Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul Support by Region

Ron Paul Support by Region

Ron Paul's Percentage of the Vote by Region

As states vote, I'll update this post.

Ron Paul tends to do better in caucus states than primary states. Most of the caucus states are in the Midwest, Mountain West and Pacific Northwest. The Mid-Atlantic and Southeast average is shown including and excluding VA.

Want me to add a region? Tell me the name of the region and the states inside the region. See an error? Let me know.

Ron Paul Support by Region:
    1. Northern New England 28%
    2. New England 22%
    3. Canadian Border 22%
    4. Pacific Northwest 20%
    5. Northeast 19%
    6. West Coast 18%
    7. East Coast 16%
    8. Mid-Atlantic 15%
    9. Midwest 15%
    10. Great Lakes 14%
    11. Mountain West 13%
    12. Southeast 12%
    13. Southwest 11%
    14. Mexican Border 10%
    15. Gulf Coast 7%

Support by region at various times during the Ron Paul's 2012 Presidential Campaign:
    As of 3/14, the strongest regions are: Mid-Atlantic, Northern New England, New England, Northeast, West Coast, Pacific Northwest, East Coast... Let's see how that changes as additional primaries/caucuses are held.
    As of 4/4, the strongest regions are: Northern New England, New England, Northeast, Canadian Border, West Coast...
    As of 4/25, the strongest regions are: Northern New England, West Coast, New England, Pacific Northwest, Canadian Border, Northeast...
    As of 5/9, no changes. Northern New England is still by far the best region and the most southern regions are still by far the worst regions.
    As of 5/16, the strongest regions are: Northern New England 28%, New England 22%, Canadian Border 22%, West Coast 20%, Northeast 20%, Pacific Northwest 20%...
    As of 5/30, no changes. Northern New England is still the strongest region.
    As of 6/6, the strongest regions are: Northern New England 28%, New England 22%, Canadian Border 22%, Pacific Northwest 20%, Northeast 19%, West Coast 18%...

Canadian Border (AK, WA, ID, MT, ND, MN, WI, MI, NY, VT, NH, ME)
    Average 22%
    AK 24%
    WA 25%
    ID 18%
    MT 14%
    ND 28%
    MN 27%
    WI 11%
    MI 12%
    NY 15%
    VT 26%
    NH 23%
    ME 36%

East Coast (ME, NH, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, DC, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL)
    Average 16%
    ME 36%
    NH 23%
    MA 10%
    RI 24%
    CT 14%
    NY 15%
    NJ 10%
    PA 13%
    DE 11%
    MD 10%
    DC 12%
    VA 41%
    NC 11%
    SC 13%
    GA 7%
    FL 7%

Great Lakes (MN, MI, WI, IL, IN, OH, PA, NY)
    Average 14%
    MN 27%
    MI 12%
    WI 11%
    IN 16%
    OH 9%
    IL 9%

Gulf Coast (TX, LA, MS, AL, FL)
    Average 7%
    TX 12%
    LA 6%
    FL 7%
    MS 4%
    AL 5%

Mexican Border (CA, AZ, NM, TX)
    Average 10%
    CA 10%
    AZ 8%
    NM 10%
    TX 12%

Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC, WV, VA)
    Average 15% (excluding VA Average 12%)
    NY 15%
    PA 13%
    NJ 10%
    DE 11%
    MD 10%
    DC 12%
    WV 11%
    VA 41%

Midwest (ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, IN, MI, OH)
    Average 15%
    ND 28%
    SD 13%
    KS 13%
    NE 10%
    MN 27%
    IA 21%
    MO 12%
    WI 11%
    IL 9%
    IN 16%
    MI 12%
    OH 9%

Mountain West (NV, ID, MT, WY, UT, CO, AZ, NM)
    Average 13%
    NV 19%
    ID 18%
    MT 14%
    WY 21%
    UT 5%
    CO 12%
    AZ 8%
    NM 10%

New England (VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT)
    Average 22%
    VT 26%
    NH 23%
    ME 36%
    MA 10%
    RI 24%
    CT 14%

Northeast (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, PA, NJ)
    Average 19%
    ME 36%
    NH 23%
    VT 26%
    MA 10%
    RI 24%
    CT 14%
    NY 15%
    PA 13%
    NJ 10%

Northern New England (VT, NH, ME)
    Average 28%
    VT 26%
    NH 23%
    ME 36%

Pacific Northwest (AK, WA, OR, ID)
    Average 20%
    AK 24%
    WA 25%
    OR 13%
    ID 18%

Southeast (VA, WV, KY, NC, SC, TN, AK, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL)
    Average 12% (excluding VA Average 9%)
    VA 41%
    WV 11%
    KY 13%
    NC 11%
    SC 13%
    TN 9%
    AK 13%
    LA 6%
    GA 7%
    FL 7%
    MS 4%
    AL 5%

