Thread: Some Alaska conventions are reconvening bcuz not enuf people for delegates

Some Alaska conventions are reconvening bcuz not enuf people for delegates

"Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    "It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance." Robert Kennedy

http://scully13.wordpress.com/about men of dark intentions

So typical. People will *vote* Romney or Santorum, but they are not invested personally in their candidacy.

It does cost something to be a delegate. Travel costs, hotel feels, babysitting. That also separates the real supporters from the ones just phoning it in. Especially in a place like Alaska which has muddy roads and fog this time of year.

Quote Originally Posted by MozoVote View Post
    So typical. People will *vote* Romney or Santorum, but they are not invested personally in their candidacy.

It does cost something to be a delegate. Travel costs, hotel feels, babysitting. That also separates the real supporters from the ones just phoning it in. Especially in a place like Alaska which has muddy roads and fog this time of year.
    Or once you get past the mooses you've got snow to deal with.

I got the picture from Anchorage in an email today. It also included this weather report:

We're about to break the snowfall record since 1954--which was 132.0 inches. We're at 126.0--and it's only March 11. I've seen it dump 12 inches in one day in April before. So I think we're in like flint. BUT if it stopped TODAY I'd be OK with that too. Can you even imagine breakup? There's 11 feet of snow in EVERYONES yard. They predict the snow in some places will not melt this year at all! But we changed the clock today--spring is coming--2 more months.

That's from pretty much in the center of the city!
    Last edited by Carson; 03-11-2012 at 10:15 PM.