Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel is only Mideast state safe for Christians, envoy to U.S. says

Israel is only Mideast state safe for Christians, envoy to U.S. says

With aipac lobby's Iran war itch week in Washington just wrapping up, lot of strange news are popping up.

Israel is only Mideast state safe for Christians, envoy to U.S. says

Israel is the only country in the Middle East that is safe for Christians, Israel's ambassador to the United States Michael Oren wrote in an op-ed column for the Wall Street Journal on Friday, comparing what he said was the suppression of Christian communities in Arab states to the twentieth-century expulsion of Jews from these nations.
    the desecration of the Church of the Nativity in the West Bank as instances indicating a threat to Christianity in the Muslim world, adding that conversion "to Christianity is a capital offense in Iran, where last month Pastor Yousef Nadarkhani was sentenced to death."

Oren concluded the article, in which he cites the exodus of Palestinian Christians from the West Bank and Gaza over increased pressure by Islamist groups such as Hamas, by syaing that the "extinction of the Middle East's Christian communities is an injustice of historic magnitude."

"Yet Israel provides an example of how this trend can not only be prevented but reversed. With the respect and appreciation that they receive in the Jewish state, the Christians of Muslim countries could not only survive but thrive," Oren wrote.
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomac...-says-1.417549

He forgot to mention that to weaken nationalist, secular Arafat (whose wife was a Christian woman), Israel created Hamas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3vF6Vcjr0

Also not clear why Israeli doors are completely shut for any of the millions of Iraqi arab christians who had to flee Iraq freedom bloodshed, because they are not of chosen race? Syria in contrast opened its doors and absorbed many of Iraqi Christians fleeing war violence. That is until Al qeda and Israeli lobby agents spread enough violence there too to destabalize another christian friendly secular government.
    Last edited by moderate libertarian; 03-11-2012 at 11:39 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Recent news do not paint a picture showing christian friendly atmosphere in holy land. There are reports of christian bibles neing burnt by city mayor, postmen refusing to deliver bibles and attacks like these:

Published 03:03 27.02.12 Latest update 03:03 27.02.12

Vatican asks Peres to help find 'price tag' culprits
    Father Pierbattista Pizzaballa, Custodian of the Holy Land and head of the Franciscan Order in Israel responds to attacks on Narkis Street Baptist Congregation.
    By Nir Hasson

Father Pierbattista Pizzaballa, Custodian of the Holy Land and head of the Franciscan Order in Israel, was responding to incidents that included painting slogans on the Narkis Street Baptist Congregation, on a Christian cemetery on Mount Zion and on the Greek Orthodox monastery in the Valley of the Cross. The slogans included "Jesus is dead," "Death to Christianity," "Mary is a whore" and "price tag."
    http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...prits-1.414975

Before following video is entered into evidence as holy land exhibit C, can some expert here confirm that this indeed is accurate translation of TV program ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA6vRC1xW_c

Quote Originally Posted by moderate libertarian View Post
    Recent news do not paint a picture showing christian friendly atmosphere in holy land. There are reports of christian bibles neing burnt by city mayor, postmen refusing to deliver bibles and attacks like these:

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...prits-1.414975

Before following video is entered into evidence as holy land exhibit C, can some expert here confirm that this indeed is accurate translation of TV program ?

There`s a strong Armenian christian community in Israel that`s been living there for ages in very good harmony.

Certain traditional Jews are afraid their traditions are fading away and that they`re blending in with Christians. Most want to assimilate as that monkey`s saying, leaving Israel for places like Switzerland.

I may not agree with this form of satire as seems bit sadistic for my taste but it`s freedom of expression. I wouldn`t feel offended by something like this. No one should.
    You`d probably have a big scandal on your hands if you`d show something like this on US television due to political and religious correctness.
    Last edited by JuicyG; 03-10-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Let`s get Ron Paul into top 10 to generate headlines. We need more people.

"What does not kill me, makes me stronger."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche, philosopher (1844-1900), Twilight of the Idols

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    - Arthur Schopenhauer, philosopher (1788 - 1860)

https://twitter.com/#!/JuicyGrabs

It is only safe for the tourist dollars.

