Thread: At what stage in NC do we need Robert's Rules of Order

At what stage in NC do we need Robert's Rules of Order

I still haven't started on it, because of lack of time.

At what point in the delegate process does the need for it kick in? County? District? State?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    District and state is where the action begins. County conventions don't do much more than credential the delegates and give local candidates a chance to introduce themselevs to potential volunteers. The party will also hand out "please donate $X per month" pleas to people.

You don't need to read Robert's Rules cover to cover. Mainly focus on understanding how rules are approved, how votes are counted, motions to nominate, and motions to amend. Special motions like "Call for Division", "Move the Previous Question", and "Point of Order / Parliamentary Inquiry" are also worth knowing.
    Last edited by MozoVote; 03-12-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Thanks. I had already decided that I ain't donating $#@! to the GOP. Funding GOP = Funding Unconstitutional Wars. Is that a red flag for me in their eyes?

Not really. There is some pressure applied to people who work their way up into the party hierarchy and sit on committees. Base level volunteers and delegates may be asked politely to donate, but generally the chairman is just glad to get some bodies in the room. Just smile and put the solicitation with your other material they hand out to everybody.

Usually there is a fee to enter the convention anyway. If the local GOP is competent they should be making a profit on the event.
    Last edited by MozoVote; 03-12-2012 at 06:22 AM.