Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nearly 2,000 people waited for more than an hour outside Lied Center in KS 2 hear Ron Paul

Nearly 2,000 people waited for more than an hour outside Lied Center in KS 2 hear Ron Paul

http://6lawrence.com/news/politics/r...wrence-voters/

That's a relief. I saw that he had 500 per media reports at an earlier appearance during the work day and I was concerned. (That was the one with the governor, too. Bet he's wishing he went to this one.)

Not that media is always or even usually accurate about Ron's crowds (they call thousands hundreds some times). I chalk it down to running out of fingers and toes.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-09-2012 at 11:35 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is Lawrence, Kansas...Is there anybody out there...Anybody at all??

from Ron's embedded reporter:

Twitter / Anthony Terrell: At KU @RonPaul supporters ...
    twitter.com
    At KU @RonPaul supporters line up outside venue for speech in Lawrence. Is there a KU bball game tonight? http://t.co/mDdPPjaS

“At KU in Lawrence @RonPaul: Heard there was some competition on campus, so I appreciate you coming tonight”
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-09-2012 at 11:43 PM.
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden

crowd shot from Terrell!

Anthony Terrell ‏ @AnthonyNBCNews Reply Retweeted Favorite · Open
    The Topeka KS Performing Arts Center welcomes @RonPaul for 12:30pm town hall instagr.am/p/H9W7o6TWNr/

I think something that's been overlooked lately is that if there are travelers following Paul around the country, or even across the state, to see him in person, God bless you, but give other folks from the area a chance to see him themselves. I'm not saying don't go, just don't take up valuable space in the venue. And stay home on the big day and VOTE!

1. Topeka is just 15 minutes from Lawrence. To the other direction, Kansas City is about 30 minutes from Lawrence. Being on a Friday at noon, knowing that he'd be 15 minutes away at 7 that night, to me I think this is why the Topeka was a little smaller. I had no doubts Lawrence would be rocking and it was.

2. Kansas (the team that Lawrence, KC, and Topeka are OBSESSED about) played in the Big 12 Championship semi-finals at the same time as Ron Paul's speech. I went, made the sacrifice, even though I miss very few Jayhawk basketball games, and was glad I did. I think this may have tempered the crowd a little.

3. Lied Center sold out. 2,000 people. I heard many were turned away. Even with the BBall game, the people still turned out well.

4. Time to pray for a Kansas "Surprise". We are well known for our surprising weather shifts. Maybe that will transfer into the voting tomorrow.

5. I'm not sure why I numbered stuff, but I wanted to keep it going.
    Ron Paul needs YOU to become a

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan* View Post
    I think something that's been overlooked lately is that if there are travelers following Paul around the country, or even across the state, to see him in person, God bless you, but give other folks from the area a chance to see him themselves. I'm not saying don't go, just don't take up valuable space in the venue. And stay home on the big day and VOTE!
    I don't think people are going cross country, but I think if people are the next town over, but across a state line, it is pretty hard not to go see him. And everyone's state is going to vote, eventually.

I think if there isn't enough room and people will be turned away, as has happened many times, THEN those who know his speeches by heart might let others in....

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It was rockin! Dr. Paul gave a great speech.

Lawrence is heavily Democrat. Obama won 3 counties in Kansas and Lawrence is in one of them. To get 2000 people to come hear a Republican candidate is amazing.

I hope to see Dr. Paul at our caucus tomorrow!

WJH

The Tulsa area Ron Paul meetup group travelled to KS today and some are traveling to MO to see him.

So, yea, people travel from across that state and across state lines to see the man.

And so we continue to obvious: crowd sizes never translate into tangible votes.
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Oh yay! another large group of people that will disappear come election day. Same old story.

Make it priority that Undecideds gets preference into the rally/townhall. Ron Paul supporters should just chill unless theres extra space. We need undecided voters to listen to Ron =P.

Quote Originally Posted by Sullivan* View Post
    This may be a slightly different topic, but this is another reason I believe the elections are fixed. Romney and Santorum don't have people coming across the country to see them speak, like Ron Paul does. Yet somehow they get higher vote totals. If people are going half way across the country to see Ron Paul speak, they are going to drive a couple miles to vote. Its ridiculous that the media expects us to believe that these people who see Ron Paul in person are not voting.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    crowd shot from Terrell!

Wow! impressive!. how many does Romney get at his rallies?....300 you say....oh my!.

