Thread: Republicans Like Ike. Use this.

Republicans Like Ike. Use this.

Eisenhower was a five-star general during WWII. Many Republicans, especially older folks, really like him. There is only one guy mainstream Republicans get more nostalgic about than Eisenhower, and I don't think I have to tell you who that is.

Foreign policy is the biggest issue on which we have an image problem. In Tennessee, Ron Paul got fourth, largely because of that one issue. If we can get people to see that Ike was not for endless expansion of militarism, we can open some minds.

Ron Paul often brings up Senator Robert Taft ("Mr. Republican"). He ran against Eisenhower in 1952 in the Republican primary and lost. Taft was a true non-interventionist. The problem is that no one knows who Robert Taft is. They think you're talking about the fat guy who was president after Teddy Roosevelt. At least that's what I thought at first.

Ike was not a non-interventionist. The 1953 coup in Iran that Ron Paul brings up all the time was done on Eisenhower's watch. But Eisenhower recognized the dangers of ever-increasing militarism and popularized the term "military-industrial complex".

People know who Ike is. And they love him. Use this video and show it to Republicans you know.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To the person who gave this thread one star:

Thanks for your input. Please provide explanation/constructive criticism....