Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brokered Convention - Recruit Rand Paul for POTUS?

I would only want Rand nominated if it's clear Obama is going to lose. Ron can bring in the Democrats and Independents, but Rand would have a harder time with the Independents let alone Democrats.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by evilfunnystuff View Post
    It wouldn't be as good as Ron, but I would be happy with that.

Or, as I said in another thread...

It would be cool if Ron traded his delegates (with no endorsement) for Bill O'riely's time slot on Fox for 4 years, to use or delegate its use however he sees fit, with full editorial control, and full cancellation immunity.
    We'll DO IT LIVE!

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think Rand should run for President sooner or later. Probably in 2016. I think Rand probably would be more popular since he is younger and well spoken. I think Rand would have an easier time getting the GOP's support.

I just think Ron is 2012 and Rand is the future.

This is insane talk. Rand Paul cannot beat Obama. Only Ron Paul can do it. I won't vote for Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahj13 View Post
    I have a friend (not bound to Ron Paul, but a Republican through and through) who said he wants to vote for Rand Paul at a brokered convention
    Is he a delegate?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    This is insane talk. Rand Paul cannot beat Obama. Only Ron Paul can do it. I won't vote for Rand.
    Ron Paul is ancient. Ask John McCain how that stereotype worked?

JEB has just backed MITT
    2016 looms ...said a tad
    nervously... is the fix in?

Rand has the same political views as Ron.... and he is a better communicator and, honestly, a better leader. I would be just as excited to see Rand nominated.

Quote Originally Posted by agaiziunas View Post
    Rand Paul is introducing an FY2013 budget named "A Platform to Revitalize America". Great timing too... we all remember how much attention the "Ryan Plan" got and all the love (and debate) it netted. The establishment HATES Ron Paul but doesn't mind Rand so much..

Could this be a tee-up for Rand in 2012? Go brokered on the convention, recruit Rand, and discard Mitt/Frothy/Newt as they will have torn themselves apart by then and will realize none of them could possibly beat Obama.

http://www.randpaul2010.com/2012/03/...alize-america/
    Yes, I remember. Rand had a plan too. A better plan. But, it got almost no air play whatsoever.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

The possibility is growing by the day

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can someone give me a list of reasons why Rand ISN'T a good candidate? Sure, he's not Ron Paul, and won't even be close to the legacy of his father, but why ISN'T he a step in the right direction?

What specifically are people complaining about him?
    Last edited by Lishy; 03-28-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lishy View Post
    Can someone give me a list of reasons why Rand ISN'T a good candidate? Sure, he's not Ron Paul, and won't even be close to the legacy of his father, but why ISN'T he a step in the right direction?
    Probably the 2nd best option for VP we could hope for.

Some fanart I just made. I wonder if anyone understands the jokes in this image? :P

Rand Paul will officially declare a day of worship for the Aqua Buddha!

This is picking up steam. With his recent move in the Senate blocking war, and his new budget plan on the way- Rand is beginning to make a name for himself. I believe he would be an overall better president than Ron.

I love Ron. I am so glad he has done all he has done. But in 2012 Rand would be just as fit for office as Ron. In 2016 Rand is clearly our guy.
    AFSOC O.E.F. vet and current Student

MC let slip "Plan C" yesterday

I don't think anyone will be able to win at the convention without the libertarian vote behind them. However, if Ron can't get the necessary delegates, the next step should be to nominate Rand from the floor regardless, because that makes the VP situation even more likely, and Rand has a very good chance of swallowing the Santorum vote. They just want someone who will flaunt Jesus a little more on the trail. Rand pays homage to the desired decor of the GOP very well. I think he might be able to win from the floor, and it might be our best chance at getting something great out of this. Regardless, I have a feeling that Ron Paul's destiny is to become federal reserve chair.
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^this^
    ~i just
    ~gotta
    luv MC's
    ~APR 1
    thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roversaurus View Post
    I'd be all for it.

I'd like it a lot. I love Ron. I don't think there has ever been a better man in Congress. All the way back to the beginning. It might be the Ron is actually too decent of a human being to be President. It's why he's been able to gather limited government people to his candidacy. It's why the establishment were TERRIFIED back when it looked like he would win Iowa.

But, I 'd take Rand. I think Rand would be able to save the country. He wouldn't be perfect but he'd be hundreds of times better than anything else.

I'm very sad this country hasn't embraced someone like Ron, who is as honorable a man as this country has ever seen. But if it can't be him then Rand is certainly good enough.

It's strange that many run of the mill Republicans like Rand a lot but are ambivalent about Ron. A Rand presidency could be huge in winning back the American Right and returning it to its 1930's-40's Old Right roots.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    I can't understand this train of thought at all. Sure he's not as good as Ron but he's still pretty damn good.

Hell there are some social issues where I strongly disagree with Gary Johnson but the rest of the package is so good it's worth voting for.
    "Unlike my opponents, I'm not running from my voting record. I'm not running from my public statements. I'm not running from my predictions. I'm running on them." -Ron Paul

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." - H.L. Mencken

I am a non-interventionist,anti-Fed, anti-drug war socially conservative Paul supporter(i.e. paleocon)

thoughts of Doug Wead and the several interesting
    things that were indeedy said yesterday on Facebook

Has Mittens offered to withdraw his candidacy and support Rand Paul?

If the answer is NO, then this thread is IRRELEVANT and empty speculation.

Well, The Thread Was Started Prior To Mr. Santorum's Withdrawal.

The inability of Unprinciplty to shake-off his liberal identity doomed his candidacy. Still, I did not take Mr. Santorum to be quitter; for he very likely ended the possibility of a brokered convention—must have been his intention.

We saw the gop’s corruptibility, steal Iowa from Mr. Santorum—they gave it back later—after the TV implanted Mr. Romney the candidate of first-rate. But they did not replicate Iowa give back in New Hampshire, for they outright fear that candidate.

Invisibility will need assistance from Identity and Credibility. I must, therefore, pose the obvious: Who can best fill both labels? There are rumors of Rubio or Ryan—bit I think neither are able. Mr. Ryan has credibility—Rubio might be—but neither can identify Invisibility.

The gop must cast aside some stiff shirts, an instill a bit of nonconformity; indeed, they must augment their candidate of conventionality, with one man’s principled ideology—their best VP nominee, is none other than the son of Liberty.

T Kosciuszko

Ls have been endeavoring to stand on common ground with our R “conservative” brethren—but they appear O-drugged, for all they do is O-whine, and then select the next liberal in the Republican blood-line.
    Human freedom is Imagination's most precious possession.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12