one on twitter in mentions and was number four last time I saw. The msm sucks, but we don't have to cooperate with them.

I was disappointed over recent primaries as much because of loss of momentum as anything. IF the delegate reports we are hearing add up to a win in three states (Maine, Iowa, Minnesota) and pluralities in others, (Nevada, Washington, etc) with chunks of delegates from elsewhere, then we are actually where we wanted to be (realistically) on delegates; what we need is momentum.

I'd like to use civil liberties, an issue that does NOT incense the right but DOES pull in the independents and progressives, to build some, but it would take people here buying into it, and no one has (so maybe it's not as good an idea as I thought.) Still, now we are in a different situation with momentum than we were last time I raised it so here was my idea, a 'something's happening here' theme (not necessarily a money bomb) using the Buffalo springfield song if people want to, but whatever they want, and focusing on issues like this one and Ndaa and whatever (heck, it could be the 16T to overseas banks) people see as so shocking people SHOULD be paying attention. I would then want to make a push to tweet it and get it on liberty media and have videos etc.

I see this as an issue that could drive discussion and could create momentum, personally. The Patriot Act and NDAA and TSA and civil liberties issues is a virtually untapped issue that incenses people and could pull Ron cross over votes. I had wanted to do it (not just Patriot Act but NDAA and civil liberties) as a money bomb because the act of pushing a moneybomb will advertise both the issue and Ron's stance on it. However, people seem to be moving on another moneybomb, and it wasn't the moneybomb part that was important to me if people would just take the theme and advertise it. I'm thinking of it more as an advertising campaign on the internet. And I think we need to generate momentum before California and Texas. I want crossover votes and to encourage Blue Republicans.

Thoughts? My idea is that this is a topic people are interested in so once we get it out there enough others who don't necessarily consider themselves Ron Paul supporters will share it.

One of a few different threads on it, from a while back:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ning+moneybomb

I'm open to other ideas, this is just the only one I've thought of that to me seems it might work, because it is topical, whereas a band or show of some sort if ignored by media won't go much further than us, as I've seen it. Those are good to charge the grass roots, and I don't discount them, I am just trying to think of something to get OTHERS discussing Ron.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-16-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's another item we can add to the list of things Paul opposed (almost alone) and has been enacted.
    http://rt.com/usa/news/trespass-bill-obama-secret-227/

He was also the first aboard to stop SOPA lest that be forgotten. I certainly think that Liberty minded folks should be concerned with civil liberties.
    Lest we forget Independents are 40% of the electorate this cycle, we have every reason to gather their support and solidify it.
    Want to win more CDs and thus more delegates in California? Get more Independents and cross over votes (I know the people on the ground in CA know this, but we could be helping them).

Beyond that Small Government and Civil Liberties go hand in and (just ask the Founding Fathers, or, you know the nations troops).

sailing is right, we need to be more proactive there are supporters (not very politically active but would vote for Paul) who as of last week did not even know he was still in the race I fixed the situation with the ones I talked too but I've no doubt that the issue is bigger than my personal reach. Let's do everything we can to ensure we are not complicit with the MSM blackout of Ron Paul.
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

edited OP to take out moneybomb and make it an internet ad idea, since there already is a moneybomb on delegates in the works.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

Quote Originally Posted by PolicyReader View Post
    Here's another item we can add to the list of things Paul opposed (almost alone) and has been enacted.

He was also the first aboard to stop SOPA lest that be forgotten. I certainly think that Liberty minded folks should be concerned with civil liberties.
    Lest we forget Independents are 40% of the electorate this cycle, we have every reason to gather their support and solidify it.
    Want to win more CDs and thus more delegates in California? Get more Independents and cross over votes (I know the people on the ground in CA know this, but we could be helping them).

Beyond that Small Government and Civil Liberties go hand in and (just ask the Founding Fathers, or, you know the nations troops).

sailing is right, we need to be more proactive there are supporters (not very politically active but would vote for Paul) who as of last week did not even know he was still in the race I fixed the situation with the ones I talked too but I've no doubt that the issue is bigger than my personal reach. Let's do everything we can to ensure we are not complicit with the MSM blackout of Ron Paul.
    I'll fetch his vote on that since there is a Huff Po article out there pretending Ron abstained (to be fair opencongress misreported that he had, on a bill on an amendment where he simply wasn't there. He voted no on the bill.)

--
    edit, here is the clerk report of the vote on the main bill: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll149.xml
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-16-2012 at 11:44 AM.

The issue we're having, is that Ron Paul supporters are unified in spirit, but not unified where these grassroots generated idea's could be viewed. Centralization is bad for government, but when you need a source of information in order to organize, you need it. We need to get all Ron Paul supporters onto a centralized information source, in order to maintain momentum, or generate more.

