Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Free Community Project

Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillaXXI View Post
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned (no time right now to read the whole thread), but it seems CRUCIAL that a free community be located in extremely harsh terrain. I'm talking about dense, non-deciduous forests. Maine and New Hampshire are the most heavily-forested states in the US, so these would be ideal states to have such communities in.

Why? Because that sort of terrain is extremely difficult to spy on with satellites, drones, etc. It's inaccessible to vehicles except by a few routes that could be closed off if necessary. Large rocks and caves, if available, can provide cover from most bombardment. Any hidden surveillance cameras will not be able to see very far in a forest. If it becomes necessary to mount a last-ditch defense of the territory, all these characteristics will be invaluable.
    add on such as colorado mtns wolverines plus we are doing very well in lake,eagle and summit(with the ron paul movement) and have a few towns which would fit the bill for the op we also just swept the town council with liberty minded folks in red cliff co montezuma co is also nice but there are plenty of small towns in smaller counties across colorado that would and could fit the bill
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuerrillaXXI View Post
    Sorry if this has already been mentioned (no time right now to read the whole thread), but it seems CRUCIAL that a free community be located in extremely harsh terrain. I'm talking about dense, non-deciduous forests. Maine and New Hampshire are the most heavily-forested states in the US, so these would be ideal states to have such communities in.

Why? Because that sort of terrain is extremely difficult to spy on with satellites, drones, etc. It's inaccessible to vehicles except by a few routes that could be closed off if necessary. Large rocks and caves, if available, can provide cover from most bombardment. Any hidden surveillance cameras will not be able to see very far in a forest. If it becomes necessary to mount a last-ditch defense of the territory, all these characteristics will be invaluable.
    Any terrain choice has advantages and disadvantages. Extremely harsh terrain is hard to farm. Don't need to waste resources on people who take themselves out of the picture.

Those who have not seen the technology in use in a real deployment tend to over estimate what it can do and don't realize the limitations. An example: There was a Rep. from TX (Mickey Leland) who was keen on welfare for i=his constituents and no fan of the DoD. While on one of his junkets to Africa, his Air Force plane goes missing. A week later and wreckage still not found. The office staff is livid because we have spy satellites that can read car license plates from outer space, so how could the Air Force not find an airplane. The idea that Africa is a big place, and that capability only exists after one has narrowed down the area enough to use that degree of resolution, otherwise it takes thousands of years to scan Africa.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Dirt report confirmed via recon, so moving on to the next phase.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Has anyone looked at how the Amish do things? I don't know if they still need building permits and whatnot but I know an Amish house wouldn't pass in my neck of the woods simply with lack of bathrooms. It seems like they have a well organized system to establish new communities around the country so people should take a page from their playbook.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    OK, if anyone is interested in getting in - PM me please. The plan is to make participation affordable - you buy a share(s) of the company that owns the land, with unrestricted use of one acre per share.

Quote Originally Posted by kpitcher View Post
    Has anyone looked at how the Amish do things? I don't know if they still need building permits and whatnot but I know an Amish house wouldn't pass in my neck of the woods simply with lack of bathrooms. It seems like they have a well organized system to establish new communities around the country so people should take a page from their playbook.
    i believe they are able to do a lot of what they do based on the freedom of religion, not because they live where liberty reigns.

you may be better looking into the earthship designs, as most of those type houses are off grid.

Remember, if you have *any* ties to local or regional government management you will be managed back into their control. You may try to have your say in *their* court, but I recommend having some sort of arranged private security to defend your rights.
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    OK, if anyone is interested in getting in - PM me please. The plan is to make participation affordable - you buy a share(s) of the company that owns the land, with unrestricted use of one acre per share.

Ballpark price per share?

How many Acres = Shareholders?

Or is that "private message" stuff? People are "naturally" more & more guarded as the State gets more & more invasive but, in a way, that is what Authoritarians WANT. How shall anyone ever pull off anything of consequence, when people dare not trust other people beyond a few degrees of separation?

I can imagine that YOU have all kinds of secure communication & organization, but you also bring a very select and pertinent set of skillz to the party.

For "ordinary" people, I am thinking that Intentional Community alchemy is comprised in HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT + SAFETY IN NUMBERS + LETTER OF LAW. An awful lot can obviously be done by BENDING the law...it happens "all the time." An awful lot can also be done by extrapolating the absolute letter of the law...that happens all the time, too. Bad Guys MANIPULATE law to achieve their purposes. It stands to Reason that Good Guys can do the same.
    Last edited by cheapseats; 06-18-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheapseats View Post
    Ballpark price per share?

