Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Discussion: Marc Scaringi or Sam Rohrer

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaAvenger View Post
    Looking like the Scaringi votes may not matter anyways. Money seems to be everything in politics.
    Yes, it seems so. Smith isn't bad, like Welch was, so I can vote for him in November. It doesn't look like Pinto will win Auditor General either. If I looked at the delegates correctly too, it looks like I am 0 for 9 this election season. Oh well....try again next time.

Smith threw a ton of his own money at the race. Looks like it paid off for him.

I can live with him. Wonder if he has a chance against Casey?

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Smith threw a ton of his own money at the race. Looks like it paid off for him.

I can live with him. Wonder if he has a chance against Casey?
    A lot of that depends on how Obama is doing in PA come November. If Smith can run a strong campaign against Casey, and Obama is getting his ass kicked, then Smith may be able to take the state on Romney's coattails.

I was handing out delegate cards all night and was there with my state rep. We spent some time talking about this race. He said he liked Rohrer, but he ran against Corbett last time. It was Corbett's "turn". And because of this, they threw Rohrer under the bus. Basically, he said Rohrer could have had this race, but he pissed off the PAGOP by not falling in line.

This is what they do. If you want to win, you need to play their game. They own the game. They set the rules. And they decide who gets what office.

This night has really been an awakening into how strong the establishment really is. I'm still a little tired and not sure how to put this all together right now, but the parties control the voters. They own us and can make us do their bidding. And the people will do what the party tells them to do. They've got it all sewn up.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

What it comes down to is that most people are sheep. It's too bad everybody didn't pile on for Rohrer and campaign really hard for him and stuff. I came into it too late, too distracted by the presidential spectacle.
    Last edited by HigherVision; 04-24-2012 at 09:15 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I did the same thing I am disappointing that Sam did not make it and now we will have another guy with his own ajenda

Quote Originally Posted by HigherVision View Post
    What it comes down to is that most people are sheep. It's too bad everybody didn't pile on for Rohrer and campaign really hard for him and stuff. I came into it too late, too distracted by the presidential spectacle.
    If they were sheep Welch would have won. He was the state party endorsed candidate.

Smith is fairly wealthy, not particularly objectionable and used both to his advantage. I figured he was going to win. Rohrer and Scaringi combined wouldn't have beat him.

Bummer. The Liberty movement needs to get behind one candidate in the Primaries and fund them. That's the only way to win.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by tbone717 View Post
    Yes, it seems so. Smith isn't bad, like Welch was, so I can vote for him in November. It doesn't look like Pinto will win Auditor General either. If I looked at the delegates correctly too, it looks like I am 0 for 9 this election season. Oh well....try again next time.
    So what is the deal with Smith? his campaign Issues page isn't very specific on where he stands. I have been assuming all along that this guy is a neocon. am i wrong?

I feel that Tom only became a Republican because he could not run as a democrat!

Quote Originally Posted by tuggy24g View Post
    I feel that Tom only became a Republican because he could not run as a democrat!
    He did. I'm ok with it. He's a decent candidate, I'll vote for him in November. He's worlds better than Casey.

We should be trying to get a third party candidate running and support him. I feel we need to stop choosing the lesser of two evils when we could try to get someone who is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by tuggy24g View Post
    We should be trying to get a third party candidate running and support him. I feel we need to stop choosing the lesser of two evils when we could try to get someone who is much better.
    There's always the Libertarian candidate.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And that is? I tried calling the Libertarian party and they could not tell me anything. If you know who he is let me know please

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Bummer. The Liberty movement needs to get behind one candidate in the Primaries and fund them. That's the only way to win.
    Seriously. All this factionalism kills us. The fact is that we have to come together and perhaps compromise on one or a few issues in order to get the best candidates elected that are realistically possible. It's bad that there's a libertarian party, a constitution party and libertarian constitutionalists running in the republican party. It's divide and conquer but we do it to ourselves.

Seriously. All this factionalism kills us. The fact is that we have to come together and perhaps compromise on one or a few issues in order to get the best candidates elected that are realistically possible. It's bad that there's a libertarian party, a constitution party and libertarian constitutionalists running in the republican party. It's divide and conquer but we do it to ourselves.
    Rohrer and Scaringini votes combined would not have beat Smith.

You're missing the bigger point of my comment

Now that Rohrer is a two time statewide loser what's next for him? Is his career limited to the state house forever?

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Now that Rohrer is a two time statewide loser what's next for him? Is his career limited to the state house forever?
    I wish he would run for U.S. house. His career as a statewide candidate may indeed be done.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    He ran against Corbett. That's a mortal sin in the GOP. They will throw him under the bus every chance they get. If we want our type of candidates to win anything, we need to become the new GOP. We need to get the old guard out at every chance because they will not allow someone to "go rogue".
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Hopefully these college kids who show up for Ron Paul rallies but don't vote will actually register Republican in the next 2-4 years and participate. Once they get out of college and have tons of student debt and limited job opportunities.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hopefully these college kids who show up for Ron Paul rallies but don't vote will actually register Republican in the next 2-4 years and participate. Once they get out of college and have tons of student debt and limited job opportunities.
    I agree. I just hope they don't jump on the Democrat bandwagon. Lately, most of my friends have been talking about how they want the government to forgive their student loans. I just keep explaining to them why that's oh so wrong. When it's personal like that, they aren't Republican anymore. Believe it or not, some of these people are Ron Paul supporters. I try to explain to them the truth, but they get all bent out of shape and think I'm jealous. Personally, I think it's a far better thing to have struggled and paid off your own debt rather than putting it on the taxpayers or the inflation tax.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678