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    It is only safe for the tourist dollars.

Even that doesn't always go smoothly if they wear tshirts that can get them identified as christians.

Ultra-Orthodox Jews attack Christian tourists in Jerusalem

A group of 50 pro-Israel Christian tourists came under attack Wednesday from some 100 residents of the ultra-Orthodox neighborhood of Mea
    She'arim in Jerusalem.

Three of the tourists and a police officer were wounded in the attack. They received treatment at the scene.

The tourists arrived at Mea She'arim wearing orange T-shirts with the words "Love your neighbor as yourself" printed across them.

As they neared one of the squares, the local residents apparently identified them as Christians and began to hit them.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/732437.html

Following expose should be read with a grain of salt as source is Christian oriented group that is known to pray for Israel & wants freedom to invite Israeli jews to message of Christ but reports cited about threats/terror attacks targetting those accepting message of Christ are validated by Israeli media also:

Across Israel – for those who have heard the reports – there is shock and disbelief that a terror attack on a 15-year old Jewish boy in Ariel in March 2008 may have been a case of Jewish terrorism. It is a hard concept for Jews to accept – a horrific act of Jew-on-Jew terrorism. Having been the victims of such acts throughout the annals of history, to believe that Jews could become exactly like their persecuting enemies is almost unthinkable to most Jews. The unthinkable is not softened by the cold insistence from some that the targeted family is “not really Jewish” because of their faith in Yeshua (Jesus).

Yaakov Teitel, an ultra-Orthodox settler, appeared for the first time in open court December 10th to stand trial for multiple murder and attempted murder charges including the Purim 2008 attack on a Messianic Jewish family which seriously wounded David and Leah Ortiz’ youngest child, Amiel.

The case places several sensitive and controversial issues in public view from the troubling rise of a new Jewish extremism within the settlements to the appalling state of civil and religious freedom protection for Messianic Jews in Israel. It is a case that Israeli authorities might be anxious to see quietly brought to a swift end with the conviction of a deranged “lone wolf” with no greater implications unpacked.

But that is not the truth of this case, as we have learned from 21 months of following the case via weekly input from the Ortiz family.
    http://israelprayer.com/articles/Expose%20PT%201.html

Quote Originally Posted by JuicyG View Post
    There`s a strong Armenian christian community in Israel that`s been living there for ages in very good harmony.

Certain traditional Jews are afraid their traditions are fading away and that they`re blending in with Christians. Most want to assimilate as that monkey`s saying, leaving Israel for places like Switzerland.

I may not agree with this form of satire as seems bit sadistic for my taste but it`s freedom of expression. I wouldn`t feel offended by something like this. No one should.
    You`d probably have a big scandal on your hands if you`d show something like this on US television due to political and religious correctness.
    Yes, agreed there is lot of correctness of various sorts in US. I take it then that you see translation text as accurate.
    Last edited by moderate libertarian; 03-11-2012 at 06:53 AM.

Christians would be safer in Iran than Israel.
    I am the spoon.

Even that doesn't always go smoothly if they wear tshirts that can get them identified as christians.

Ultra-Orthodox Jews attack Christian tourists in Jerusalem

A group of 50 pro-Israel Christian tourists came under attack Wednesday from some 100 residents of the ultra-Orthodox neighborhood of Mea
    She'arim in Jerusalem.

Three of the tourists and a police officer were wounded in the attack. They received treatment at the scene.

The tourists arrived at Mea She'arim wearing orange T-shirts with the words "Love your neighbor as yourself" printed across them.

As they neared one of the squares, the local residents apparently identified them as Christians and began to hit them.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/732437.html

Yes, agreed there is lot of correctness of various sorts in US. I take it then that you see translation text as accurate.
    Don`t know if text is accurate or not. It fits the images to certain extent but devil is in the details. Maybe some Jewish speaker can translate it for us.

Political correctness is total BS. Ron Paul said so a number of times. Whole US society is in the grips of it. No need to show false patriotism where it`s not the case.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

Quote Originally Posted by John F Kennedy III View Post
    Christians would be safer in Iran than Israel.
    I see you like to spam for the sake of spamming. In Iran islamists who converted to Christianity are killed. Safe my ass.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuicyG View Post
    I see you like to spam for the sake of spamming. In Iran islamists who converted to Christianity are killed. Safe my ass.
    Christmas in Iran
    Woowee, scary. booga, booga!
    http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1544484/posts

Father Pierbattista Pizzaballa, Custodian of the Holy Land and head of the Franciscan Order in Israel, was responding to incidents that included painting slogans on the Narkis Street Baptist Congregation, on a Christian cemetery on Mount Zion and on the Greek Orthodox monastery in the Valley of the Cross. The slogans included "Jesus is dead," "Death to Christianity," "Mary is a whore" and "price tag."

I like that you labelled it exhibit C.

The fact that your evidence is some big boobed chick on what looks like some sort of version of Saturday Night Live as well as "anti-Christian" graffiti means you are really grasping at straws. Are we really to the point now where anti-Christian graffiti in Israel is news now? Are we really that desperate?

I guarantee you in the past 12 months in the United States there have been at least 100 incidents of anti-Jewish graffiti and probably 1,000 incidents of anti-Christian graffiti. We're really to the point of grasping at straws now.

The only place in the Middle East where Christians aren't endangered but flourishing is Israel. Since Israel's founding in 1948, its Christian communities (including Russian and Greek Orthodox, Catholics, Armenians and Protestants) have expanded more than 1,000%.
    1,000% growth I'd say is pretty good.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Christmas in Iran
    Anyone can post pictures. Would you agree that a country which kills Muslims who convert to Christianity is likely not friendly towards Christianity?

Due to the socio-economic and political pressures in the years following the Iranian Revolution, periods of outright persecution and times of more latent discrimination, many Iranian Christians, both as part of the general exodus of Iranians and as response to the specific pressures, have emigrated, mostly to the USA, Canada and Western Europe. In 2000, about 0.4% of Iran's population were Christians. In 1975, Christians numbered about 1.5% of the total population.
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    Anyone can post pictures.
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Tell me about the treatment of Messianic Jews in Israel then. (Jews that accept Christ as the Messiah)
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Anyone can post pictures. Would you agree that a country which kills Muslims who convert to Christianity is likely not friendly towards Christianity?
    Would you agree that a country that profiles muslims, throws them in jail without trial indefinitely is not friendly to islam?

Would you agree that a country that profiles muslims, throws them in jail without trial indefinitely is not friendly to islam?
    I believe the Indefinite Detection Act applies to all US citizens regardless of religious affiliation.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

Tell me about the treatment of Messianic Jews in Israel then. (Jews that accept Christ as the Messiah)
    http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/407139.aspx

In Israel, a resurgence in the number of Jews who believe in Jesus is getting a lot of attention. Many leaders say it's the strongest growth since the time of Jesus and that the Messianic movement could be on the brink of a great revival.

"This is the first time where we've seen Israeli society in general being so open to consider who Yeshua is," said Messianic leader Asher Intrater. "This is a real miracle, and there's beginning to be grace and favor with us in the land."

Although Jesus and the early disciples were Jewish, for nearly 2,000 years the gospel has been viewed as a religion mainly for Gentiles. Even the name Jesus or Yeshua has been a forbidden word among many Jews. But in the last few years, Messianic leaders in Israel say something important is happening.

"I believe with all my heart, after we have come back to the land, we are seeing the Lord, the Holy Spirit, is removing the veil from the eyes of the Jews and more and more Jews are realizing," Tel Aviv pastor Avi Mizrachi said.

Although nobody knows for sure how many Messianic Jews live in Israel, it's believed there are about 120 congregations now and 10,000-15,000 Jewish believers in Jesus.

That may not sound like many given Israel's nearly six million Jews, but it's a far cry from 10 years ago when there were only about 3,500 Jewish believers and 80 congregations.

A good example is Shemen Sasson in Jerusalem, where attendance has nearly tripled over the past four years. Today, close to 300 people attend the meetings, most of them Jewish or people married to Jews. And salvations are increasing.