How many Acres = Shareholders?

Or is that "private message" stuff? People are "naturally" more & more guarded as the State gets more & more invasive but, in a way, that is what Authoritarians WANT. How shall anyone ever pull off anything of consequence, when people dare not trust other people beyond a few degrees of separation?

I can imagine that YOU have all kinds of secure communication & organization, but you also bring a very select and pertinent set of skillz to the party.

For "ordinary" people, I am thinking that Intentional Community alchemy is comprised in HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT + SAFETY IN NUMBERS + LETTER OF LAW. An awful lot can obviously be done by BENDING the law...it happens "all the time." An awful lot can also be done by extrapolating the absolute letter of the law...that happens all the time, too. Bad Guys MANIPULATE law to achieve their purposes. It stands to Reason that Good Guys can do the same.
    Target is $1000 per share, which each share provides unrestricted use of one acre. Currently working on the structure of the bylaws for the corporation which will actually hold tile to the land - want to preserve the agricultural use tax exemption until we have enough people to run one of ours for the county tax position, etc.

Goal is to have things like buyback provisions, so existing shareholders have right of first refusal if a shareholder wants to sell shares - kind of like a poison pill to prevent hostile takeover, and stuff like this.

Ideally, we would be able to have the largest voting block in the county for the elections of 2014 - the best defense being offense.

Secession won't fly without bloodshed, if then...not in our lifetimes. Plus Austin "alone" sez all of the Lone Star State ain't on one page.

Perhaps Texas is a TWO-STATE SOLUTION...like California: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...n-State-Anyone

Might be easier to pleasingly arrange 52 stars, than 51, on new flags.

Move to Texas!
    If you are in the North Texas area, join our page to get active and fight for Liberty!
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/28828...8287801289033/

#LiveFree

Quote Originally Posted by helmuth_hubener View Post
    I agree. Everyone should agree. Grafton should be a top contender for a geographical concentration strategy.

As far as 2 votes making a difference, and 36 enabling most elections to be victories for liberty, I don't know. Grafton is a township of about 1,340 (in a county of 89,118). I suppose it depends how ambitious one's liberty goals are. Mine are pretty ambitious.
    The budget was just cut by 10%. How many people did that take? 30 people. According to 1 source, that was the back up motion. The initial motion to cut the town budget by 20% "failed by a single vote." 2 additionally liberty activists voting in NH could have reduced the budget by an additional 10%. That's huge. I am not sure how ambitious your plans are but obviously, Grafton is not only likely freer than almost all other communities in the developed world, it shows more progress than anywhere else I know of at actually reducing the size of government.

Seasteading, Glenn Beck's project and the chartered city idea in Latin America are all just ideas. Grafton is real. For those that don't know about Grafton, here you go.

Grafton has high speed internet. Depending on where you live in the town (it is quite large and there is a mountain with dirt roads that are hard to pass in the winter that separate part of town near the interstate with the main part of town), Grafton is 30 minutes from the top college (Dartmouth College) and top hospital (Darthmouth-Hitchcock) in Northern New England (NH, VT, ME) or 45 minutes from Concord (the center of NH government and 3rd largest city in NH). Much of Grafton is around an hour or so from Manchester (the largest city in NH).

There are even free private/public buses (provided by the companies in the area) from a couple towns over (10 minutes from town center) to the Lebanon/Hanover/Dartmouth area, the major population center in the area. That area also has 1 of the lowest unemployment rates in the Eastern US and the best food co-op in NH. It even has a commercial airport with flights to Boston and NYC and Amtrak which goes from Burlington (VT) to Washington DC with stops in all of the large cities along the way. The Lebanon/Hanover/Dartmouth area is also the center of the Greyhound/Peter Pan/bus system in NH. Buses leave for Burlington, VT, Boston, MA, Manchester, NH, NYC and so on. The 2nd major north/south interstate system in New England (I-95 is the most important) called I-91 also passes through that area. I-91 goes from the ocean in New Haven, CT to Canada. I-89 connects with I-91 a mile outside of Lebanon and goes from Canada to south of Concord, NH

http://www.dartmouth.edu/
    http://www.dartmouth-hitchcock.org/
    http://www.uppervalleyfood.coop/
    http://flyleb.com/
    http://www.amtrak.com/vermonter-train
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_91
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_89
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    I have a target that I think I can hit. A town is better than no success at all, but depending on the state, a great deal of political power may be at the county level.
    Pericles, could you give us a report of what happened with your project?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123