We have to analyze our own base. From where I sit, we have 3 types of supporters. We have the hardcore that are addicted to the cause, we have the "decided" voters who don't spend as much time as the hardcore, and then we have soft supporters like every other candidates. This is an intellectual revolution, so getting all of them to a "hotspot" or a "bed" of trustworthy information that keeps all of them up-to-date would be a great step. I view forums as a great way, but many people don't like the forums. For the millions of supporters we have, there's no easy accessible source of information for people. Everything is done by word of mouth, and it works. But when time is of the essence, we need something more concrete, reliable, and speedy.
    Last edited by Philosophy_of_Politics; 03-16-2012 at 11:55 AM.
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

appeal to lgbts but imho.
    氷の造形魔法

Ice Wizard Power - Ice Make

I've got nothing. I'm hoping that as this primary slogs on into the spring and summer and the states hold conventions, msm will be forced to update the delegate totals and it gives Ron a buzz going into NY, CA and TX when it turns out he is ahead of Gingrich and around the same as Santorum.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    I'll fetch his vote on that since there is a Huff Po article out there pretending Ron abstained (to be fair opencongress misreported that he had, on a bill on an amendment where he simply wasn't there. He voted no on the bill.)

--
    edit, here is the clerk report of the vote on the main bill: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2011/roll149.xml
    Good to have the facts on hand, there's so much misinformation out there (mistaken and intentional )

back a bit more on the OP (but still on this bill too) I think that those who aren't concerned about civil liberties simply aren't that well acquainted with how the US legal system works. Precedent is no small thing in a legal context (which is one of the reasons Paul was so opposed to Obamas assassination order)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by PolicyReader View Post

sounds nice, except we have a closed primary. People have to register as Republican months ahead, which is very difficult to get people to do unless they are highly motivated. We cannot count on independents.

1) The campaign sends a release to the media that Ron is going to make an "announcement".

2) Media speculates about dropping out, endorsement, etc.

3) Ron takes the opportunity to give a WAKE UP CALL to Republicans, giving a bold speech on how the parties change, but nothing changes, and that there is no path to the whitehouse without him. This will excite us, and get a ton of press.
    Last edited by Esoteric; 03-16-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fullbuster View Post
    appeal to lgbts but imho.
    we have lgbt supporters but there is a daily kos type influence with a bunch of lgbt publications where they try to spin everything Ron says and are against him, for other reasons. We do have some support. The thing about civil liberties is that unlike a lot of Ron's issues where he alone has a sane approach (such as that one) this one doesn't infuriate the religious right. It doesn't much INTEREST whole swaths of the right.... although TSA does, but it doesn't make them hate him. Ron (imho) essentially lost the 'organized evangelical voting block' due to his refusal to pander on lgbt issues. Ron's positions are Ron's positions, period. But if that marriage organization funded by one very rich guy (it seems) with an incredible hang up on that issue, running ads throughout the early contests saying how 'horrible' Ron is on gay issues (meaning he won't back a Constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage) doesn't show lgbt issues voters that Ron is the one they should want, I'm not sure what will.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-16-2012 at 11:57 AM.

I think a remake of the song with a more modern spin to it would be best ......

“The easiest way to gain control of a population is to carry out acts of terror. [The public] will clamor for such laws if their personal security is threatened”.
    - Josef Stalin

Quote Originally Posted by craezie View Post
    sounds nice, except we have a closed primary. People have to register as Republican months ahead, which is very difficult to get people to do unless they are highly motivated. We cannot count on independents.
    but the registration date isn't past yet, California registration closes May 21, 2012 for the June primary so we have time to make an issue of this! http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_vr.htm Also Texas is an OPEN primary and I think we REALLY need to make a push for those two states. Reagan almost won the 1976 convention with ONLY those two states, and both are winner take all BY DISTRICT.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-16-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    1) The campaign sends a release to the media that Ron is going to make an "announcement".

3) Ron takes the opportunity to give a WAKE UP CALL to Republicans, giving a bold speech on how the parties change, but nothing changes, and that there is no path to the whitehouse without him. This will excite us, and get a ton of press.
    If we have something good enough to say, that might be a good idea, I agree! We can't do it many times, so we have to have something for them to print.

Maybe we need a DAILY TWEET THREAD.

Have suggestions each night, pick the most popular one, then after midnight it's on like Donkey Kong!

If we are all tweeting, face booking the same thing the "trending" and "popularity" will pick up each daily idea.
    The Truth about Ron Paul
    Please check it out...."Like" and "Share"
    This page is vying for the 1st page of google if they look up "the truth about ron paul"

This, in front of an active DEBT CLOCK.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Paulicy View Post
    I think a remake of the song with a more modern spin to it would be best ......

Whatever works, but I'd like to put a link to buying the itunes version in the video if that will make it legal to use even by the campaign... I asked if that did, thinking people would know who make videos and put them on youtube, but no one said.

OK, now having listened to it, I kinda like the other version better, but honestly, it is whatever people think others would listen to. We want people to spread the videos. Maybe a variety would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstreet View Post

Have suggestions each night, pick the most popular one, then after midnight it's on like Donkey Kong!

If we are all tweeting, face booking the same thing the "trending" and "popularity" will pick up each daily idea.
    that's a great idea!! We could get it to @RonPaulTweeps and all the others!

