Thread: Use these QUOTES!

Thumbs up Use these QUOTES!

I found these quotes in all kinds of locations, including quote websites, writing them down straight from YouTube videos, etc. So, if you include them in something important you should verify their accuracy.

Compliment Quotes:
    "Ron Paul is one of the outstanding leaders fighting for a stronger national defense. As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first. We need to keep him fighting for our country."
    -Ronald Reagan

(shorter version of above quote)
    "As a former Air Force officer, he knows well the needs of our armed forces, and he always puts them first."
    -Ronald Reagan

"I strongly support Ron Paul. We very badly need to have more Representatives who understand in a principled way the importance of property rights and religious freedom."
    - Milton Friedman, Nobel Prize Economist

"He's the only one that I've seen in American politics that seems to have a clue about what's going on in the world."
    - Jim Rogers, International Investor and Author

"I like to think of Ron Paul as 'The Conscience'" ..."You've always got to have a conscience."
    - Tom DeLay, Former House Majority Leader

Well respected positions, not so well known names:
    "Ron Paul's speaking to people like me"... "He's an honorable man. He's a hardworking man."
    -Barbara Hagan, former Congresswoman

Dr. Paul is the "one exception to the Gang of 535" on Capital Hill
    - William Simon, former Secretary of the Treasury

Lesser known people in respected positions:
    "Lobbyists don't even bother going to his office."
    "He has won so many awards from the National Taxpayers Union that he's probably lost count."
    - Thomas Woods, Resident Historian at the Mises Institute

"Congressman Paul is one of the strongest defenders of our constitutional liberties in Congress and I am proud to serve with him."
    - John Duncan Jr., TN Congressman

"In his heart and in his head, in his character and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become: The Thomas Jefferson of our day... Ron Paul is one of us."
    - Andrew Napolitano, Former Superior Court Judge, Current News Analyst

"I think Ron Paul knows something that the other candidates deep down in their shriveled hearts know but are scared to let themselves feel which is that people will vote for you even if they don't agree with you on everything. If they feel like your a guy or gal who's got a conscience, who's got some integrity, who's got some intelligence, who calls it like you see it, who thinks for yourself, you know who's not just a creation of a bunch of consultants... and he is that."
    Rosa Brooks, LA Times Journalist

"One politican who cannot be bought by special interests"
    -Maxwell Newton, New York Post journalist

"He really fights for the principles other Republicans only pretend to stand for, and does so with carefully reasoned explanations of his positions"
    -Joseph Sobran, Political Columnist

"Whats so interesting about Congressman Ron Paul is... you appear to have consistent principled integrity. Americans don't normally go for that."
    Jon Stewart, Comedian

"I think Ron Paul knows something that the other candidates deep down in their shriveled hearts know but are scared to let themselves feel which is that people will vote for you even if they don't agree with you on everything."

"If they feel like your a guy or gal who's got a conscience, who's got some integrity, who's got some intelligence, who calls it like you see it, who thinks for yourself, you know who's not just a creation of a bunch of consultants... and he [Ron Paul] is that."

Peace Quotes
    "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warefare."
    - James Madison

"Ballots are the rightful and peaceful successors to bullets."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war."
    -John Adams

"I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"The republic is the only form of government which is not eternally at open or secret war with the rights of mankind."
    Thomas Jefferson

Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.
    - John F. Kennedy

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"The ballot is stronger than the bullet."
    - Abraham Lincoln

"History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap."
    - Ronald Reagan

"Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means."
    - Ronald Reagan

"Domestic policy can only defeat us; foreign policy can kill us."
    -John F. Kennedy

"When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

"We seek peace, knowing that peace is the climate of freedom."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Together we must learn how to compose differences, not with arms, but with intellect and decent purpose."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

"I hate war as only a soldier who has lived it can, only as one who has seen its brutality, its futility, its stupidity."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Allow the president to invade a neighboring nation, whenever he shall deem it necessary to repel an invasion, and you allow him to do so whenever he may choose to say he deems it necessary for such a purpose - and you allow him to make war at pleasure."
    - Abraham Lincoln

"Do good to your friends to keep them, to your enemies to win them."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Liberty Quotes
    "Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security.
    Benjamin Franklin

"Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted into tyranny!"
    -Thomas Jefferson

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security."
    Benjamin Franklin

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

"Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There is never a democracy that did not commit suicide."
    - John Adams

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    - Ronald Reagan

"The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty."
    - John Adams

"The very word 'secrecy' is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings."
    - John F. Kennedy

"The best road to progress is freedom's road."
    - John F. Kennedy

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man."
    - Ronald Reagan

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson

"When people talk of the freedom of writing, speaking or thinking I cannot choose but laugh. No such thing ever existed. No such thing now exists; but I hope it will exist."
    - John Adams

"I disagree entirely with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
    -Voltaire

Government Size Quotes
    "My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"Governments tend not to solve problems, only to rearrange them."
    - Ronald Reagan

"A government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we'll ever see on this earth!"
    - Ronald Reagan

"Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives."
    - Ronald Reagan

National Debt Quotes
    "We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Never spend your money before you have earned it."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"It is incumbent on every generation to pay its own debts as it goes. A principle which if acted on would save one-half the wars of the world."
    Thomas Jefferson

"If the 1st. [generation] could charge it [the second generation] with a debt, then the earth would belong to the dead and not the living generation."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Revolution Quotes

"Every generation needs a new revolution"
    -Thomas Jefferson

"I am surprised at the suddenness, as well as the greatness of this revolution. Is not the change we have seen astonishing? What man, two years ago, would have thought it possible?"
    - John Adams, July 3, 1776

"All great change in America begins at the dinner table."
    - Ronald Reagan

"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Christian Quotes
    "I have sworn upon the alter of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Power always thinks... that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws."
    -John Adams

Republican Quotes
    "Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15."
    - Ronald Reagan

Federal Reserve Quotes
    "Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hit man."
    - Ronald Reagan

"All the perplexities, confusion and distress in America arise, not from defects in their Constitution or Confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, so much as from the downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit and circulation."
    -John Adams

"I sincerely believe, with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies"
    -Thomas Jefferson

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and the corporations which grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Tax Quotes
    "A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor and bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them."
    -Ronald Reagan

Inspirational Quotes
    "What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage."
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

"I was losing interest in politics, when the repeal of the Missouri Compromise aroused me again. What I have done since then is pretty well known."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it."
    -Dwight D. Eisenhower

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly."
    -John F. Kennedy

Why We will Win Quotes
    "Information is the currency of democracy."
    Thomas Jefferson

"Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government."
    -Thomas Jefferson

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age. It seeps through the walls topped by barbed wire, it wafts across the electrified borders."
    - Ronald Reagan

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts."
    - Abraham Lincoln

"Because power corrupts, society's demands for moral authority and character increase as the importance of the position increases."
    - John Adams

Gun Control
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."
    -Samuel Adams

"Arms in the hands of citizens may be used at individual discretion ... in private self-defense."
    - John Adams

Advice Quotes:
    "Whenever you do a thing, act as if all the world were watching."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"Any man who wants to be president is either an egomaniac or crazy."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."
    - John F. Kennedy

"When angry count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    - Abraham Lincoln

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
    - Abraham Lincoln

"If I were to try to read, much less answer, all the attacks made on me, this shop might as well be closed for any other business."
    - Abraham Lincoln

"Never stir up litigation. A worse man can scarcely be found than one who does this."
    - Abraham Lincoln

"The philosophy of the school room in one generation will be the philosophy of government in the next."
    - Abraham Lincoln

"Do not squander time for that is the stuff life is made of."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate."
    - John F. Kennedy
    Last edited by James R; 11-13-2007 at 09:24 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been working on the RP wikiquote page for a while now.
    Please feel free to add stuff there, in particular see en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ron_Paul#Quotes_about_Ron_Paul

Unknown

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock."

Sehr Gut!

Thankyou so much for posting these. People are less likely to argue with the Founding Fathers then with Ron Paul r3VOLutionaries.
    "One thing at a time, is my motto - and just play that thing for all it is worth, even if it's only two pair and a jack."
    Mark Twain

# of "undesireables" exterminated by Nazi Germany: 11,000,000. / # of Soviet citizens purged by Stalin: 40-60,000,000. / # of Chinese killed in Mao Tse-Dong's Revolutions: 70-80,000,000. / Living in Freedom: Priceless.

R[ƎVO˩]UTION!

Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    "I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends."
    -Abraham Lincoln
    I really like this one esp. considering what we have come up against in this campaign!!