Southwest (NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM, TX, OK)
    Average 11%
    NV 19%
    UT 5%
    CO 12%
    AZ 8%
    NM 10%
    TX 12%
    OK 10%

West Coast (HI, AK, WA, OR, CA)
    Average 18%
    HI 19%
    AK 24%
    WA 25%
    OR 13%
    CA 10%

Ron Paul Support by Region
    Dark red shows the most amount support for Ron Paul. Bright green shows the least amount of support for Ron Paul. States are colored for the region they are in with the most amount of support for Ron Paul. For Example, ME in in the Northern New England region, the New England region, the Canadian Border region, Northeast and the East Coast Region. ME is colored dark red because the Northern New England region is colored dark red and of the regions ME is part of, the Northern New England region has the most amount of support for Ron Paul.
    Google link to chart http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?c...50,65&chtm=usa

The strongest regions for Ron Paul are:
    Northern New England 28% (VT, NH, ME) (dark red)
    New England 22% (VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT) (orange)
    Canadian Border 22% (AK, WA, ID, MT, ND, MN, WI, MI, NY, VT, NH, ME) (orange)
    Pacific Northwest 20% (AK, WA, OR, ID) (orange)
    Northeast 19% (ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, PA, NJ) (orange)
    West Coast 18% (HI, AK, WA, OR, CA) (orange)
    East Coast 16% (ME, NH, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, PA, DE, MD, DC, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL) (orange)
    Mid-Atlantic 15% (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC, WV, VA) (yellow)
    Midwest 15% (ND, SD, NE, KS, MN, IA, MO, WI, IL, IN, MI, OH) (yellow)
    Great Lakes 14% (MN, MI, WI, IL, IN, OH, PA, NY) (yellow)
    Mountain West 13% (NV, ID, MT, WY, UT, CO, AZ, NM) (green)
    Southeast 12% (VA, WV, KY, NC, SC, TN, AK, LA, MS, AL, GA, FL) (green)
    Southwest 11% (NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM, TX, OK) (green)
    Mexican Border 10% (CA, AZ, NM, TX) (green)
    Gulf Coast 7% (TX, LA, MS, AL, FL) (green)

Sources:
    I used Google when possible http://www.google.com/elections/ed/us/results
    When Google was wrong like in the cases of ME and WY, I used http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republi...rimaries,_2012
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 06-29-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Mississippi 4%
    Alabama 5%

This caused the Gulf Coast to drop from 7% to 5%. It also brought the Southeast down slightly.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 03-14-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

Hawaii 18%

This caused the West Coast to drop from 24% to 22%.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 03-14-2012 at 10:44 AM.

edited
    “The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of each citizen to defend it. Only if every single citizen feels duty bound to do his share in this defense are the constitutional rights secure.”
    - Albert Einstein
    "I strongly support Ron Paul. We very badly need to have more Representatives who understand in a principled way the importance of property rights and religious freedom."
    - Milton Friedman

Keith...use the google map/chart generator for the US at http://imagecharteditor.appspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    add PA to East Coast.
    PA is actually an interior state from what I can tell but I'll add it

Quote Originally Posted by rpwi View Post
    Keith...use the google map/chart generator for the US at http://imagecharteditor.appspot.com/
    That's a great idea. I'll try to use it once all of the states have voted.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The final HI results are in. Paul's percentage of the vote in HI increased from 18% to 19%. This caused the West Coast to drop from 24% to 23%.

You cannot give equal weight to each contest. There are a considerable amount of numerical vote difference in each state.

Illinois 9%

Illinois brought down the Great Lakes average from 16% to 14%.
    Illinois brought down the Midwest average from 17% to 16%.

Thanks for the continued updates.
    Delegates Matter MORE than the Popular Vote Find Out Why

2012 GOP Nominating Process (Demystified)

"The true danger is when Liberty is nibbled away, for expedients and by parts.... The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men do nothing."
    CVRP connecting the troops, and those who support them, to grassroots action. Join Us

Louisiana 6%

This primary brought the Gulf Coast up from 5% to 6%.
    This primary brought the Southeast (excluding VA) down from 8% to 7%.

we're all moving to Maine!

Maryland 10%
    Washington D.C. 12%
    Ron Paul finished 2nd in Washington D.C., though, Santorum wasn't on the ballot.

These areas brought the East Coast down from 20% to 18%.
    They brought the Mid-Atlantic down from 41% to 21%.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 04-04-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Wisconsin 11%

WI brought the Canadian Border down from 24% to 23%.

As of 3/14, the strongest regions were in this order: Mid-Atlantic, Northern New England, New England, Northeast, West Coast...
    Now, as of 4/4, the strongest regions are in this order: Northern New England, New England, Northeast, Canadian Border, West Coast, ...
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 04-04-2012 at 02:40 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ONUV View Post
    we're all moving to Maine!
    You are all welcome here.

Rhode Island 24%
    Connecticut 14%

Because of CT, the New England and Northeast averages dropped from 24% to 22%.

New York 15%

NY brought the Canadian Border average down from 23% to 22%

Pennsylvania 13%

Delaware 11%

The related just added states brought the Mid-Atlantic down from 21% to 17%.

Additionally, they brought the Northeast down from 22% to 20%.

Now, as of 4/25, the strongest regions are: Northern New England, West Coast, New England, Pacific Northwest, Canadian Border, Northeast...
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 04-25-2012 at 11:22 PM.

NC support for Paul will be lower than originally expected because Governor Perdue's resignation will lead more Unaffiliateds to draw Democrat ballots rather than Republican ballots.

Would love to see a graphical representation of these numbers.

We also know which states to most receptive to the liberty message and we should encourage liberty-minded candidates to run in those top tier states, and by this I mean bankroll them.

I suggest over the next 4 years we try to make places like the North East and Pacific Northwest our strongholds. We need a homeland similar to the bible belt for religious conservatives, and the rust belt for blue dog democrats. With this and a strong Iowa presence, because of their first in the nation caucus, I think will give much more power in upcoming elections.

Indiana 16%

North Carolina 11%

West Virgina 11%

It should be noted that in all 4 of these states, four candidates were on the ballot but it was known to almost all of the voters that only two candidates were actually still running for the Republican nomination for President. Ron Paul received 16% of the vote in Indiana. That would have been good for Ron Paul if there were 30 active candidates on the ballot like during the New Hampshire Primary. However, there were only 2 active candidates on the Indiana ballot so the 16% of the vote he received is less than impressive. The WV and NC numbers are even worse.

Nevertheless, the numbers are still encouraging. In 2008, there were 4 candidates on the NC GOP Primary ballot. 2 of the candidates were widely thought to have dropped out and Paul received only 7% on the vote. While the South is still Ron Paul's least worst region, it is improving!

NC lowered the East Coast region from 17% to 16%.

WV lowered Mid-Atlantic from 17% to 16%

WV and NC lowered the Southeast from 12% to 11% but increased the Southeast excluding VA from 7% to 8%.

I don't think the popular vote numbers are indicative of much, except perhaps the level of corruption and the willingness of the establishment in each state to cheat RP. We know the capability exists, and we know the people running the show have absolutely zero morals or conscience to mitigate their lust for power.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nebraska 10%

Nebraska reduced the Midwest average from 16% to 15%.

Oregon 13%

Oregon reduced the Pacific Northwest average from 22% to 20%.

Oregon reduced the West Coast average from 23% to 20%.

As of 5/16, the strongest regions are: Northern New England, New England, Canadian Border, West Coast, Northeast, Pacific Northwest...

My home state Virginia 4tw!

God bless the old dominion.

Texas 12%

TX brought the Gulf Coast average up from 5% to 7%. TX brought the Mexican Border average up from 8% to 10%.

It looks like the Gulf Coast or Mexican Border region is going to have the lowest average when all is said and done.
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 05-30-2012 at 10:30 AM.

Kentucky 13%

Arkansas 13%

KY and AK brought the Southeast average up from 11% to 12%. KY and AK brought the Southeast excluding VA average up from 8% to 9%.

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTUSman View Post
    You cannot give equal weight to each contest. There are a considerable amount of numerical vote difference in each state.
    Now that the vast majority of the primaries/caucuses have happened, I looked into this statement. Unfortunately, if I were to weight the states of a region based on the percentage of the population in a region they make up, it would just make the leading region, Northern New England, look even that much better compared to the other regions. In Northern New England, the number would go from 28% to 29%.

It would lower the average for the next 5 strongest regions: New England 22%, Canadian Border 22%, West Coast 20%, Northeast 20%, Pacific Northwest 20%. That would make Northern New England 10 percentage points better or mean there is about 33% more support for Ron Paul in Northern New England than the next strongest regions of the county. Since I'm already accused of being heavily New Hampshire focused, this would just draw negative unwanted attention to me.

Additionally, the percentage of the vote Paul received is only one indicator. Paul's two highest states were VA and ME but a lot of factors went into those numbers. Clearly, if VA would have been a 10 or even 4 person race, the numbers would have been different. If ME had an open caucus, a primary or a larger percentage of the population voters, things would be different there. While I feel these numbers are interesting, this isn't the be all, end all.

Montana 14%

South Dakota 13%

New Jersey 10%

NJ brought the Mid-Atlantic average down from 16% to 15%. NJ brought the Northeast average down from 20% to 19%.

New Mexico 10%

NM brought the Mountain West average down from 16% to 15%.

California 10%

CA brought the West Coast average down from 20% to 18%.

In MT, SD, NJ and NM, Ron Paul received fewer votes than in 2008.

As of 6/6, the strongest regions are: Northern New England 28%, New England 22%, Canadian Border 22%, Pacific Northwest 20%, Northeast 19%, West Coast 18%...
    Last edited by Keith and stuff; 06-06-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast