Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Discussion: Marc Scaringi or Sam Rohrer

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    For me it is about advancing an agenda of principles that I stand for, not any one man. So if DeMint would have been a viable candidate and he campaigned on advancing an agenda I stand for then I may have supported him. I am not such an absolutist, that I would donate & volunteer my time for a man who I agree with 99% of the time and has no chance of winning, while refusing to support a man I agree with 95% of the time that can win.
    I wouldn't say its 99% versus 95%. To me its more like 99% versus 65%.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    Two man race between Smith and Rohrer. Looks like Scaringi is still a 1% candidate.
    I saw that too. Hopefully, Scaringi can use this experience and some base he may have picked up for a future contest. I think he is in CD-15, he could challenge Dent for the nomination in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Harris View Post
    I wouldn't say its 99% versus 95%. To me its more like 99% versus 65%.
    Are we talking about Rohrer or DeMint being 65%? Either way it all depends upon what issues are of the most importance for yourself. For me economic issues, particularly the Fed take the highest priority.

Quote Originally Posted by SchleckBros View Post
    Yikes.
    I couldn't help but laugh that Smith who was a democrat for 40 years ran a smear ad against Welch for voting for Obama.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Hope this settles it. @7:30 The candidates are asked to select the presidential candidate that most resembles their views. Scaringi identifies Paul. Rohrer identifies Santorum. Anyone who needs a reason not to vote for Rohrer look no further. And anyone who still thinks Rohrer is a libertarian needs to have their head examined.
    If he said Paul it would make us all feel good but it would also probably cause him to lose because most republicans don't support Ron Paul. I don't think his views really do resemble Santorum that much. Just the fact that he wants to make the Congress declare war before getting into any, that's a huge difference from Santorum. Or what about Rohrer's saying that we need sound money and to legalize gold and silver as legal tender vs. Santorum's statement "We need a little inflation".
    Last edited by HigherVision; 04-12-2012 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SchleckBros View Post

Yikes.
    Who f'ng cares about a pay raise? That's such a small amount of money compared to everything else even if true. The fact that that's all the guy can say about him says a lot I think. We'd save so much money and grow so much more prosperous with Rohrer's policies, I'd say that the tiny amount of money that would equal to when divided among everyone is a worthwhile investment if that's really the case.

Quote Originally Posted by HigherVision View Post
    Who f'ng cares about a pay raise? That's such a small amount of money compared to everything else even if true. The fact that that's all the guy can say about him says a lot I think. We'd save so much money and grow so much more prosperous with Rohrer's policies, I'd say that the tiny amount of money that would equal to when divided among everyone is a worthwhile investment if that's really the case.
    Fwiw I talked with his campaign people today, well a few hours ago, and they say he was told that a property tax bill would get a vote if he voted for the Pay raise deal. The bill never got to the floor and they say that is his only mistake and he learned from it. I need to look into his voting record but I'm told he has 150,000 good votes, and 1 bad vote. He seems to be the only one with a chance to beat Welch now. How many democrats does the RNC think they can endorse and feed us.

Watch these two videos and tell me how Scaringi is not the guy we should be voting for...

Scaringi is better, but unless you want to vote for a 1% candidate he is not a good choice.

Yeah, a vote for Scaringi isn't technically a vote for Tom Smith, but it effectively is.

I will be disappointed if Rohrer does not get it. People that supports Fed audits, competing currencies, declarations of war, repealing the patriot act, social security opt outs etc. are hard to come by.

I would have to say that Rohrer is almost as good as Rand Paul based on his state positions.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Got more Welch and Rohrer hate mail from Smith today. I was just out by Hershey and Scaringi signs are all over the place.

Evan Feinberg would like some help tomorrow.

I am sure you saw our email earlier that the Evan Feinberg Campaign Team will be joining with the Sam Rohrer for Senate Campaign to canvas neighborhoods in Westmoreland County tomorrow. We need as many volunteers to come as possible to help us reach as many potential voters as possible less than 2 weeks before the election. So please, come out and join us at 10:00 AM Tomorrow at the Panera Bread in Greensburg, at 300 Greengate Center Circle, Greensburg 15601. Also, pass the email along to anyone else who may be willing to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    Scaringi is better, but unless you want to vote for a 1% candidate he is not a good choice.

Yeah, a vote for Scaringi isn't technically a vote for Tom Smith, but it effectively is.

I will be disappointed if Rohrer does not get it. People that supports Fed audits, competing currencies, declarations of war, repealing the patriot act, social security opt outs etc. are hard to come by.

I would have to say that Rohrer is almost as good as Rand Paul based on his state positions.
    Yeah let's be serious guys. For the presidency it makes sense to vote for Ron even though he has no chance at winning because all the other candidates are horrible and we want to build a movement. But for the PA senate race we actually have a good candidate with a decent chance at winning. I think that voting for the candidate who has no chance for the sake of not settling for less than perfection would be a huge waste.
    Last edited by HigherVision; 04-14-2012 at 12:26 AM.

There are a few Sam Rohrer signs in my area. Looks like down here there are a few Sam Rohrer supporters. Smith sent my family (all republicans) hate mail on Sam Rohrer and I told my mom and gmom to not vote for him. They know I am more politically active and talk to all you guys and know more about the people. So Sam Rohrer got maybe three votes. I am still deciding if I should vote for the guy that I really really want or the guy I really want. Not sure yet.
    Last edited by tuggy24g; 04-16-2012 at 04:47 PM.

//
    Last edited by tsai3904; 04-16-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Literally just filled out my absentee ballot. Ron Paul, Marc Scaringi, Evan Feinberg.

Are there any recent gallup polls?

Literally just filled out my absentee ballot. Ron Paul, Marc Scaringi, Evan Feinberg.
    I'm sure you got the right delegates, too...
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Less than a week away now...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The next Primary is Tuesday, here's what we have:

Pennsylvania
    Primary: Apr 24, 2012

Mike Koffenberger (L) PA-4
    Evan Feinberg (R) PA-18

Pennsylvania
    Primary: Apr 24, 2012

Marc Scaringi (R) - (purity: ★★★★★)
    Sam Roher (R) - (purity: ★★★★☆)
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I'm sure you got the right delegates, too...
    sure did. 3 delegates and one alternate delegate

I wish Marc Scaringi was polling better. I think I will still vote for him even those word is he has no shot at winning :'={

Yeah vote for who you think is best. I'm ok with anyone but welsh or christian.

Nobody polls even close to casey

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yeah vote for who you think is best. I'm ok with anyone but welsh or christian.

Nobody polls even close to casey
    I have the feeling that gap will close.

They have a Republican Senator in Toomey, and Democrats will be unpopular running against Obama. I think the problem now for the GOP candidates is lack of name recognition.

There has not been any ads in PA for anyone but smith. That is why I think we should prop the delegates in PA and also Rohrer or Scaringi

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There were welsh and Rohrer ads on tv on the scranton stations.

Well none in my area (Bucks County)

Makes sense, Philly tv is probably more expensive and Philly in general doesn't have a lot of GOP voters.

The general will basically be decided by the turnout in Pittsburgh and Philly (both Dem strongholds). I forget the numbers, but there used to be a turnout number from Philly that would pretty much determine whether or not a Republican would win the state. If we are going into Nov with Obama having low approval numbers, the Philly & Pitt turnout will be low which could allow the Republican to carry the state.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast