Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Liberty-minded Candidates for US Congress

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

List of Liberty-minded Candidates for US Congress

List updated on Aug 29, 2012.

General Election Candidates
    (Tuesday, November 6, 2012*)
    *Primary dates indicated below if Primary has not occurred yet.

US House
    ----------------------------------

Arizona

California

Tom McClintock (R-incumbent) CA-4 - (purity: ★★★★☆)
    Greg Imus (R) CA-5 - (purity: ★★★★☆)
    John Dennis (R) CA-12 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Dana Rohrabacher (R-Incumbent) CA-48 - (purity: ★★☆☆☆)

Colorado

Tisha Casida (I) CO-3 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Florida

Calen Fretts (L) FL-1

Georgia

Paul Broun (R-incumbent) GA-10 - (purity: ★★★☆☆)
    Tom Graves (R-incumbent) GA-14 - (purity: ★★☆☆☆)

Idaho

Raul Labrador (R) ID-1 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Rob Oates (L) ID-1 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Indiana

Kentucky

Thomas Massie (R) KY-4 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Maryland

Eric Knowles (R) MD-3

Michigan

Justin Amash (R-incumbent) MI-3 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Kurt Haskell (D) MI-7 - (purity: ★★★★☆)
    Kerry Bentivolio (R) MI-11 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Minnesota

Missouri

New Hampshire
    Primary: September 11, 2012

Brendan Kelly (L) NH-1
    Rick Parent (R) NH-1
    Hardy Macia (L) NH-2
    Dennis Lamare (R) NH-2

New York

North Carolina

Walter Jones (R-incumbent) NC-3 - (purity: ★★★★☆)

North Dakota

Eric Olson (L)

Ohio

Richard Ehrbar (L) OH-3

Oregon

Art Robinson (R) OR-4 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Pennsylvania

Mike Koffenberger (L) PA-4

Tennessee

Texas

Patrick Hisel (L) TX-12 - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Steve Susman (L) TX-22
    Jessica Puente Bradshaw (R) TX-34
    Steve Stockman (R) TX-36 - (purity: ★★★★★)

Utah

Jason Chaffetz (R-incumbent) UT-3 - (purity: ★★★☆☆)

Virginia

Washington

John Koster (R) WA-1 (purity: ★★★★★)

US Senate
    -------------------------------------
    Arizona

Jeff Flake (R) - (purity: ★★★☆☆)

California

Florida

Connie Mack (R) - (purity: ★★★☆☆)

Indiana

Richard Mourdock (R) - (purity: ★★★☆☆)
    Andrew Horning (L)

Maine

Maryland

Daniel Bongino (R)

Michigan

Scotty Boman (L) - (purity: ★★★★★)

Minnesota

Kurt Bills (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)

Missouri

Montana

Dan Cox (L) - (purity: ★★★★★)

Nebraska

New Mexico

Jon Barrie (I) - (purity: ★★★★★)

New York

Chris Edes (L) - (purity: ★★★★★)

Pennsylvania

Rhode Island
    Primary: Sep 11, 2012

Barry Hinckley (R)

Tennessee

Texas

Ted Cruz (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆)

Virginia

Wisconsin

Green Purity indicates endorsement by Ron Paul.

Check out http://libertycandidates.com/ for more Liberty Candidate endorsements!
    Last edited by matt0611; 08-31-2012 at 05:19 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    Thanks! Looks like a good candidate. But this list is only for US Congress and Senate. She's running for Iowa state senate.

I do need to start making a list of state candidates too, but that would be quite a task!

For TN, there is a guy named Zach Poskevich running for Senate against Bob Corker who seems to be very liberty minded (and seems to agree with Paul on foreign policy).

On another note, does anyone know who is running for Paul's seat in his district?

http://www.zachforsenate.com/

Duplicate fail
    "You can prevent crimes by becoming a Police State. So if you advocate the Police State............the crime then will be against the American People and against Our Freedoms. And we will throw out so much of what Our Revolution was fought for." - Ron Paul, Nov. 22, 2011

You like Ben Swann? Let Raycom Media know!

Remove Mandel; he is 100% Zionist neo-con. pro-wars, any war.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    You do realize that there are libertarians that are not in lock step with Paul's non-interventionism? Just like there are many factions of every movement, there are many factions of libertarianism.

I don't know much about Mandel, but just pointing this fact about the policy differences out, because there are some that are not aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Ok thanks, I haven't vetted all these candidates (don't have the time to).

Oh well, can't be worse than Sherrod Brown I suppose...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt0611 View Post
    Ok thanks, I haven't vetted all these candidates (don't have the time to).

Oh well, can't be worse than Sherrod Brown I suppose...
    The thread title says these are Liberty-minded candidates yet some of them aren't?

Quote Originally Posted by LisaNY View Post
    The thread title says these are Liberty-minded candidates yet some of them aren't?
    I've skimmed over the candidates but I don't have time to vet all of them, all of them should be better than the incumbents though.

I was hoping that you all would give me some assistance of refining the list.

I've skimmed over the candidates but I don't have time to vet all of them, all of them should be better than the incumbents though.