Meet the Ronens. Daniel, Ayelet and their five children are Israeli believers. Ayelet is an Israeli Jew and Daniel is a Finnish Gentile. But his family has been here since before Israel became a nation. They believe Jesus is the Jewish Messiah.

"When Jesus came, when Yeshua came, he came to talk to our people," Ayelet Ronen said. "He walked on our land, He spoke our language, He spoke in our synagogues. Really, He came for us!

Yad-Hashmona is a beautiful little village about 10 miles outside Jerusalem, and the only one home to just Messianic Jewish believers like the Ronens.

For this family, being Israeli and believing in Jesus is a natural fit. They keep the Jewish feasts, circumcise their sons, keep the Sabbath and serve in the army. And even though they live in a Messianic village, they don't feel secluded from the rest of Israeli society.

"Our kids go with everybody else to school... I go to work outside...Our principle is to go out and be part of society," Daniel Ronen explained.

Their children sometimes face challenges but have used those occasions to witness.

"My friends started to know I'm a believer and they ask me if I'm a believer. I tell them I'm a believer in Yeshua and it's really good to believe in Him and that maybe you can one day believe in him, too," third grader Adan said.

The Ronens are sometimes accused of being missionaries, a very bad word in Israel. But they insist they are not.

"My point is to share my faith with anyone who wants to hear me and I will gladly share the Good News of my faith," Ayelet said. "I never speak of y'ou should do, and you should change."'

In addition to Israeli-born believers, many are from other countries. American Jews Eddie and Jackie Santoro became believers during the1970s Jesus Movement.

They made aliyah to Israel 11 years ago, learned Hebrew, and now lead a growing congregation in Jerusalem.

"Our current congregation, we started almost two years ago with about 20 people. Today we have over 100," Eddie Santoro explained. "We see salvations here and there, but we feel like there's something yet to come. It's definitely growing."

But being a Jewish believer in Israel isn't easy.

"I think probably the greatest challenge is that you always feel that the rest of society isn't accepting you. And so when you meet somebody and you want to talk to them and you want to tell them who you are, there's always that challenge of, 'should I say something,";Jackie Santoro said.

For the first time, the secular media are saying something, even mentioning Messianic Jews in a more favorable light. A recent wave of persecution, including the bombing of a young Jewish believer, have put Messianic Jews on the front page.

"At least we see that believers are being asked to explain who they are, what they believe in, why they are here...how they can be Israeli and believe in Jesus and be given an opportunity to tell their story and share their testimony," Knut Hoyland of the Caspari Center said.

What does this movement mean for the Body of Christ?

"It really is ultimately a battle for the return of the Lord - because Jesus will not return until the Jewish people say Baruch h'abba B'shem Adonai - Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord," said worship leader Karen Davis.

"One of our other banner statements is from Romans 11, that all Israel will be saved. So we are focused, not just on growth in the body here and revival - but as I said, ultimately, bringing Yeshua back and His Kingdom being established on the Earth," Asher said.

Ayelet said, "If it wasn't for Yeshua, we would be lost - just like the lost sheep of Israel we would be. It's because of Him there is that completion in our life and hope for the future."

"If it wasn't for Yeshua, we would be lost," Ayelet said.
    Looks like the population has grown 400% in the past ten years. How does that compare to the population of Jews or Christians in Iran?

Are you really trying to compare US treatment of Muslims to Iranian treatment of Christians? Laws in the US are equal regardless of religion.

By the way the population of Muslims in the US continues to grow and Muslims continue to immigrate here which would make me believe this is a country where Muslims generally feel welcomed.

The Christian population of Iran continues to shrink.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Looks like the population has grown 400% in the past ten years. How does that compare to the population of Jews or Christians in Iran?
    Not sure.. Haven't heard, I have heard what happens when we start wars though.
    But back to the question,,
    http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...812430,00.html

Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Are you really trying to compare US treatment of Muslims to Iranian treatment of Christians? Laws in the US are equal regardless of religion.
    Really? how many jews or christians are housed in guantanamo?

Not sure.. Haven't heard, I have heard what happens when we start wars though.
    But back to the question,,
    http://www.time.com/time/world/artic...812430,00.html

Your cognitive dissonance is so strong. There is no breaking through.

This is a show made by an Israeli TV station airing in Israel showing ultra-Orthodox Judaism racism as well as Jews and Christians arguing with those people. It's not different from documentaries about racism or religious persecution in the United States. The fact that this is out in the open and television stations in Israel are showing Christians in a positive light and AGAINST the hatred of some Jews is what I call a modern country.

Why are you so grasping at straws? The OP is telling me somebody wrote graffiti on a Church? Come on.... that's desperation.

My Christian friend who is a pastor just got back. He had a great time with no issues; everybody was friendly.

He got to visit the Wailing Wall, drink from Jacob's well, and walk the path that Jesus carried the cross on.

Really? how many jews or christians are housed in guantanamo?
    Are people put in Guantanmo only because they are Muslim?

Look here are the facts - more Christians move to Israel than leave. More Muslims immigrate to the US than leave.

More Christians leave Iran then immigrate to Iran.

Why? If the US is so hostile to Muslims why do so many come here to make a better life for themselves? If Iran is so great to Christians and they have all these amazing photos of Christmas like you posted why do so many Christians leave the country?

Good grief the race card.

Christmas in Iran
    I have to consider the legitimacy of those pictures, considering Iran kills people for being Christians.

being in a Muslim country currently, and hearing some of the $#@! my family says or how they react to a brother being Jewish, and a mother being Christian, yes there is a degree of intellectual hostility toward non-Muslims.

that being said, some of the more wise Muslims have told me things such as all people and all languages are beautiful, and most people are not hostile and do not act on their prejudices.

at the questioning by the class, my UCF Arabic teacher, a Coptic Christian, said she felt equally as safe in Egypt as in America, with the obvious acknowledgement on my part that, besides her feelings, there is hostility by many in Egypt toward the Coptics.

religious and cultural differences are going to create tensions, but most people just want to live their lives, provide for their families, and stick to their own business.
    Last edited by Toureg89; 03-10-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone can post pictures. Would you agree that a country which kills Muslims who convert to Christianity is likely not friendly towards Christianity?.[/i]
    i would say the GOVERNMENT is anti-Christian. and if its anything i've learned from the protests and the secularization of the population due to religion being forced on them, its that whatever the government does is not necessary equivalent to the desire of the people.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

Are people put in Guantanmo only because they are Muslim?
    nice dodge. yes, I have no doubt they are there because they are muslim.

Look here are the facts - more Christians move to Israel than leave. More Muslims immigrate to the US than leave.
    More Christians leave Iran then immigrate to Iran.
    Why? If the US is so hostile to Muslims why do so many come here to make a better life for themselves? If Iran is so great to Christians and they have all these amazing photos of Christmas like you posted why do so many Christians leave the country?[/QUOTE]

I have no problem offering politial asylum to foreign christians that want to flee their mother country because of persecution. but let's not act like our $#@! doesn't stink. there is great prejudice and hate and arguably a religious war against muslims on the part of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    Good grief the race card.
    you are of course aware that neither islam or muslim are races, yes? are you going to pretend there aren't prejudices against muslims in the US? because I could forward your name and address to some hate groups that seem to think because I'm republican I want their hate junk mail delivered by the post office.

you are of course aware that neither islam or muslim are races, yes? are you going to pretend there aren't prejudices against muslims in the US? because I could forward your name and address to some hate groups that seem to think because I'm republican I want their hate junk mail delivered by the post office.
    Well I didn't know you could tell a person's religion by looking at them, "profiling", so it seemed you were insuating that Muslims are brown people.

There are prejudices in America against Muslims, like any race/religion.

Well I didn't know you could tell a person's religion by looking at them, "profiling", so it seemed you were insuating that Muslims are brown people.
    There are more types of profiling than just racial profiling. for example: if somebody is seen going into a mosque carrying a prayer rug there is a darn good chance they are muslim.

I have to consider the legitimacy of those pictures, considering Iran kills people for being Christians.
    That or question the other story..
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast