Thread: Georgia - How to become a delegate

Georgia - How to become a delegate

This flyer explains the process well:
    http://www.lindaherren.net/StepsToSe...P2012Final.pdf

From what I understand, this is how you become a delegate:

1. On 2/18, counties with population over 80k will hold a Precinct Mass Meeting to elect delegates to County Conventions. Contact your County GOP to determine the exact time and location of your Precinct Mass Meeting.

2. On 3/10, County Conventions will be held to elect delegates to District Conventions and the State Convention. Precinct Mass Meetings for counties with population less than 80k will be held immediately before the County Conventions.

3. On 4/14, District Conventions will be held to elect Congressional District delegates to the National Convention.

4. Between 5/18-29, the State Convention will be held to elect At Large delegates to the National Convention.

If you want to be a delegate, you MUST attend your Precinct Mass Meeting on February 18.

Also, Georgia's National Committeeman and National Committeewoman are elected at the State Convention. They are superdelegates and serve four year terms.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I signed up to be a Georgia GOP delegate for Ron Paul in Lowndes County. I have no idea what to do so off to learn I go!

Quote Originally Posted by Savvy Jack View Post
    I signed up to be a Georgia GOP delegate for Ron Paul in Lowndes County. I have no idea what to do so off to learn I go!
    I hope you've been getting the e-mails from Charles. Great information for the start of the main event this Sat.

So we had to attend on the 18th of February to be considered?

(Only asking because I was contacted by ga4ronpaul concerning becoming a delegate and I wasn't there on the 18th, so maybe it doesn't matter?)
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 03-02-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    So we had to attend on the 18th of February to be considered?
    If you live in a small county (population less than 80k) then there was no Precinct Mass Meeting on February 18 in your county. If that is the case for you, you need to attend your County Convention on March 10. They will hold their Precinct Mass Meeting at the same time.

There's more info and contact info here:
    http://ga4ronpaul.com/Delegate.aspx

The Precinct Mass Meeting is held an hour before the County Convention in most cases. So it should list in most cases the Precinct Mass Meeting at 9am and the Count Convention at 10am. (I have done this three time and my county is less than 80k) Come early! If you are not there by the schedule time, per the GOP GA rules, you will not be allowed in the room.

Okay thanks.

How do we know who are our Ron Paul delegates? When I go on the 10th it'll look suspicious probably if I nominate myself when no one else there has ever seen me before, lol. So if there's a Ron Paul supporter there, I'll want to vote for him/her, right? (or is it not that easy?)
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Okay thanks.

How do we know who are our Ron Paul delegates? When I go on the 10th it'll look suspicious probably if I nominate myself when no one else there has ever seen me before, lol. So if there's a Ron Paul supporter there, I'll want to vote for him/her, right? (or is it not that easy?)
    Go to this web site, find your county and email the Ron Paul County Coordinator. He can tell you, maybe, who other Ron Paul people are in your area. Also, sign up and the website will send you an email with a list of folks in your area.

http://ga4ronpaul.com/Contact.aspx

http://ga4ronpaul.com/Volunteer.aspx

question:

Do you have to be registered as a republican to be a delegate?

Georgia has an open primary so you don't have to declare to vote tomorrow but for the purpose of becoming a GOP candidate do I need to change my registration to republican before Saturday, March 10?
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

question:

Do you have to be registered as a republican to be a delegate?

Georgia has an open primary so you don't have to declare to vote tomorrow but for the purpose of becoming a GOP candidate do I need to change my registration to republican before Saturday, March 10?
    There is no party registration in Georgia. Everyone is just registered to vote...that's it.

So who all went to their county convention today? I went to Gwinnett's...and now I'll be a delegate at the district level (district 4), and the state level!