Thread: U.S. Navy

U.S. Navy

Article I section 8 of the Constitution does call for Congress to provide and maintain a Navy. Is is possible that Ron Paul would consider a modification of his position on foreign policy in regards to the deployment of the Navy? Bring the ground troops home from their deployments around the world, but maintain a smarter naval deployment around the globe.

This is a compromise, but the boats move real slow and people would feel more reassured about Ron Paul's foreign policy if we maintain some sort of global presence. I personally like Ron Paul's foreign policy better than my suggestion, but this seems like a reasonable compromise that would incrementally move us in the right direction. Calls for military modernization might turn a weakness into a strength for the campaign.

Ron Paul says it in his speeches, people are begging him to change his foreign policy. Why not compromise? The freedom movement will understand and the base of people the campaign would appeal to would unquestionably be broadened.
    "Time is catching up with me." -Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simple View Post
    Article I section 8 of the Constitution does call for Congress to provide and maintain a Navy. Is is possible that Ron Paul would consider a modification of his position on foreign policy in regards to the deployment of the Navy? Bring the ground troops home from their deployments around the world, but maintain a smarter naval deployment around the globe.

This is a compromise, but the boats move real slow and people would feel more reassured about Ron Paul's foreign policy if we maintain some sort of global presence. I personally like Ron Paul's foreign policy better than my suggestion, but this seems like a reasonable compromise that would incrementally move us in the right direction. Calls for military modernization might turn a weakness into a strength for the campaign.

Ron Paul says it in his speeches, people are begging him to change his foreign policy. Why not compromise? The freedom movement will understand and the base of people the campaign would appeal to would unquestionably be broadened.
    I have heard that it is his policy to maintain a Navy presence.

But he doesn't talk about it. This is why he needs to give a major foreign policy speech, as well as release a written foreign policy plan (much like he did for his economic plan).