Quote Originally Posted by tttppp View Post
    This may be a slightly different topic, but this is another reason I believe the elections are fixed. Romney and Santorum don't have people coming across the country to see them speak, like Ron Paul does. Yet somehow they get higher vote totals. If people are going half way across the country to see Ron Paul speak, they are going to drive a couple miles to vote. Its ridiculous that the media expects us to believe that these people who see Ron Paul in person are not voting.
    No, just because Ron Paul has people driving great distances to see him speak really doesn't mean that some other candidates can't get more votes.

Quote Originally Posted by millercards View Post
    2. Kansas (the team that Lawrence, KC, and Topeka are OBSESSED about) played in the Big 12 Championship semi-finals at the same time as Ron Paul's speech. I went, made the sacrifice, even though I miss very few Jayhawk basketball games, and was glad I did.
    You, sir, are a true patriot.

Shout out on twitter:
    https://twitter.com/#!/TonyStuntz/st...07330469933057

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    brief excerpt from the Kansas University speech,

Quote Originally Posted by parocks View Post
    No, just because Ron Paul has people driving great distances to see him speak really doesn't mean that some other candidates can't get more votes.
    Its a very good indicator. Why am I suppose to believe that people will drive half way across the country to see Ron Paul, but won't drive a couple miles to vote? That seems pretty stupid to me. Yet Rick Santorum and Romney can barely get people to come to their events, yet people somehow vote for them. That doesn't make sense.

Now.... Get Ron Paul to tell them to vote!

4.7 minute media interview after Kansas Uni speech. Audio only, left side of screen,

Enthusiastic crowd turns out for Paul rally ahead of today’s GOP caucuses
    http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2012/ma...ly-ahead-toda/

and 600 of them will vote :-/.

Quote Originally Posted by socal View Post
    brief excerpt from the Kansas University speech,

I love the Teddy Roosevelt reference at the beginning of the speech:

"Speak softly and carry a big stick!"

Any Main Stream Media out there or reporting on TV Zombie Machines? Got this from the LA Times / AP cover story... leave comments if you can

Ron Paul seeks breakthrough in Kansas caucuses

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics...tory?track=rss

Ron Paul speaks during a rally in Topeka, Kan. (Charlie Riedel / Associated Press / March 9, 2012)

By John Hoeffel March 9, 2012, 3:06 p.m.

Reporting from Topeka, Kan.—
    Hoping to improve on his third-place finish in the Kansas caucuses in 2008, Ron Paul was scheduled to make three campaign stops on Friday and planned to visit four caucuses on Saturday to deliver five-minute synopses of his libertarian agenda.

Citing the nation's wars, its struggling economy and its failing educational system, Paul told more than 400 sign-toting supporters in the state capital: "These problems could be solved by just following the Constitution, and that is what we really need."

Paul delivered his paean to limited government from the stage of the Topeka Performing Arts Center, a monument from a depressed era when big government was much more in favor and out-of-work Americans welcomed stimulus spending. The city building was completed in 1940 with a $7-million grant from the federal Works Progress Administration.

The Texas congressman, who has an organized campaign in Kansas, was introduced as "the champion of the Constitution" by a supporter who urged: "We must stand up and be counted." Next to the stage, a handwritten sign said: "Vote Ron Paul Get A Free Country."

Four years ago, Paul won 11% of the vote, finishing behind Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and Ariz. Sen. John McCain, the eventual nominee. He won more than three times as many votes as the fourth place finisher, Mitt Romney, who is the GOP front-runner in the delegate count.

Paul, wearing a suit and tie and appearing small on the enormous stage, outlined his astringent view of the federal government, which, as his supporters invariably note, has not changed since he first entertained politics in the 1970s, demanding the dollar be tied to the price of gold.

"Liberty, that's the issue of the day," he said, joined on stage by his wife and two granddaughters. "The American people want more individual freedom, not more government."

Levi Vincent, a 31-year-old master sergeant in the Air Force National Guard, said he became a Paul supporter after the Federal Reserve reduced the interest rate and he lost about $8,000 in the commodities market. He watched YouTube videos and concluded: "All his stances are in line with the Constitution. That's something I appreciated."

Vincent, who served 11 years in the Air Force, was wearing a "Veterans for Ron Paul" T-shirt. "I saw that he was constant over his entire career," he said.

"He always says yes or no, and he means it," said Heather Woods, a 28-year-old stay-at-home mother of four, who was wearing a "Students for Ron Paul" T-shirt from four years ago.