I was hoping that you all would give me some assistance of refining the list.
    That can be a problem, because there are many differing opinions on what defines a liberty-minded candidate and what does not. One only needs to take a look at Rand is criticized at times on this forum to see that some folks have a certain standard they hold everyone up to. If we go down a road of absolutism we will be no more effective than the LP or CP folks are.

That's the reason I like the RLC because they have some standard principles that all their members agree to, but the means by which those goals are accomplished can be different.

Another from California:

Jenny Worman for Congress in California 28th District (Hollywood, Burbank, Glendale)
    http://jennywormanforcongress.ning.com/
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 03-07-2012 at 11:09 AM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

There is a sub-forum dedicated to 2012 Liberty Candidates:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...012-Candidates
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    There is a sub-forum dedicated to 2012 Liberty Candidates:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdi...012-Candidates
    Yup and no one ever sees that forum this has to be stickied here!
    Pledge to get Ron Paul to RUN in 2012!!!RunPaulRun

Newt Gingrich

TIRED of the media censoring of Paul www.blitzthemedia.com

Support http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ to get those great ads on TV in Iowa and NH!

Look at this excellent video to see why we must retake our country and how to do it!
    An Idea Whose Time Has Come - G. Edward Griffin - Freedom Force International

Josh Mandel doesn't belong on that list.
    "History has tried hard to teach us that we can't have good government under politicians. Now, to go and stick one at the very head of the government couldn't be wise." - Mark Twain

Twitter - @kevinmckenz
    Blog - Never Say Nothing

It is worth noting that Dr. Dan Eichenbaum has dropped out of the race for US House in NC.
    I do understand that there is a good one running in the 2nd district for US House named Sonya Holmes

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Shouldn't Robert Broadus be added to the list? He's a candidate for a Senate Seat in Maryland.
    http://www.justiceandliberty.us/

He supports voluntary healthcare
    Wants to end the IRS, Department of Energy, Department of Education, Homeland Security, FEMA, Department of Health and Human Services
    Wants to audit the Fed
    Says only the Congress has the Constitutional authority to declare War

Quote Originally Posted by evandeck View Post
    Shouldn't Robert Broadus be added to the list? He's a candidate for a Senate Seat in Maryland.
    http://www.justiceandliberty.us/

He supports voluntary healthcare
    Wants to end the IRS, Department of Energy, Department of Education, Homeland Security, FEMA, Department of Health and Human Services
    Wants to audit the Fed
    Says only the Congress has the Constitutional authority to declare War
    What Party is he running in?

How does he compare to Bongino, who is already on the list for that Senate seat? It looks like Bongino has been endorsed by Mike Lee.

I have watched the Maryland GOP primary debates for Senate, and Daniel Bongino is definitely not a liberty candidate. He is a pro-war establishment Republican.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfLiberty View Post
    I have watched the Maryland GOP primary debates for Senate, and Daniel Bongino is definitely not a liberty candidate. He is a pro-war establishment Republican.
    Who is the best candidate in that race based on the debates?

Note: Mike Lee endorsed Bongino.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-24-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Who is the best candidate in that race based on the debates?

Note: Mike Lee endorsed Bongino.
    Robert Broadus was closest to our ideas. He sounds like Ron Paul when he speaks foreign policy, but he is also caught up in social conservatism which is a turn off to some Ron Paul supporters. He now doesn't speak kindly of libertarians and criticized Ron Paul for not saying enough about appealing Obamacare. So I don't know. I just know that Bongino is a moderate and establishment favorite.

-Delete-
    Last edited by PowerOfLiberty; 05-30-2012 at 08:26 AM.

David Hancock in Georgia

Please look up David Hancock. He is running for congress in the 7th district of Georgia. He does not accept donations in order to keep him financially pure, but if you are in Georgia, you can help him by spreading his name. Please google him and add him to your list if you find him acceptable. I know he is not 100% pure Ron Paul, but he seems like a good candidate.

Why did Zach Poskevich get on this list?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by givemeliberty2010 View Post
    Have any info about him? What should his star rating be? How many issues does he disagree with Ron Paul on?

He was discussed in this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ch#post4367212

Quote Originally Posted by givemeliberty2010 View Post
    Is he that bad? He seemed OK to me, but I haven't done an in-depth investigation into his views.

