Thread: FBI complicit in the anti-gun agenda.

FBI complicit in the anti-gun agenda.

For several years I'd conducted some analysis of the FBI UCR statistics pursuant to some analytical work relating to firearms homicide rates in the USA.

The anti-gun squeams go on endlessly about the "horrific" homicide rates of the USA and so forth. I have witnessed some going so far as to quote the overall homicide rate as that for handguns! These people have neither scruple nor moral.

The overall rate of homicide in the USA is somewhere around 4.7 per 100K. The firearms homicide rate is about 2.5. It has been my opinion that in comparisons with the rates of other nations such as Japan, certain elements of that figure should be removed as they are not relevant to the question of "organic" violent crime. Allow me to explain this. Such factors include death by firearm as the result of accidents, suicide, legitimate acts of self-defense including those by law enforcement (though many of those appear to be out and out cold-blooded murder), and perhaps most significantly the drug war.

It is my opinion that we are especially behooved to remove homicides related to illegal drug trafficking and drug war enforcement activities for the simple reason that the circumstance that has caused the rise of such criminal activity is entirely synthetic, which is to say that were the so-called "drug war" to be concluded today, by this time tomorrow most of the related violence would simple vanish for want of foundation.

The trouble I have had has lain in determining what proportion of the homicides are drug-related and what proportion of those are committed with firearms. What I have discovered is that neither the FBI nor any law, regulation, or standing policy requires police and other law enforcement agencies to explicitly report on homicides directly attributable to illegal drug activity. I find this rather curious, given the huge amounts of money we give up to foot the bill for the war on some drugs. One would think that those in power would be interested in knowing to what degree illicit drug trade activity is contributing to the overall environment of violent crime about which they appear to be otherwise so overwrought with hand-wringing and the gnashing of teeth. But apparently they are not.

The article located at http://narcosphere.narconews.com/not...east-1100-year gives this subject a pretty fair treatment and IMO is a worthwhile read for anyone holding an interest in this issue. Of particular interest is the following snippet:

We may reasonably assume that the 10,095 homicides for which no supplemental information is available holds the same proportion of drug-related homicides. If we take the 35.5% of homicides of "unknown circumstance" and attribute 71% of those as drug-war related, we end up with a very believable figure of about 25.2% of all homicides as being directly related to the drug trade and war. The 71% figure represents the RMS value of the total. I have used this simple method of estimation in a great many calculations and it has yet to fail me in any significant manner.

Another factor to take into consideration is that there are no reliable figures relating to homicides indirectly related to the drug trade. For instance, the number of homicides committed in the course of apparent robberies, burglaries, etc. where the perpetrators were committing the theft in order to acquire the funds which in turn are used for the purchase of drugs for their own habits or where drugs serve as the means of growing financial assets.

Assuming we are on a reasonable track, the only proportion left to figure is how many of the drug-related homicides are committed with firearms. Unfortunately, there appear to be no figures available and an even more paltry body of hints to tip us off as to what may be reasonable. I solve this by once again applying the RMS calculation, though I must make it clear that in this case I am notably more leery about the precision of the result. Given what I have seen of drug-related violence, I suspect that the error here falls very much on the conservative side as the great majority of homicides relating directly to the drug trade and war appear to be committed with firearms - well in excess of 90% in fact. Given this, the estimation of 71% of such homicides as being committed with firearms strikes me as very conservative and serves not to produce an inflated claim.

Therefore, if the US homicide rate by firearm is 2.52 as cited by some sources (forgive me, but I do not have my UCR figures hand and am being lazy) and 35.5% of those are of "unknown circumstance" and we employ the two-fold RMS calculation, the homicide rate by firearm drops to 2.07, a significant decrease. If we use the proportion of .9 rather than .71, the rate drops to 1.79. Remove homicides by the causes listed above and the rate drops further still.

The point of all this is that there is not only great distortion of the true picture regarding the use of firearms in unjustifiable homicide (e.g. justifiable homicides being counted where they ought not), the FBI and all related agencies and offices of government have been complicit in either criminally or negligently omitting reporting requirements significant to the establishment of a clear and complete picture of the role that firearms play in the broadest picture of American life. I find this unacceptable, particularly given that such figures are routinely employed by legislators and lobbyists in their efforts to violate our fundamental rights.

I just thought some of you should be aware of this and might be interested.
    Last edited by osan; 12-15-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to osan again.

Good stuff.
    “Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard.”

H.L. Mencken