Get this to Wead.
    氷の造形魔法

Ice Wizard Power - Ice Make

I'd be happy to assist you with a video (which I've been meaning to do for some time)... Footage of civil rights issues and rallies/protests would be great, but this could probably be done jsut with move-on-stills and be plenty effective... The lyrics to that song make for an easy transition between the issues and the activism to stand up against the civil rights abuses.... You could end with "Liberty and Justice" followed by "FOR ALL" below it...

PM me if you'd like to coordinate, but I think I could take this and run with it. I agree that something needs to be done to remind and recruit people to what we're fighting for and against.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

^^Good point here, we can use 'trending' to our advantage if we make the effort focused.

I know there are some people with high levels of tech savvy on these boards, someone want to jump in with search optimization and trending tips? It's all derived from algorithms so there's no question we can optimize, just need someone in the know to help with formatting.

As to civil liberties in general I think focusing on where Ron scores highest according to the ACLU would be good when targeting cross over and indy voters (don't even have to cite the group by name since some GOP voters are super touchy about the ACLU sovereignty of personal property and personal choice, it's the core of the Liberty message and it's where the wide appeal comes from, just a question of packaging really )
    Last edited by PolicyReader; 03-16-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Yes, we can do this NOW. And it's FREE.

I'll make the thread, but I'll give you the credit, k?

My idea is that the campaign needs to launch a 1-2 minute official ad (perhaps one made by us?), which explains the entire concept of liberty (freedom), and how it applies to us as Americans. It would spread like wildfire, assuming it was emotionally provocative and professional.

Those of us which already understand Ron Paul's message, are already supporters. But, to many people truly are superficial in their voting habits, and using the same message Ron Paul espouses in a more beautifully wrapped exterior may be a great way to do so. The ad should also explain why the other candidates don't protect their god-given/natural freedoms and rights. It should be emotionally provocative, articulate, and merciless towards the other candidates.
    Last edited by Philosophy_of_Politics; 03-16-2012 at 12:03 PM.
    "For if you [the rulers] suffer your people to be ill-educated, and their manners to be corrupted from their infancy, and then punish them for those crimes to which their first education disposed them, what else is to be concluded from this, but that you first make thieves [and outlaws] and then punish them."
    -Sir Thomas More (1478-1535), Utopia, Book 1

*Admirer, of Philosophy.*

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post
    I'd be happy to assist you with a video (which I've been meaning to do for some time)... Footage of civil rights issues and rallies/protests would be great, but this could probably be done jsut with move-on-stills and be plenty effective... The lyrics to that song make for an easy transition between the issues and the activism to stand up against the civil rights abuses.... You could end with "Liberty and Justice" followed by "FOR ALL" below it...

PM me if you'd like to coordinate, but I think I could take this and run with it. I agree that something needs to be done to remind and recruit people to what we're fighting for and against.
    take this and run with it! Maybe put in some of Ron's pictures from his HUGE crowds with dates if they work, media is NOT mentioning those! Let us know if you need help finding material, pictures, video etc.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You could call your video RON PAUL ENTHUSIASM, WE ARE RON PAUL, or something like that.

To offset the idea that the GOP nominees are bo-ring.
    Last edited by wgadget; 03-16-2012 at 12:04 PM.

You mean the speech he should have given to our troops after Super Tuesday in order to keep hope in the campaign alive? I'm still waiting for such a scenario but I don't know if the campaign has such theatrics in them...
    "There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.

And that I think, was the handle. That sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply prevail. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave." ~ HST

Quote Originally Posted by Philosophy_of_Politics View Post
    My idea is that the campaign needs to launch a 1-2 minute official ad (perhaps one made by us?), which explains the entire concept of liberty (freedom), and how it applies to us as Americans. It would spread like wildfire, assuming it was emotionally provocative and professional.

Those of us which already understand Ron Paul's message, are already supporters. But, to many people truly are superficial in their voting habits, and using the same message Ron Paul espouses in a more beautifully wrapped exterior may be a great way to do so. The ad should also explain why the other candidates don't protect their god-given/natural freedoms and rights. It should be emotionally provocative, articulate, and merciless towards the other candidates.
    I think they don't have much money and have to assume they will need it to fund delegate coordination. If we want that, I agree we would have to make it and copyright clear it, and then we'd have to figure out cost as a 'donation'.... Maybe better if we just do it as we did High Tide last time (well, I donated to it, I didn't do anything else, but it felt like 'we' ...)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinchWhoStoleDC View Post

Include some footage of the DC march and what the troops are saying as well, point out that freedom is what unites America from civil servants (military and otherwise) [insert Paul clip saying that Oath of office matters more than playing politics] to activist students and rallies as you mentioned. Can even round it out with agreement from Church Leaders and Professors. Hit the whole palette, we're the only horse running who can draw real support from the whole spectrum lets use that

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyFrenchSpy View Post
    You mean the speech he should have given to our troops after Super Tuesday in order to keep hope in the campaign alive? I'm still waiting for such a scenario but I don't know if the campaign has such theatrics in them...
    take campaign bashing to the vent, please, this thread is not for that.

**AND DON'T FORGET TO SHOW HOW PAUL POLLS AGAINST OBAMA.**

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast