Thread: Sun Tzu endorses Ron Paul (For convincing soldiers and strategists)

Sun Tzu endorses Ron Paul (For convincing soldiers and strategists)

This is an English translation from Chapter 2 of Sun Tzu's Art of War, written 2500 years ago.

I removed parts that seemed anachronistic. You can decide for yourself, though.
    Source: http://www.sonshi.com/sun2.html

These verses are point-by-point endorsement of Ron Paul's position and candidacy -- especially the part about the wealth of citizens.

I know soldiers already know all this, hence the huge support from the military, but this will explain WHY to those who are NOT in the military. (Plus, Sun Tzu is widely known and respected by people in the military as well as those in business, etc.)

Sun-tzu said, 2500 years ago:

When doing battle, seek a quick victory.

A protracted battle will blunt weapons and dampen ardor.

If the army is exposed to a prolonged campaign, the nation's resources will not suffice.

When weapons are blunted, and ardor dampened, strength exhausted, and resources depleted, the neighboring rulers will take advantage of these complications.

Then even the wisest of counsels would not be able to avert the consequences that must ensue.

Therefore, I have heard of military campaigns that were clumsy but swift, but I have never seen military campaigns that were skilled but protracted.

No nation has ever benefited from protracted warfare.

Therefore, if one is not fully cognizant of the dangers inherent in doing battle, one cannot fully know the benefits of doing battle.

Those skilled in doing battle do not raise troops twice, or transport provisions three times.

A nation can be impoverished by the army when it has to supply the army at great distances.

When provisions are transported at great distances, the citizens will be impoverished.

Those in proximity to the army will sell goods at high prices.

When goods are expensive, the citizens' wealth will be exhausted.

When their wealth is exhausted, the peasantry will be afflicted with increased taxes.

When all strength has been exhausted and resources depleted, all houses in the central plains utterly impoverished, seven-tenths of the citizens' wealth dissipated,

the government's expenses from damaged chariots, worn-out horses, armor, helmets, arrows and crossbows, halberds and shields, draft oxen, and heavy supply wagons,

will be six-tenths of its reserves.

Mix the captured chariots with our own, treat the captured soldiers well.

This is called defeating the enemy and increasing our strength.

Therefore, the important thing in doing battle is victory, not protracted warfare.

Therefore, a general who understands warfare is the guardian of people's lives, and the ruler of the nation's security.

Ron Paul for President.

liberty=responsibility

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Wow. Can't argue with that. Perhaps Ron Paul Tzu needs to start quoting Sun Tzu.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

"Mix the captured chariots with our own, treat the captured soldiers well."

That one has particuarly been ignored of late, 'cept by the Special Forces. Part of the MIC is the shunning of all things not produced at great expense.

I'd hope anyone who would take the time to read Sun Tzu already supports Ron Paul, but that probably isn't the case.

This could change things for the better for Ron Paul.