Woods said she was disappointed he was not doing better in the Republican presidential race so far. "It's a downer. I'm not going to lie about that," she said, saying she still plans to vote for him because she does not want to compromise her principles. "I feel like right now he's the only one who's true to what he says and I can trust that."

Paul walked the appreciative audience through his plans to reduce the size of government, calling for an end to the federal income tax, the Federal Reserve and the federal role in education, and a return to legal tender based on silver and gold.

He also stressed he would make real cuts in the federal government: $1 trillion dollars. "Unfortunately, today, the spending is not being cut and I want to cut a lot and we have to know where to cut and I think it's across the board," he said.

He also called for a restrained foreign policy and criticized calls for military action against Syria and Iran. "And who's urging them on? The other Republican candidates," he said.

Paul said that that nation needed a strong defense, but if it had to go to war, it should win quickly and come home. Paul insisted that the presidential candidate who promised peace had always won, even if some, such as President Nixon, did not "do a very good job."

"Guess what? Our current president was the peace candidate," he said, pointing out that President Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize. "He snuck into office as the peace candidate."
    Original source: Ron Paul seeks breakthrough in Kansas caucuses
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 03-10-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Oh cool, 2000 people come for his rally and 200 from them will actually get up off their ass on election day and vote. What is new? I have stopped becoming excited by the turnouts at Paul rallies.

^^^^ yup, same; Ron Paul needs to talk more about voting :P

to me it just dont make any sense, i cant see how these people are soo determined to hear him speak, and pack out all his rallies, but when it comes time to vote, they just dont go.... what sense does that make???? something fishy HAS GOT TO BE GOING ON!!! i mean think about it.... for these people to just show up to hear him speak, means that they have to somewhat follow politics, if they didnt, they wouldnt know who he is.... if they follow politics, then i would think there would be a very very good chance that these people actually go and vote.... so i ask, HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT HIS AUDIENCES DONT VOTE if they are determined enough to go to his speeches? call me what you want, but if you dont think there is funny business going on during elections, then i want some of the stuff your having!!! the only other explanation is that these people actually DO go out and vote, its just that these hard core supporters are the only ones that do vote, which means your either a hard core ron paul supporter which isnt close to being enough of the population to win ron the state, or your not for ron paul at all.hope that made sense lol if it didnt its ok, because we are all trying to figure it out lol

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    crowd shot from Terrell!

Wow that looks like 2K easy.

By the way - Lied Center - couldn't they come up with a better name?
    Ron Paul: "For those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do."

Quote Originally Posted by rb3b3 View Post
    to me it just dont make any sense, i cant see how these people are soo determined to hear him speak, and pack out all his rallies, but when it comes time to vote, they just dont go.... what sense does that make???? something fishy HAS GOT TO BE GOING ON!!! i mean think about it.... for these people to just show up to hear him speak, means that they have to somewhat follow politics, if they didnt, they wouldnt know who he is.... if they follow politics, then i would think there would be a very very good chance that these people actually go and vote.... so i ask, HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT HIS AUDIENCES DONT VOTE if they are determined enough to go to his speeches? call me what you want, but if you dont think there is funny business going on during elections, then i want some of the stuff your having!!! the only other explanation is that these people actually DO go out and vote, its just that these hard core supporters are the only ones that do vote, which means your either a hard core ron paul supporter which isnt close to being enough of the population to win ron the state, or your not for ron paul at all.hope that made sense lol if it didnt its ok, because we are all trying to figure it out lol
    It's a combination of both:

1) GOP shenanigans
    2) Useless youth following who can't be bothered to vote

It's a deadly mix any politician would kill to have.

Quote Originally Posted by UMULAS View Post
    ^^^^ yup, same; Ron Paul needs to talk more about voting :P
    Ron talks about voting all the time. A ton of people at his rallies aren't registered properly, I'm sure. I didn't REALLY become sold on him until just before our primary for 2008, even though I'd been kinda looking into him and even donated. I just didn't do my homework. If I had been registered wrong, it would have just been too bad.

But I'm pretty sick of hearing 'and most won't turn out to vote' when he has never had fewer votes in a state than at rallies. A particular county might have more at a rally, but people will drive to the next county to see him. Enthusiasm is a good thing separate from the vote.

Take a look at the ongoing Nevada caucus thread. Enthusiasm MATTERS. Gingrich beat Ron in Nevada, though barely, but Gingrich supporters aren't sticking with the process, and we are picking up their delegates.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 03-10-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast