Thread: Pay the TSA $100 and Bypass Airport Security

Pay the TSA $100 and Bypass Airport Security

in the WSJ:

Catching a flight in the U.S. isn't a great experience anymore due to the security checks involved. You have to remove your shoes, your belt, get your laptop out, be scanned and subjected to radiation in the process. Hundreds of other people are doing the same thing, meaning it takes 40 minutes instead of four. Now, the TSA has come up with a clever, money-making alternative. Instead of scaling back security or speeding it up, you can instead pay $100 and bypass it completely!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reading the article, it's not really all that simple. Paying the $100 only improves your odds of being able to skip it completely. You don't know for sure until your boarding pass is scanned, so you can't really dress or plan for it.

It seems you still go through a metal detector and if a false positive comes up, are still searched. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

If I were a frequently flier, depending on the "undisclosed TSA criteria" they ask, I would certainly pay $100.00 to be able to get on a plane prior to the way security was before 9/11.

Besides this security nonsense isn't making any of us more safer!
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

How does this make sense? Just eliminate the TSA and privatize airports. I'm certainly FOR airport security, and I don't mind a pat-down. But the TSA is just insane how they can confiscate your possessions...

Unfair for the poor people that can't afford an extra hundred dollars.

How does this even improve the situation anyways? Dedicated terrorists and drug traffickers have the money to bypass security anyways.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Soooooo,

Take tax dollars to fund private business security then permit government employees extract "bribe money" to do their job.

One government agency searching another government agencies database for $100.00 "contribution" from a citizen who doesn't want to be hassled.

I'd rather spend the money pushing my local government to make enforcement of the TSA rules illegal in our county.

I once got out of a speeding ticket, going 80 in a 55, by paying the judge. I called and asked him if there were some classes I could take so that the speeding ticket wouldn't go on my record and raise my insurance rates. He said, 'send me a check for $200 in my name." It worked. Sounds about the same with the TSA. $100 bribe x 100 people / day = $10,000. While it doesn't compare to counterfeiting, it's not bad for a hard day's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodaddy View Post
    Free market in action?
    How is this the free market in action when the federal government is in contol of this form of travel, forcing you to be searched without probable cause to board a flight, or pay $100 to avoid doing so (which may still get your searched)?
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    I once got out of a speeding ticket, going 80 in a 55, by paying the judge. I called and asked him if there were some classes I could take so that the speeding ticket wouldn't go on my record and raise my insurance rates. He said, 'send me a check for $200 in my name." It worked. Sounds about the same with the TSA. $100 bribe x 100 people / day = $10,000. While it doesn't compare to counterfeiting, it's not bad for a hard day's work.
    Surely, you can't be serious?
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    It really is no different then the Mafia, "paying for protection" extortion racket.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

also keep in mind that if the TSA itself is setting a price of $100 on evading its humiliations, just multiply that by the number of air passengers at US airports to come to a total economic damage figure (which they should be held responsible for). Class action by all airline passengers in US, let's do it.

"Pay the TSA $100 and Bypass Airport Security"

Ridiculous title.

Read the article, please.

OK, for the lazy $#@!s: "...and walk through a metal detector rather than a full-body scan."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd rather spend the extra money on gas and take the scenic route.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    It really is no different then the Mafia, "paying for protection" extortion racket.
    Yep... exactly!
    Indianensis Universitatis Alumnus