From his website:

Economy
    Abolish the current tax code
    Work towards implementation of either 999 or the Fair Tax
    Allow businesses to succeed and fail under free market competition
    Become energy independent; drill here, drill now
    Audit the Federal Reserve
    Repeal the 16th and 17th Amendments

Bring manufacturing back to America by eliminating government burden placed on job creators through the EPA and other agencies
    Stop deficit spending
    Secure the border: illegal immigration increases the national debt and takes jobs away from legal citizens

Healthcare
    Repeal Obama Care
    Remove burdensome regulations that come between patient and doctor
    Allow purchase of insurance policies across state lines
    Remove government mandates imposed on insurance companies

National Security
    The role of the United States military is to protect US citizens and defend the Constitution of the United States
    The American taxpayer is under no obligation to fund any military activity that does not conform to its constitutional role
    Peace through strength and clarity
    Return military decisions back to the military and away from bureaucrats
    Withdraw the US from all international treaties that are unconstitutional and undermine US sovereignty
    Investigate and clearly articulate the threat of radical Islam within our borders and stand against Sharia Law
    Oppose and vote against any funding for, or implementation of, Agenda 21

Tenth Amendment
    The loss of states’ rights is the result of too many unconstitutional, federally controlled or mandated programs
    I will fight to return power back to the people and the states where it belongs

I will vote 'no' on any legislation like SOPA and PIPA, which directly violate freedom of speech

Social Issues
    100 % Pro Human Life
    Sponsor or Co-Sponsor a Constitutional Amendment making abortion illegal
    No tax dollars for abortion or abortion performing organizations like Planned Parenthood
    Marriage is between one man and one woman
    Uphold DOMA

(emphasis mine)

*Shrug*, seems decent to me. If you have any info please share.
    Last edited by matt0611; 07-09-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Is he that bad? He seemed OK to me, but I haven't done an in-depth investigation into his views.

From his website:

Economy
    Abolish the current tax code
    Work towards implementation of either 999 or the Fair Tax
    Allow businesses to succeed and fail under free market competition
    Become energy independent; drill here, drill now
    Audit the Federal Reserve
    Repeal the 16th and 17th Amendments

Bring manufacturing back to America by eliminating government burden placed on job creators through the EPA and other agencies
    Stop deficit spending
    Secure the border: illegal immigration increases the national debt and takes jobs away from legal citizens

Healthcare
    Repeal Obama Care
    Remove burdensome regulations that come between patient and doctor
    Allow purchase of insurance policies across state lines
    Remove government mandates imposed on insurance companies

National Security
    The role of the United States military is to protect US citizens and defend the Constitution of the United States
    The American taxpayer is under no obligation to fund any military activity that does not conform to its constitutional role
    Peace through strength and clarity
    Return military decisions back to the military and away from bureaucrats
    Withdraw the US from all international treaties that are unconstitutional and undermine US sovereignty
    Investigate and clearly articulate the threat of radical Islam within our borders and stand against Sharia Law
    Oppose and vote against any funding for, or implementation of, Agenda 21

Tenth Amendment
    The loss of states’ rights is the result of too many unconstitutional, federally controlled or mandated programs
    I will fight to return power back to the people and the states where it belongs

I will vote 'no' on any legislation like SOPA and PIPA, which directly violate freedom of speech

Social Issues
    100 % Pro Human Life
    Sponsor or Co-Sponsor a Constitutional Amendment making abortion illegal
    No tax dollars for abortion or abortion performing organizations like Planned Parenthood
    Marriage is between one man and one woman
    Uphold DOMA

(emphasis mine)

*Shrug*, seems decent to me. If you have any info please share.
    I was actually only going off of his issues page. I guess he's pretty good, overall. I think "Peace through strength and clarity" is a nice-sounding phrase without clear meaning. It might just be an excuse not to change anything, which is better than making things worse, of course. (Poskevich is obviously a Herman Cain acolyte, which isn't too bad.) "Return military decisions back to the military and away from bureaucrats" is alarming, though, but the idea is not extremely bad, I suppose.

I also would disagree with Poskevich on social issues and immigration, but I even disagree with Ron Paul on those things. Of course the list on these forums is not going to take a different stand, and those issues are not at the top of my concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    No it isn't and never will be the position of the neoconservatives. It is however, the talking point of maybe half of the normal conservatives.
    Yeah, the major commentators like Kristol and Krauthammer, and their puppet McCain haven't gone that far yet. It's so common now though that it isn't a good indicator. A question about Iran, Syria and Iraq would be more revealing.

Some good additions (all Republican) would be:
    Senate:
    - Michael Baumgartner - Washington , 4-5 stars
    - Denny Rehberg - Montana, ~3 stars, RP endorsed, RP liberty caucus member, tried to amend NDAA

House:
    - Richard Tisei - Massachusetts 6th, ~4 stars
    - Randy Weber - Texas 14th - 2-3 stars, RP endorsed
    - David Schweikert - Arizona 6th - ~4 stars, RP endorsed, YAL endorsed
    - Ted Yoho - Florida 3rd - ~4 stars, RP endorsed, YAL endorsed

Quote Originally Posted by compromise View Post
    Some good additions (all Republican) would be:
    Senate:
    - Michael Baumgartner - Washington , 4-5 stars
    - Denny Rehberg - Montana, ~3 stars, RP endorsed, RP liberty caucus member, tried to amend NDAA

House:
    - Richard Tisei - Massachusetts 6th, ~4 stars
    - Randy Weber - Texas 14th - 2-3 stars, RP endorsed
    - David Schweikert - Arizona 6th - ~4 stars, RP endorsed, YAL endorsed
    - Ted Yoho - Florida 3rd - ~4 stars, RP endorsed, YAL endorsed
    Don Volaric in Michigan.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast